Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Vampire Chronicles

by flawedrainbow 5 reviews

Vampire story. Drama drama :) Read & find out! Fall Out Boy + some Panic + some TAI. R&R

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-05-14 - Updated: 2008-05-15 - 13935 words - Complete

1Exciting
[A/N Hey guys! Just a short story that I did over the last couple of days. I'm just gonna post it into the one chapter file. Hope you enjoy! /]

~~~~~~~~~ By Stevie 2008

Dark clouds started to roll in as I made my way home from school. I quickened my pace in hopes of making it home before the rain, but to no such luck. 2 seconds later, it started to sprinkle before beginning to pour heavily. Thank God I was a fast runner! I made it home in 2 minutes, but was soaked from head to toe. After unlocking the door, I quickly dashed inside. Something wasn’t right. I could feel it. There was a weird smell in the air, almost... metallic.
“Mum? Dad?” I called out, but there was no answer.
‘But their cars in the driveway.’ I thought.
I checked the living room.
“Mum? Dad?” I called out again, but still no answer.
‘What if something bad has happened to them?!’ I thought worriedly.
When I saw their bedroom door ajar, my heart rate increased rapidly.
I nervously opened up the door and let out an almighty scream.
My parents. Both covered in blood, their blood. With their eyes glazed over and looks of fear frozen onto their faces. I ran over to my mother and tried to shake her awake.
“Mum! Wake up! This isn’t funny!” I cried out, tears streaming down my face.
I tried the same thing with dad, but neither of them responded.
I shakily took out my mobile and hit #1 on my speed dial.
“Hey Evie.” He happily greeted.
“Mum... Dad... Blood.” I choked out between tears.
“Stevie?! What’s going on?!” he asked, now worried.
I couldn’t say anymore. I dropped the phone and started to sob. I brought my knees to my chest and clenched my eyes shut before rocking back and forth, trying to erase the pictures from my mind.

A minute later, the front door flew open, and I heard somebody running towards me.
“Evie?” they asked.
I shook my head and continued to cry. He took me into his arms and held me close.
“Th-They’re gone Pete.” I said quietly, tears still flowing freely.
“I know.” He said, his voice cracking slightly.
I held onto him, and he skilfully picked me up and carried me into the living room.
“The cops are on their way man.” A voice said out of nowhere.
I screamed.
“Shh, it’s ok. It’s just ‘Trick.” Pete told me.
I nodded, and breathed in and out slowly to try and calm down.
“Thanks.” Pete said towards Patrick who nodded.
Not long after, I drifted into an uneasy sleep.

“Evie? Wake up hun.” Pete said, shaking me awake.
“Pete! I had this terrible dream about mum and dad and-“he had blood on his shirt, I looked down and saw that I did too, “it wasn’t a dream, was it?” I asked, tearing up again.
He shook his head sadly, “The police are here. They wanna ask you a few questions.” He told me.
I nodded and got up carefully.

After answering all of the police’s questions, I took a shower, giving my clothes to the woman police officer for ‘evidence.’ I must’ve stayed in that shower for a good 45 minutes. I scrubbed my skin red & raw. I turned the shower off, wrapping a towel around myself and walking into my room. I grabbed some track pants and shirt before quickly changing into them before sitting on my bed and staring at the wall.
A knock at the door pulled me out of my thoughts, “Y-yeah?” I answered shakily.
“Can I come in Evie?” Pete asked from his side of the door.
“Ok.” I said, and he opened the door, quietly walking in and sitting beside me on my bed.
“Pack your things. You’re coming with me.” He told me.
I nodded in response and got up, walking over to my wardrobe and grabbing a suitcase. I quickly put all of my clothes, plus my laptop, phone & charger, and my iPod into the suitcase. I zipped it up, and placed my school bag with it.
“All good?” Pete asked.
I nodded, and he grabbed my bags and we walked outside to the car. Patrick was there and helped put all of my things in the back of the car.

The drive was quiet; I stared out of the window the entire time, thinking about my parents. What happened? Who killed them? How’d they kill them? And... Why? I was pulled out of my thoughts by the car parking and the engine switching off.
“Evie? We’re here.” Pete said to me from the front.
I took off my seatbelt, and opened the door before heading to the back of the car to get my things. Pete stopped me, and got them himself before grabbing my hand and heading inside.

It was an old looking warehouse on the outside, but inside, it was furnished like a modern home. Big kitchen, big TV, all the things you’d find in a normal house. Pete led me up the stairs next to the living room before he opened a door to the right and leading me in. It was a small room with an old and dusty window. It also had a walk in robe with a chest of drawers. Pete placed my bags on the bed and walked towards me. I looked up at him, tears glistening in my eyes. He looked so much like dad. Pete saw me beginning to cry and pulled me into a hug.
“It’s gonna be ok Evie. I’ll always look after you.” He told me, rubbing my back before kissing my head affectionately.
“I-I love you Pete.” I said, holding onto him tightly.
“I know sweetie. I love you too.” He replied.
He let me go and kissed my forehead.
“Do you wanna set up in here?” he asked me.
I looked around and nodded.
“Ok, yell out if you need me ok?” he told me.
Again, I nodded. He kissed my forehead once again, and left the room.

2 hours later, I was done. I even cleaned the window and draped my Star Wars blanket over the curtain rails.
There was a knock at my door, “Come in!” I said.
The door opened, and Pete was standing there.
“Hey.” I said quietly.
“Hey. I like the curtain.” He smiled.
“So do I!” a voice called from behind him.
“Of course you would Joe, you bought it for me!” I smiled slightly.
“We were just wondering if you were hungry.” Pete told me.
I shook my head, “Not really.” I replied.
“Ok. Do you wanna come downstairs?” he asked.
Again, I shook my head, “No thanks. I think I’m gonna go to bed. I’m really tired.” I said before I yawned.
Pete nodded.
“I’ll be downstairs if you want me. Nighty night Stevie.” Joe smiled.
“Night.” I replied, and Joe left the room.
I got into bed, and Pete pulled the covers over me.
“Night Evie. I love you.” He said, kissing my forehead.
“Love you too,” He started to walk away, “Pete!” I called out to him.
He turned back around.
“Could you... leave a light on please?” I asked.
He nodded and turned the wardrobe light on.
“Goodnight.” He said before leaving and closing the door.
I rolled over and willed for sleep to take me. Thankfully it did, and I settled into a dreamless sleep.

The next week, I had decided to go back to school. The funeral was a few days ago, and the news had caught wind about my parents murder... yeah murder. The police dubbed it homicide. When I walked into school, I was given sympathetic glances by my fellow classmates. I wish they’d stop looking at me. I feel awkward enough as it is. As I walked towards my locker, somebody bumped into me, sending me to the floor.
“I am so sorry! Are you ok?” an angelic voice asked, helping me up.
I took a good look at them; he had on the school’s navy blazer, with white button up shirt plus navy tie with black slacks. He was gorgeous!
“Y-yeah, I’m ok. I’m Stevie.” I told him.
“Brendon.” He replied.
“You new?” I asked him, he didn’t look familiar.
“Yeah, first day. Just trying to find my class but I’m not doing a very good job.” He chuckled.
“Junior?” I asked him.
“Senior.” He corrected.
“Give me your schedule.” I told him. He took it out of his pocket and handed it to me.
“Well today’s your lucky day. For some... odd reason, we seem to have all the same classes together.” I smiled and handed it back.
“Really? You’re a senior?” he asked sceptically.
“Yeah. I skipped a couple of grades. I’m supposedly smart.” I whispered to him.
He laughed.
“Come with me to my locker, and we’ll get going.” I said.
He nodded, and we walked over to my locket. I took out everything that I needed, which was a couple of exercise books, and my pencil case, and we made our way to homeroom. As soon as we entered the room, Miss Alex looked over at me and gave me a sympathetic smile.
“Miss Alex, this is Brendon. He’s new.” I said, taking her gaze off of me.
“Brendon...” she looked at the role, “Urie?” she asked.
Brendon nodded.
“You can sit next to Stevie.” She said, gesturing towards my seat.
I walked over to my seat beside the window and at down. Brendon sat beside me and I started to gaze out of the window.
“So...” Brendon said, causing me to look at him.
“So what?” I asked.
“Tell me about yourself.” He smiled.
“Ok. I’m 16, I live with my brother and I like music.” I answered.
“What type of music?” he asked.
I took my iPod out of my pocket and handed it to him, “Check it out.” I told him, which he did.
Turns out, we both listen to a lot of the same music.
“What about you?” I asked him.
“I’m 18, I live with my friends, and I too like music. As we’ve already discussed.” He grinned.
The bell rang, and students began to flood in.
“Do you know what the best thing is about homeroom?” I asked Brendon.
He shook his head.
“Our next class is in here. So we don’t have to move.” I told him.
“Lazy.” He chuckled.
I shrugged and smiled.
Miss Alex began to call the roll, and once it was over, she left which allowed us to do our own thing.
“What do we have next again?” Brendon asked.
“Maths, then English.” I replied.
He nodded, and we waited for class to start.

