Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Don't they say?

by never_save_me 2 reviews

'Max Everly' might not be a household name, but you'll learn it soon enough...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-05-13 - Updated: 2008-05-13 - 1577 words

1Exciting
AN: Hi guys, so 'Twenty-One Letters Ending in T' is almost done, and this has been playing on my mind for a while. It is AU, so just read it ok?


”Max Everly might not be a household name; no Lindsay, Hillary or Miley. But since her debut in 2003s “Paper Wings”, the young actress who was raised in an academic commune in Boston, has been adopted as the indie princess of disaffected youths anywhere. A banner on one young fan’s webpage features a prominent picture of Max snapped during the Warped Tour in 2005 and declares her to be ‘Saint Max: The Original Death Bat Bitch’.


“You won’t see blonde hair, blue eyes or bright tunics around here. But I shy away from calling Max an enigma, a mystery. Mostly because those descriptions are applied to just about every post-tween star peering back at you from the pages of a glossy magazine, a lit cigarette dangling from their fingers (whether they smoke or not, and Max – by the way- does) and a look of feigned incomprehensibility directed across their face by the photographer.


“You will be seeing more of Max Everly though. Up until now she has belonged to the realm of independent films and thrash metal music, but the past six months have changed all of that. First there was the hushed up on set incident. Details are murky about what exactly happened the day a car on the set of her film exploded, and I have been told not to ask her about that. I was also warned against bringing up her recent sudden split from her rock star fiancée…but I will diverge to say that she looks a million dollars…”



Max rolled her eyes and stuffed the magazine back into the rack at the paper stand.

“Well that’s not too bad, I’ve had wankier profiles” She said to Alex who was standing beside her.

“Mmm, just don’t look at page 3 of /OK!/” He said, sliding his sunglasses further up his nose, knowing she’d take the bait.


Sure enough on Page 3 she found a picture of herself, it had been taken a few days before on a break from shooting when she had wandered down to the local Starbucks. It was a bad photo, she didn’t take many of them, but in this one she looked tired and distracted.
The caption, plastered across the bottom of the photo screamed: NOT SO HAPPILY EVERLY AFTER and went on to speculate on the break up.


She sighed heavily and closed the magazine with a snap.

“It’s your own fault for not talking about it”

“It’s nobody’s business Alex,” She hissed as they walked back towards her apartment, “what time is the flight?” She asked.

“Ten o’clock, the car is picking us up in half an hour”

“It’s too damn early,” Max muttered as she shook out her long hair that was currently dyed an iridescent shade of bright purple.

“Is that your cell?” Alex asked, hearing faint tinkling music coming from her bag.
Max stopped and dug out her cell phone, grinning when she saw the name.

“Master Gates the younger,” She greeted Brian who laughed.

“Hey Max, what are you doing?”

She wrinkled her pert nose,

“Just been for breakfast with Alex, he and I are heading back to my place to pack and meet the car”

“What time do you get in to LA?”

“We’re leaving New York at ten, so probably around two. It’s going to be a rush”

“With the time you take to make yourself pretty, I’ll bet”

Max pouted and Alex laughed.

“Zacky and I are looking forward to it though” Brian assured her.

“I thought all you guys were coming?” She asked, she knew she’d sent them all tickets to the premierre.

“Yeah they are, but Zacky and I are the ones that get to escort you down the red carpet”

Max laughed,

“That you do”

“Heard from asshat?” He asked, attempting to slip it into the conversation.

“Subtle Syn, I’ll call you when I get into LA”

“It was just a…”

“/Goodbye/ Syn” She said with a laugh as she closed her phone.


“Have you got your outfit for tonight?” Alex called from the kitchen.

Max stuck her head out of her bedroom.

“Oh my God Alex! The one thing I forgot! The outfit I spent all day yesterday picking out! This, this is why I pay you so much” She called, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Whatever Max, the car’s here” He replied, downing the last of his coffee.

She pinched his cheek as she swanned past him with her suitcase.

