Categories > Anime/Manga > HanaKimi: For You In Full Blossom

Blossoming Roses

by Ratatosk 0 reviews

When Mizuki was asked to spend the summer at the Sano household, she never expected to fall in love... with the wrong Sano! [ShinxMizuki]

Category: HanaKimi: For You In Full Blossom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-05-12 - Updated: 2008-05-12 - 942 words

0Unrated
He inhaled deeply, trying to find inner focus; forget about the others looking anxiously upon him. His breath fell into a rhythmic pattern in…out…in…out…and his feet soon followed, picking up speed left…right…left..right..left.right.leftrightleftright

Propelling himself with his right foot, his left leg began to soar over the bar. His body arced into near-perfect form and the momentum of the jump carried the rest of his body over the bar.

The next moment seemed to be suspended. Hanging mid-air, all he could see was the sky and, at that moment, it seemed as if it were all that existed. The sky--vast, blue, majestic, peaceful. It was at moments like this that he was reminded of why he loved high jumping. It wasn’t for the competition; not to outdo his brother or Kagurazaka. At the moment, it wasn’t even for her. All that mattered was the sky.

The sudden impact of his body hitting the mat snapped him back to earth. Looking up, he found to his satisfaction that the bar remained in place.

“2.09 meters,” the coach observed. “Not your best height, but satisfactory.” Turning to the rest of the team, he continued. “That should be enough for today. Good work everyone!” Slowly, the team began to disperse to the locker room.

“Great job today, Sano!” Mizuki commented as approached the gate. She had been walking Yujiro and had decided to stay to watch the end of the practice. “I don’t know a whole lot high jumping, but it looks like your form is improving!”

“I suppose so…” he muttered distantly. For once, he actually wished that they weren’t walking back to the dorm together. Recently, talking to Mizuki had become increasingly awkward, and he had something very important he’d been meaning to ask her.

“I can’t believe that the school year’s almost over,” Mizuki began to babble. Sano was just glad that Mizuki was the one doing the talking. “I mean, it seems like this year went by so fast, especially this past month since the seniors graduated. It just hasn’t been the same without them, especially Nanba. I’m even beginning to miss Tenoji and Himejima… And what about Nakatsu becoming the new head of dorm two? Can you believe it?” She rapidly spat out these questions, but, fortunately for Sano, she didn’t seem to be looking for answers,

“Wow, next year’s really going to be our last year at Osaka…” Mizuki suddenly observed, but the moment she said it she wanted to bite her tongue. Leaving Osaka had become taboo between the two of them as they both secretly feared the reality that they’d probably never see each other again.

Noticing Mizuki and Sano’s sudden depression, Yujiro cocked his head to one side and whimpered. Not being one for sad faces, he jumped up and began licking Mizuki’s face, causing her to loose her balance and fall into Sano. Even with so much tension in the air, Mizuki and Sano couldn’t help but laugh as they and Yujiro sat in an awkward and tangled heap on the ground.

Upon returning to their dorm, Sano pulled off his sweat-soaked shirt and grabbed a towel. “I’m getting in the shower,” he told Mizuki.

“’Kay,” she replied from where she sat on her bunk, reading a magazine.

Before opening the bathroom door, Sano paused. After a quick mental debate, he turned around. “Hey, Ashiya…” he began hesitantly.

“Yeah?” she replied as she put down her magazine and leaned over the bed to talk to him.

Gaining a little more confidence, he continued. “Have you made any plans for this summer yet?”

“Not really,” Mizuki confessed. “I thought about going home, but I didn’t wan to cause my parents the trouble of airfare and everything.” Plus they might not let me come back, she added to her self. “So I was thinking of maybe getting a job in the area. Why?”

“Well, I was planning on spending the summer in Hokkaido since my father and I are on better terms now-” thanks to you “-and I was wondering if you’d like to stay with us,” he explained.

“Stay with you?! You mean for the whole summer?! I couldn’t! I mean, um, I wouldn’t want to be a burden to your family or anything,” she muttered, dumbfounded, as her face turned pink.

“Of course you wouldn’t. No one in his or her right mind would consider living with you to be a burden,” he told her warmly. “Besides, I already asked my parents and they said they’d be happy to have you.”

“Are you sure? I mean, if it’s really okay with everyone, I-I’d love to!” she stuttered as her face increased to a dull red.

“Great!” Sano smiled at her warmly. Mizuki’s face became beet red and she grabbed her pillow in a futile attempt to hide it. Meanwhile, Sano turned around and entered the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Oh my god! I get to stay with Sano and his family for the whole summer! Mizuki thought to herself as she fell onto her back and hugged her pillow to her chest. Still drowning in her ecstasy, she picked up the magazine she had been reading and flipped to the page entitled, “High School’s Hottest High Jumping Stars.” After having read Sano’s bio seven times, she began to scan the rest of the article. One bio in particular immediately caught her eye.

I wonder how Shin’s doing…
Sign up to rate and review this story