~~~
The day ended quickly, and Brendon and I had become instant best friends. It was crazy! I’ve never had a friend like him before, and I’ve only known him a day. He was amazing. Once the day was over, I walked out the front of the school and waited for Patrick to pick me up. Pete doesn’t like going out during the day. He told me he worked nights, so he tried to sleep as much as possible during the day. Pat’s car pulled up, and I walked over and got inside.
“Hey. How was school?” he asked, pulling back out and getting on the road.
“It was ok.” I replied.
“How are you?” he asked, keeping his eyes on the road.
“I’m... ok.” I replied.
He nodded, and we continued to drive.

3 or so minutes later, we arrived at ‘the warehouse’ as I’d affectionately dubbed it. We walked inside, and Joe plus Andy were sitting on the couch watching TV. Joe looked over as he heard the door close behind Patrick and I.
“Hey! How was school? Did everyone treat you ok? Do I need to hurt anyone?” he asked.
I chuckled, “No thanks Joe. It was ok. Everybody looked at me and gave me sympathetic looks. It was rather annoying.” I replied.
“Ok. Wanna watch TV?” he asked with a smile.
I shook my head, “No thanks. I think I’m gonna go up to my room.” I said before walking up the stairs, and into my room.
I sat on my bed; laptop perched on my knees, and signed into msn. A pop-up came up, signalling that somebody added me. I clicked ‘OK’ and looked at my contact list. A new conversation opened up.

