Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Holding Hands and Life Was Perfect

by Ashten_Reilly 1 review

Gerard reflects on the times he had with Addison - His best friends wife. Told by Gerard's P.O.V. Oneshot. *Some language.*

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-05-12 - Updated: 2008-05-12 - 970 words - Complete

0Unrated
I do not own any of the members of My Chemical Romance, and (obviously), this story is fake. I do own Addison Baker, though. Well, not OWN her, but I know her.

She looks so beautiful. The last time I saw her was 3 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days ago. Yeah, I have it marked on my calendar. It's kind of hard to not remember. It was the day she told me she wanted to work things out with Frank. By the way, Frank is my best friend. He never knew about Addison and I.

We secretely saw each other for a good 8 months. It wasn't your typical affair where we would just have sex. I took her out, I bought her gifts. Of course, the sex was amazing. She told me she wasn't having sex with Frank for a while. I believed her because Frank would tell me she was being distant.

I'm the one Frank came to when he thought Addison was having an affair. I'm the one he would call and cry to when things with them were getting really bad. I played the best friend role. I told him Addison loved him and would never do anything to hurt him. Sickly, I was smiling inside, because I was waiting for her to leave him. They have two young children, and that was also her reason for not wanting to leave. She used to always tell me she grew up in a home without her father, and she didn't want the same for her two small kids.

I guess I kind of always knew she would never leave. I held onto whatever hope I had that she would, though. She even came close one time. She told Frank she was at a co-workers house, but she was at mine. She stayed at my house for three days, and it was great for me. We never stayed with each other overnight for that long. Usually until the morning and then she'd have to go home and make an excuse up for Frank that she'd passed out at a friends. I remember him asking me, "What friends are these that she's with?" I also had to make up a story saying that I knew them, and that I had seen her at the bar earlier with one of them.

Anyways, so here I am, still broken hearted. I've really kept to myself since Addison and I broke up. People call, text, and e-mail asking what's wrong, but what can I say? "Oh, nothing. It's just that I've been seeing Frank's wife for 8 months, and now we've broken up." Negative. I just have to say I've been busy and make up more lies.

The thing that hurts the most is that she hasn't even called or texted to see how I am. The last time I spoke to her was when she told me she was going to stay with Frank. I haven't heard from her since. I left the day after to stay with my cousin a few hours away for 3 weeks. Now, here we are at Mikey's birthday party. Ray is talking to me about some new record that came out. I wish I could tell you what he's talking about, but I have no clue. My mind is in a hundred different places, and Addison being so close to me is driving me insane.

She finally looked at me. Those deep blue eyes that I loved looking into are looking into mine. She just flashed me a smile. I love her smile. Fuck. She looked away. I just looked away. I just wish that I - Huh? Who is tapping my shoulder? Oh, it's Frank. I'm greeted by a hug from Frank, and he just asked me how I've been. I want to scream at the top of my lungs that I'm a mess, and that I want his wife back with me. I shrug and say I've never been better. I see Addison walking up behind Frank. "Long time, no see, Gerard!" is what she just said. I just want to grab her hands and tell her to leave her life here, and we'll start a new one somewhere else. Another part of me wants to knock her down for only saying, "Long time, no see."

Frank is all sorts of talkative. I'm trying to pretend I'm paying attention like I was with Ray while trying to avoid eye contact with Addison. Oh, good! Mikey just called out to Frank to help him with the stereo. He walked away, and I want to as well since I know Addison will probably follow him.

"Hey!" I hear her say as I turned my back. She pushes me a little further to the corner of where I was. Her beautiful, pale face is so close to mine. "I know I was wrong for leaving the way I did. I never did apologize to you for it, but I want you to know I think about you everyday. I wish things could have worked out differently, but... well, it's a tough situation." I don't even know what else to say back to that. Frank is on his way back and I think I can say something before he walks into this conversation. "It's fine." What the fuck? That's all I said? "Gerard, we bought a boat. I think we'll take it out this weekend, and you should come!" Frank sounds excited. I agreed to the invitation.

These conversations are lasting forever, and I'm dragging now. I just finally made eye contact with Addison. Her blue eyes stared right into mine, and she put her cup to her lips and smiled. I don't think this is the end of us. Actually, I know this isn't the end of us. Keep talking, Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story