“Don’t pretend I’m not your favourite client” She said with a giggle as she walked out the door.


Max peered critically into the compact mirror she always kept with her, and quickly adjusted the huge side fringe her hairdresser had given hair. She smiled to make sure there was nothing in her teeth as the car pulled up behind the venue.

“You look perfect” Alex sighed from behind his book.

The rear passenger door was pulled open and Max braced herself for the attack.


Zacky pounced straight on her.

“Max!” He cried.

“Zacky!” She hollered back, hugging him tight, it had been months since she had seen her boys.


She pushed him off her and leaned over to hug Synyster as well.

“How are you doing Bloss?” He asked playfully and she swatted him for the nickname.

“I’m good”

“Tired?”

She groaned,

“Please don’t tell me you saw that picture” She whispered, covering her face in shame.

He laughed,

“Well it was no HannaBeth picture”

“Fuck you” She replied as Alex scrambled out of the car.

“Great to see you again guys,” He said, nodding to Zacky and Syn, “I’ll see you at the premierre” He said to Max.


Max leaned back as the car started moving again.

“Well I am /pumped/!” Zacky stated from his seat next to her.

Max smiled.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get here earlier to see you guys”

“No problems babe,” Syn replied, slinging his arm around her, “There’s always tonight anyway, what’s on for you after this?”

Max smiled coyly.

“Well I’m staying in LA for a week or so, then I’m going back to Boston for a while and after that, who knows?”

“You do,” Zacky replied, “You’ve got something up your sleeve”

Max smiled innocently.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Mr. Vengeance” She replied as she slid on a pair of Ray Bans and the car came to a stop.


She wasn’t exactly Scarlett Johannsen, and this wasn’t exactly the premierre of the latest Mission Impossible, but there were enough photographers to blind her momentarily as she stepped out of the car. Zacky, noticing this, slipped his arm around her waist and hugged her to him and she grinned for the cameras.


“Max!”

“Max!”

“Miss Everly! Over here!”

Max gravitated straight to the fans, there was a group of young girls, scene girls, with a banner reading that epitimous slogan: /SAINT MAX: THE ORIGINAL DBB!!!/


“Hi guys” She greeted them and she was rewarded by shrieks as they recognized her and the Avenged boys.

“Oh my God! I love you!” Cried one of the girls and Max laughed.

"I love your outfit!" Another cried.

Max smiled and smoothed down the bright orange mini dress she had found in a vintage store in Australia the week before and had combined with a pair of black fishnet stockings, purple shoes that matched her hair and black fishnet sleeves.

“We’re soooo sorry about the break up” Cried a girl with teal-coloured hair and Max continued to smile.

“Thank you” She replied as she caught Alex’s eye from the doorway, he must have run to have made it here that fast.


Synyster and Zacky, each with an arm around her, led her down the red carpet.

“Max! I’m Marion Cataldo with MTV! Do you have a moment?”

“Of course” Max replied with an inward sigh.

The newsreader beamed at her.

“And we’re here at the premierre of ‘Socratic Irony’ with Max Everly,” She said into the camera with a toothy grin, before turning back to Max.

“Max, you’ve been filming a new movie that you wrote yourself in Australia for the past few months, are you happy to be back in America?”

Max smiled for the camera.

“I am so happy to be home” She replied, “Especially now that I’m back with my good friends” She hugged the boys tighter.

“And finally Max, how are you feeling being back in the spotlight for the first time since the break up?”

Max grinned again as Zacky’s arm tightened around her.

“Well all I can say is that I am so glad I don’t have to lose any more sleep about wearing flat heels at my wedding so I’m not towering over the groom”

A round of laughter rang out, especially from Zacky and Syn, and Max swanned into the premierre.


“Cute,” hissed Alex, materializing at her side.

“Thank you” Max replied smugly.

“Petty…but cute”

“You could have just stopped at ‘cute’” She snapped.


AN: So what do you think? Can you guess who this revolves around?
Sign up to rate and review this story