Redrimmedvamp says: hey :)
Human iPod says: hi who’s this?
Redrimmedvamp says: Brendon from school
Human iPod says: oh! Hi how’d you get my email?
Redrimmedvamp says: I have my ways lol
Human iPod says: ok then... you’re not a stalker are you?
Redrimmedvamp says: no! I saw it in your diary at school
Human iPod says: oh ok then
Redrimmedvamp says: yeah so what’s happening?
Human iPod says: not much, wbu?
Redrimmedvamp says: not much either... do you want to hang out?
Human iPod says: umm, yeah, let me go ask. Brb
Redrimmedvamp says: ok

I quickly got up, and made my way downstairs.
“Patrick?!” I called out.
“Study!” he yelled back.
I walked into the study, “Hey, can I go and hang out with a friend?” I asked hopefully.
“Who?” he asked eyeing me.
“He’s new. His names Brendon.” I replied.
“I dunno...” Patrick said.
“Please ‘Trick! I just wanna get my mind off of everything.” I pleaded.
“Ok. But be home before dark!” he said sternly.
“Thank you.” I smiled, turning around, and walking back up to my room.

Human iPod says: you there?
Redrimmedvamp says: yeah so what’s the verdict?
Human iPod says: I can hang out. Where though?
Redrimmedvamp says: how about the school oval?
Human iPod says: sounds good. See you there in 15
Redrimmedvamp says: see ya then
Redrimmedvamp has gone offline.

I signed off too, and turned my laptop off. I walked over to my wardrobe to get changed out of my school uniform. It was kinda like the guy’s one but the female version, navy blazer, white button up blouse with a navy tie and a navy tartan skirt with black school shoes accompanied with white knee high socks. Dorky right? Yet somehow, some girls pull it off really well! I changed into my straight jeans with a black V-necked shirt and my purple hoodie teamed with my purple kicks. I shoved my phone and iPod in my pockets and walked back downstairs.
“Going somewhere?” Joe asked, still on the couch.
“Yeah, going to hang out with a friend. I’ll be back later.” I told him.
He nodded, and I walked out the door.

It took me 10 minutes to walk to the school, but it felt like less due to the fact that I listened to my iPod the entire way there. I saw a head of dark brown hair as I neared the oval. I made my way over to him and sat down.
“Hey.” I said, taking the earphones out of my ears.
“Hey. How are ya?” he asked.
I shrugged, “Ok, you?”
“Same.” He smiled.
“So, why’d you wanna hang out?” I asked him.
“I just hate being inside sometimes. And it sucks going out alone, so I thought ‘why not ask Stevie?’ so I did.” He replied with a smile.
“Cool.” I nodded.
“Wanna do anything?” he asked.
“I don’t mind.” I shrugged.
He got up and reached out his hand for me to grab, which I did, and he helped me up. He continued to hold onto my hand as we walked away from the oval and down the road towards the mall. Not that I minded, it felt good to be around Brendon. He made me forget.

We were back at the oval, laughing and joking around. We had gone for a walk around the area. It was nice. Brendon had started to tickle me, and before I knew it he was on top of me tickling the life out of me!
“Stop Bren! That tickles!” I laughed, trying to swat his hands away.
He grinned at me. Whoa! I just noticed how close our faces were. Brendon leaned in closer, and our lips met. It became intense quickly, and his tongue grazed the bottom of my lip. I put my arms around his neck as we kissed. All of a sudden, pain burst through my bottom lip. I quickly pulled away from Brendon, and touched my lips gently. It was bleeding.
“I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t mean to! I have to go!” Brendon said quickly, getting up and running down the road.
“Brendon!” I called after him, but he kept on going.
I sighed, and got up carefully, placing my sleeve on my lip to stop the bleeding. It stung like a bitch. I began to make my way home, but found myself outside of a house blocked off by police tape. It was my old house. Home. I began to tear up, I missed them so god dam much! What did they do to deserve being killed?! They were the greatest people I knew! Tears began to roll freely down my cheeks, and I turned on my heel and began to journey back to the warehouse. The images of mum and dad flashed through my mind. It was like they were branded into my brain. I couldn’t get rid of them, no matter how hard I tried.

Not long afterwards, I arrived at the warehouse and went inside. I took my sleeve from my lip and looked at it. There wasn’t a lot of blood on it, and after touching my lip I realised the bleeding had stopped.
“Hey.” Patrick said as I entered the lounge room.
“Hi.” I replied.
“What happened to your lip?” he asked looking at me.
“I got lost in thought and bit it. Nervous habit.” I lied.
He nodded, and turned back to the TV. I made my way up to my room and closed the door behind me. I walked over to my bed and lied down. After staring at the wall for what seemed forever, I fell asleep.

-----------
Brendon
-----------
I ran home.
'I can’t believe it bit her! What the hell happened back there?!’ I mentally cursed myself.
I ran up the steps of the mansion I lived in and walked inside.
Somebody was standing not too far from the front door. He was tall. Say 6’3 maybe? He had shoulder length brown, messy hair, and was dressed in tight pants plus a V-necked shirt. He turned to me and smiled.
“Brendon! How was school?” He asked.
“Fine.” I replied, trying not to think about Stevie.
“What’s that on your lip?” he asked coming closer.
“I bit someone.” I muttered, hating myself for it.
“That’s great!” he smiled widely, baring his fangs.
“No it’s not William! I really like her! She’s gonna think I’m crazy!” I exclaimed frustrated.
“Brendon, get over it. It’s who you are. You know that.” He told me.
I groaned.
“Something... doesn’t smell right.” William said, sniffing the air.
“What are you talking about?” I asked, confused at his actions.
He came closer to me, and sniffed.
“It’s you.” He said.
“What? My aftershave? Deodorant? Or it could be the fact that I was around humans all day.” I pointed out.
“No. It’s the blood. It smells like... Wentz.” He growled the last name.
My eyes widened. Wentz? Oh no!

--------

I awoke in the middle of the night, ‘Shouldn’t have fall asleep so god dam early!’ I mentally cursed.
I got off of my bed, and quietly made my way out of my room. Once I was halfway down the stairs, I noticed the TV was still on, and all the guys were sitting on the couch. Pete was the first to notice me.
“Evie? Why are you awake?” he asked.
I shrugged, “Couldn’t sleep.” I answered before going over to him and giving him a hug.
He pulled me onto his lap, “Why are all of you guys up? And why aren’t you at work?” I asked Pete.
“I’m waiting for the call. They call when they want me.” He replied, kinda nervously.
“Oh, ok. I’m gonna get something to eat.” I said, and walked over to the kitchen.
I made myself a peanut butter sandwich and walked back over to the guys. I offered Pete a bite, which he took, before eating the rest myself.
“You should go back to bed. School tomorrow.” Pete reminded me.
I groaned.
“I know, I know. School sucks. But, you have to do it. Go on, I’ll see you tomorrow Evie.” He smiled, pecking my cheek.
“Night.” I said, yawning briefly before heading upstairs and back to my room.
I crawled under the covers, and snuggled into them, hoping for a dreamless sleep. My prayers were answered, and it came.

The next morning, after having a shower and getting dressed, I walked downstairs to make myself some breakfast. A simple breakfast of an apple and a piece of toast were eaten before I grabbed my bag and made my way to school. After putting my earphones in, I blasted some Paramore and began the walk to school. I had about an hour ‘til school started, so I took my time walking. I had listened to about 5 songs by the time I had gotten there. I pulled the earphones out, and wrapped them around my iPod before placing it in my pocket and going to my locker. I pulled out all the things I needed, and made my way to homeroom early. Miss Alex let me in, another sympathetic smile, and I sat down in my seat next to the window. The day hadn’t even begun and it was going slowly.

Half an hour later, the bell rang, and people started going to their classes. I saw Brendon’s face among the crowd, and he took the seat beside me. The next 5 minutes was Miss Alex calling the role and then leaving. The noise slowly built up, and everyone was doing their own thing. A piece of paper was pushed to me.
‘I’m really sorry about yesterday’ it said.
I looked at Brendon and he sheepishly smiled.
I wrote back, ‘Don’t worry about it :)’ and slid it back to him.
He smiled when he read it.
2 seconds later, he slid it back, ‘I thought you’d hate me’ he wrote.
I shook my head before writing, ‘I could never hate you’ and giving it back.
He looked at me and smiled, “Thanks.” He said to me.
“No problem.” I smiled.
“Do you wanna come over after school?” he asked me.
“Just let me check. One second.” I said, whipping out my phone and texting Patrick.
He said as long as I’m home before dark. What is it with this kid and the dark?!
“Yeah, I can go.” I smiled.
Brendon smiled back, and our teacher walked in. Time for another long day.

The day was indeed long, and I couldn’t wait to go to Brendon’s house. I had no homework, so I put all my things in my locker, before heading outside to wait for Brendon. A minute later he came outside, laden with a heavy book bag.
“Where are all your books?” Brendon asked me, shocked that I only had a small backpack.
“I finished all my homework during class.” I replied.
“Oh... do you think you could help me with mine?” he asked.
“Sure. We’ll do it when we get to your place.” I smiled.
He nodded before taking my hand and leading me down the street.

We arrived at, what I assumed to be his place, a few minutes later. It was an old Victorian style mansion. Probably 100 or 200 years old! I don’t really know specifics.
“Wow Bren. Your house is really nice.” I told him, looking at the mansion before me.
“Thanks. Come on, let’s go inside.” He said.
I nodded and followed him up the stairs before going inside.
“Brendon! Is that you?!” Somebody called out.
“Yeah Bill! Only me!” Brendon shouted back.
A tall man with shoulder length brown hair came out of a room and up to us.
“Hey. Who’s your friend?” he asked, pointing at me.
“William, this is Stevie. Stevie, this is William.” Brendon introduced us.
“Hi.” I shyly said.
“Hello m’dear. Welcome to our humble abode.” He said fancily.
“Uhh, thanks.” I replied.
He smirked, “I’ll leave you guys alone.” He said, before walking away.
“Don’t mind him. Come on, my rooms upstairs.” He told me, taking my hand and leading me up the marble staircase.
Once upstairs, we walked down a corridor, and made a right at the end of it. Brendon opened the door and stepped inside. It was huge! It had dark wooden floors, with maroon wallpaper. He had a queen size bed situated in the middle of the room, and a desk in front of the window which was at the left hand side.
“Wow, you have a really nice room.” I complimented.
“Thanks. Now did you understand the math homework?” he asked, taking his book out and looking at it like it was diseased.
“Yeah.” I walked towards him and grabbed the book.
“Ok, to get this, you have to add it to this number, and then multiply by that before dividing it into 2.” I started to explain.

A half hour later, we had finished the math and history homework. Brendon was lying on his bed, face up and staring at the ceiling.
“What’s up?” I asked him as I sat on the side of the bed.
“The ceiling.” He smirked.
“Ha-ha, funny.” I replied sarcastically.
“So, do you wanna do anything?” he asked, sitting up and looking at me.
"I don't mind.” I replied.
“Hmm... I can think of something, but you’ll have to let me do it.” He said, moving closer to me.
“O-ok.” I replied shakily.
He smiled, and pressed his lips to mine. Sealing them in an innocent but passionate kiss. He gently held my cheek in his hand, and I put my hands on the back of his neck. When we parted from the kiss, he smiled at me.
“Wow.” I said breathlessly.
“Yeah... Uhh, wanna go for a walk?” he asked me.
“Sure.” I replied.
He grabbed my hand, and we walked out of his room and down the corridor. When we passed a room, the door was open and I peered inside.
“Wow! You’ve got your own library?!” I asked, shocked at the vast amount of books inside.
“Yeah. I take it you like to read?” Brendon asked.
“Yeah, my dad and I always read stories together.” I said, tearing up at the thought.
“Hey, are you ok?” he asked, seeing my eyes sparkle with tears.
“Umm, I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said, quickly running to grab my bag before basically flying out the front door.

“Hey Evie.” Pete said as I walked through the front door to the warehouse.
“Hi. What are you doing up?” I asked. He normally isn’t up until nightfall... I still don’t understand what it is with these guys and nightfall/ darkness. A bit odd if you ask me.
He shrugged, “So where were you? School finished like 2 hours ago.” He said.
“I was at a friend’s house.” I replied, walking past him and up to my room.
I opened my door, and threw my bag to the side of the room. After that, I walked over to my laptop and signed onto msn. I think I owed Brendon an explanation. Luckily he was online.

Redrimmedvamp says: hey
Human iPod says: hey, I’m sorry
Redrimmedvamp says: what for?
Human iPod says: for running out on you
Redrimmedvamp says: it’s ok. Can I ask why you ran?
Human iPod says: I just... my parents died recently and I miss them
Redrimmedvamp says: oh, I’m so sorry
Human iPod says: thanks, but you shouldn’t apologise for something that isn’t your fault
Redrimmedvamp says: are you ok?
Human iPod says: yeah
Redrimmedvamp says: ok then, I’ll see you tomorrow then
Human iPod says: ok, bye Bren xx
Redrimmedvamp says: bye xx
Redrimmedvamp has gone offline

There was a knock at my door.
“Evie?” Pete asked.
“Come in Pete.” I said.
He opened the door and came inside, “Are you ok? It looked as though you’d been crying.” He said to me.
“Yeah. Just memories Pete.” I said.
He nodded and walked towards me, “What happened to your lip?” he asked.
“I bit it too hard. You know when I’m thinking I sometimes bite me lip.” I explained.
He nodded, “How was school?” he asked.
“It was ok. Nothing major.” I replied.
Again, he nodded.
“Pete, can I ask you something?”
“Yeah, sure.” He replied.
“Where do you work? And why are you so pale? You used to be really tanned.” I said.
“Umm, well working nights doesn’t give me much time in the sun so I turned paler.” He told me.
I nodded, “Where do you work?” I asked again.
“Umm, it’s hard to explain. But I look out for certain things and make sure they don’t hurt people.” He said to me.
“Like you check things to make sure they’re safe?” I asked, cocking my head to the side slightly.
“Yeah, kinda. Like I said, it’s hard to explain.” He said again.
“Ok.” I replied.
“We’re ordering pizza. Come downstairs.” He smiled.
“Don’t you have work tonight?” I asked curiously.
“Only if I’m called. Now come on.” He smiled, grabbing my hand and leading me downstairs.
“Hey Stevie.” Andy smiled.
“Hey. What pizza are we getting?” I asked the others.
“Plain ham & cheese for you. And the works for us!” Joe exclaimed happily.
“Piggies.” I teased, poking my tongue out at him.
“Oh that hurt.” He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.
“Well, you guys can have that. Imma go make myself a vegan friendly meal.” Andy said, and walked off towards the kitchen.

The pizza arrived about 20 minutes later, and we sat down and watched a movie whilst eating. Star Wars to be precise. Suddenly, Pete shot up.
“We have to go.” He said hurriedly.
“Pete?! What’s wrong? Are you ok?” I asked worriedly.
“Yeah I’m fine. I just remembered that I have to do something at work, and I need the guys to help me.” He said.
“Umm, ok.” I said.
“Stevie, do me a favour and go to the study.” He said, shoving things into his pocket.
“Why?” I asked.
“Just do it!” he yelled.
I jumped back, frightened at his tone of voice.
“I’m sorry, just... please.” He said softer.
“O-ok.” I said, and walked away to the study.
Pete followed behind me.
“Look Evie, I’m gonna shut the door ok? I just need to know you’re safe. I don’t like leaving you alone.” He said kindly.
“It’s ok.” I replied.
“There’s books, and the computer. And if we don’t get back until late, you can sleep on the couch over there and I’ll help you up to bed ok? I’ve got to go. See you soon.” He said, closing the door behind him.
The study was a fairly big room filled with books, journals and paintings. The computer was on top of a jarrah wood desk at the back of the room. It looked like an old style study. The only modern thing in here was the computer. After skimming through a few books and surfing the net for a while, I grew extremely tired. I lied down on the couch, and covered myself with a nearby blanket. By the time I was asleep, it was just past 11pm.

The next morning, I awoke to the sun streaming through my bedroom window.
‘I fell asleep in the study, what am I doing here? Oh! Pete!’ I thought, pushing the covers off of me and getting up.
I stretched, and made my way into the bathroom to have my shower. After I was clean, I got changed into my uniform and packed my bag. Once I was ready, I made my way downstairs and saw Patrick and Andy sitting on the couch. Patrick had a bruise on his cheek and a small cut above his eyebrow.
“What happened to you?!” I asked worriedly, walking towards him.
“I kinda Uhh, tripped outside. Face plant.” He told me.
“Oh... ok.” I said, and made my way over to the kitchen.
I packed myself some lunch and put it in my bag. I had another hour before school, so I pulled my bag onto my shoulder and said goodbye to the guys. I put in my earphones and began the walk to school.

Once I was up to the sixth song, I thought I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Brendon jogging towards me. I pulled my earphones out.
“I’ve been calling out to you for the last five minutes! I thought you were ignoring me.” He pouted.
I smiled, “Sorry. I was listening to my iPod.” I told him.
“It’s ok.” He smiled leaning in and kissing my lips gently.
I smiled.
“Shall I escort you the rest of the way madam?” he asked in a British accent.
“Why of course you may!” I replied, linking my arm with his, and walking the rest of the way to school.

At lunch time, Brendon and I were sitting underneath the tree out the front of the school.
“So... wanna hang out again today?” he asked hopefully.
“Sure. What do you want to do?” I asked.
“Well, I dunno. Maybe just hang at my place?” he suggested.
“Sounds good.” I smiled.
Just then, the bell rang.
“Dam. What do we have now?” he asked.
“Art.” I smiled.
“Ah! Your favourite subject.” He smiled.
“Yes indeed. Come on, I don’t wanna be late.” I smiled, getting up and slinging my bag over my shoulder.
“Ok, ok.” He said, picking up his own things before we headed to Art.

At the end of the day, I called Patrick.
“Hey Stevie. How are you?” he asked.
“Good. Look, I’m going over to a friend’s house tonight.” I told him.
“Ok. But remember-“
“Be back before dark. Gotcha. Say hey to brother bear upstairs for me.” I told him.
“Will do. Call if you need us.” He said.
“I will. Bye.” I said before hanging up.
Brendon came over and put his arm around my waist.
“Ready to go?” he asked.
“Yep. Lead the way!” I smiled.
He smiled back, before taking his arm from my waist and grabbing my hand.

As we were walking, I noticed Brendon was unusually quiet.
“What’s wrong Bren?” I asked.
“Hmm? Oh, nothing. Just spacing out I guess.” He smiled at me.
“Ok... hey, is William your brother?” I asked curiously.
“No. He’s a good mate though.” He replied.
“Oh. Ok. Is it just you guys in the house?” I asked.
“No, there’s a fair few. I think about... 10 others. 10 or more, I dunno.” He shrugged.
“Where were they yesterday?”
“They Uhh, work nights. So they sleep during the day.” He replied.
“Same with my brother and his friends.” I replied with a smile.
“Really?” he asked curiously, “What do they do?”
“My brother said it was kinda hard to explain. But he looks out for things that might hurt people.” I told Brendon.
He nodded, “Oh look. We’re home.” He smiled.
I smiled back and we walked up to the house and inside. William was standing near the front door talking to another man. He too was tall and skinny, and had short brown hair. He was wearing tailored pants with a suit top and patterned vest.
“Hey guys.” Brendon greeted as we walked through the door.
They both turned to face us.
“Hey Brendon. Who’s this?” the man asked.
“This is Stevie.” He replied.
“Hi Stevie, I’m Ryan.” He smiled at me.
His teeth looked a little... sharp?
“Uhh, hi.” I replied.
“Well guys. Ryan and I here have some work things to attend to in the library.” William told us, and they walked up the stairs to get to the library.
“Let's go for a walk in the woods.” Brendon said to me.
“T-the woods? Are you sure Bren?” I asked nervously.
“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” He smiled.
“Ok.” I agreed, and we walked straight through the house and out the back door.
We continued to walk until we reached a clearing in the middle of the woods. It was beautiful. Trees surrounded the area in a circle, and there was a huge tree stump in the middle.
“Wow. This is... beautiful!” I exclaimed, looking around.
“Yeah. I normally come here to think.” Brendon told me.
We went and sat on the large tree stump.
“Do you mind if I draw?” I asked him.
“Not at all. While you’re drawing, I’ll write.” He said, and we both began what we previously said.
I took out my sketch pad, and pencils I kept in my bag from Art class, and began to draw random bits and pieces. By the time I had finished, it was getting dark.
“Shoot. Bren, I have to get home.” I said, packing up my things and putting them back in my bag.
“Yeah sure. I’ll show you out.” He said, grabbing my hand, plus his things, and leading me out of the woods.

“Stevie! Where have you been?!” Pete asked loudly once I had walked inside.
“I’m sorry. I was drawing and I lost track of time.” I replied.
“You need to keep track of time then. I don’t like it when you’re out so late. I get worried.” He admitted.
“I’m sorry.” I said again.
“It’s alright. Go get changed, we’re having spaghetti for dinner.” He said with a slight smile.
I nodded, and walked upstairs to my room. I got changed into a pair of track pants and a tank top before heading back downstairs. Pete handed me a plate and we sat down with Joe, Andy and Patrick on the couches. We made small talk, and once we were all finished, I helped Pete do the dishes.
“Pete. I miss them.” I said as I put away the last plate.
“I know. I do too.” He replied sadly.
“Why are they gone Pete? Did I do something wrong? Is it my fault?” I started to cry.
Pete took me into a hug and kissed my head, “No. Don’t ever think that. It’s not your fault. You had nothing to do with it.” Pete told me, holding me close.
“If I had gotten home earlier, none of it would have happened.” I cried into his shirt.
“If you had gotten home earlier, something might have happened to you. Then where would I be? I’d be all alone.” Pete said.
“No you wouldn’t. You have the guys. You’re family to each other.” I said, parting from the embrace.
“Yeah, that might be true. But nothing can replace you Evie.” He told me, looking me straight in the eyes.
I smiled and hugged him again, “Thanks Pete.”
“Anytime.” He smiled.

The next few weeks went by quickly. I went over to Brendon’s place after school basically every day. As Brendon and I hung out in his room, I started to think.
‘I didn’t know what we were exactly. I mean, we kissed and that, but he hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend. I’m starting to think that he doesn’t like me in that way, maybe he just gets bored? I dunno.’
I sighed.
“What’s wrong?” Brendon asked me.
“Hmm? Nothing.” I replied.
“Tell me.” He said, sitting up on his bed.
“I’m just thinking about... my parents.” I lied.
“Oh...” he said.
I nodded, “I should get going.” I said, getting up from the bed.
“Ok. I’ll walk you out.” He said, following me downstairs and to the front door.
“Bye.” I smiled.
He leaned in and kissed my tenderly on the lips, “Bye.” He smiled and closed the door.

It took me 10 or so minutes to get home.
“It’s Friday, it’s Friday!” The guys were chanting as I entered the house.
I laughed, “Why is it so good that it’s Friday?” I asked them all.
“Because Transformers is on tonight!” he smiled.
I laughed again, “Ok then.” I smiled, and walked up to my room.
I quickly changed out of my uniform and into my usual track pants and shirt before I headed back downstairs. I joined the guys on the couch to watch the cartoon when Pete jumped up.
“Shit. We have to go.” He said to the guys.
They nodded, and scurried around the house collecting things. This happened regularly. Pete told me they were just going out to do things at work which he had forgotten. Easily believable because Pete constantly forgot things.
“Stevie. Can you get into the study please?” Pete asked.
I nodded, and made my way over to the study and walked inside.
“You know the drill.” He smiled sadly.
“Yeah, I know. Drive safe.” I told him.
“Always do. See you soon Evie.” He smiled, and closed the door.
Alone again in this room. I had read a fair few of the books in here already- what can I say? I’m a fast reader. I grabbed a book I hadn’t read, and settled down on the couch with the blanket.

Once I was halfway through the book, I heard a crash from outside of the study. My heart sped up. Another crash. I quietly got up from the couch and made my way towards the door. If it was the guys there sure as hell were being noisy! And another crash.
“What the hell are they doing?!” I whispered.
Suddenly, everything went quiet... deathly quiet. I heard footsteps approaching the study door. I immediately stepped back, my heart was racing. After hearing somebody or something bang on the door, I rushed over to the couch and hid behind it. I was officially freaked out! Tears started streaming down my face, I was that terrified. The door flew open, and a tall, skinny man walked in. It looked like he was wearing a fancy suit with a bowler hat perched atop his head. He glanced around the room before he focussed on the couch I was behind. He slowly made his way over, and grabbed me before I had the chance to get away.
I screamed, “No! Get off of me! Help!”
No matter how hard I thrashed around or tried to get away, his grip tightened. He held me around my middle tightly, and proceeded to take me out of the study. I saw a face I didn’t expect to see near the door.
“Br-Brendon?” I asked eyes wide upon seeing him.
“Help! Please Bren!” I begged, but he stayed at a distance.
More tears streamed down my face. A cloth was put over my nose, and I fell into a deep sleep

-----------
Pete
-----------

We got home about 4 hours after leaving. The Dandies put up one hell of a fight, but their leader Beckett wasn’t there. He normally likes to watch people, and vampires, suffer. When we pulled up to the warehouse, something didn’t feel right. My senses kicked into overdrive, and I ran inside the house. It was trashed! The couch was thrown, plates were broken, doors kicked down... Stevie!
I ran towards the study and saw that the door had been burst open. I rushed inside and saw no one.
“Evie? Evie?!” I called, but I didn’t get an answer.
“Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!” I muttered, running around the house to try and find her.
She wasn’t here.
“Guys!” I yelled, and they rushed inside and stopped once they saw the damage inflicted upon the place.
“W-where’s Stevie?” Andy asked nervously.
“She’s not here!” I cried out, kicking the chair close to me to the ground.
“What?!” they said in unison.
“They’ve taken her!” I told them.
“Who? Who’s taken her?” Patrick asked.
“The Dandies.”

----------

I woke up in a dark room, lying on the cold ground. When I sat up, I noticed my hands were chained together. After trying to pull them apart, I realised that they were connected to the wall. Tears ran down my face, and onto my clothes. Not long later, a door opened, making light burst through the entire room. I cowered back into the wall in fear.
“Well hello m’dear. Sorry that we couldn’t see each other again in better circumstances.” The voice said.
A very familiar voice.
“W-William?” I asked softly.
He chuckled, “Yes dear. It is I.” He said cockily.
“W-What am I d-doing here?” I asked nervously.
“That’s simple. If I have you, your brother will come.” He told me.
“Leave Pete alone!” I yelled, trying to get out of these chains once again.
“Stop thrashing m’dear. It’s not going to help.” He said to me.
“Please... leave Pete alone. He’s all I have.” I said quietly.
“That’s not true. You have Brendon.” He pointed out.
“I mean my only family. My parents were killed.” I told him.
“Ah yes. Such a good day. It wasn’t very hard to do either.” He said, flicking off some nonexistent dirt from his shirt.
“Y-you killed them? You killed my parents?! Why?!” I asked, crying more now.
“It all comes back to Pete.” He told me and left the room.
‘Pete? Where are you? Please help me!’ I prayed mentally, hoping my big brother would come to my rescue and everything would go back to normal again... if only life were that easy.

I was in that room for what felt like hours before somebody opened the door again. This time, the light did not burst through as much as before, which must mean that it was night time. Once again, somebody walked in, and I cowered away hoping they’d leave me alone. It wasn’t William this time. He was too short.
“Stevie?” they asked quietly.
“B-Brendon?” I asked back just as quiet.
He nodded and came towards me.
“Please let me go Bren.” I begged him.
“I-I can’t. William will kill me.” He replied sadly.
“He killed my parents.” I muttered.
“I know.” He replied.
My head shot up, “You knew?!” I asked him.
“I knew he killed them. I didn’t know they were your parents.” He defended.
“I don’t like it here,” I told him, “I’m scared.”
“I know babe. Shit Bill’s coming. I’ll try and come back soon alright?” he kissed me quickly on the lips before rushing out of the room and closing the door.
Once again I was in darkness. I heard a different set of footsteps coming closer to the door. They stopped for a moment, before walking away.
Please... somebody help me.’ I prayed before drifting off to an uncomfortable sleep.

----------
Pete
----------

It’s been a whole day and counting, and I still couldn’t find her. I grew frustrated and kicked the bed, wincing in pain afterwards.
“Pete?! Come here quick!” Patrick called from the study.
I quickly raced down there, “What? What is it?!” I asked hurriedly.
“I’ve been reading, and they say if you concentrate on somebody hard enough, then you can telepathically communicate with them.” He explained.
“But... how?” I asked.
“Just focus. Sit down, and focus on Stevie. Really focus Pete.” He told me.
I nodded, and sat down on the couch, taking deep breaths and focussing.
Evie?’ I thought.

----------

When I awoke, I was still in the cold, dark room. I tried to get out of them once again, but it only cut up my wrists more.

Evie?’ I heard.
“Pete?” I said out loud, but nobody answered.
Evie? Can you hear me?’ they asked inside my head.
H-how are you doing this?’ I asked him.
It’s hard to explain Evie.’ He said. I could picture him sighing.
Pete...’ he cut me off.
Where are you?’ he asked.
I don’t know!’ I replied, tears streaming down my face.
Can you tell me anything? Your surroundings, people? Anything?’ he asked.
I’m in a cold dark room with no windows. But that’s not going to help. B-but William came in and told me he killed our parents. He killed mum and dad Pete!’ I told him, crying even harder now.
William?! What does he look like? Explain him to me.’ He told me.
He’s tall, 6’3 I think. And he’s skinny with shoulder length, messy brown hair, and talks really cockily sometimes.’ I replied.
Shit.’ He thought.
What? What is it Pete?’ I asked frightened now.
Nothing. It’s ok. I’ll find you Stevie. I promise.’ He assured me.
How can you promise that? I don’t even know where I am!’ I thought frustrated.
We’ll keep trying. Joe, Andy and Patrick are all helping me. We’ll find you.’ He told me.
I let out a sob.
I have to go.’ Pete said suddenly.
No Pete! Don’t go please.’ I begged.
I have to. I’m sorry Evie. I’ll find you, I promise.’ He told me once again.
Please hurry Pete. Tell the guys I miss them.’ I said.
Will do. Stay safe. Love you.
Love you too.” I whispered.
-----

What felt like days passed and I was beginning to feel physically ill. My head was pounding from my tears, and my stomach ached incredibly. I heard the door open, and close quickly. Footsteps came towards me, and I cowered away and used my arms as somewhat shields.
“It’s ok. It’s just me.” They told me.
“Bren?” I asked, putting my arms down.
“Yeah. Are you ok?” he asked, caressing my cheek with his hand.
“N-no. Why am I here Bren? What did I d-do wrong?” I asked, tearing up.
He sighed, “I don’t know. Here, I brought you some water.” He said, handing me a glass which I took gratefully.
I drank the entire thing, “Thank you.” I told him.
I could see him smile in the light, but something else caught my eyes.
“B-Bren, why are your teeth so sharp?” I asked.
He quickly closed his mouth, and as he was about to say something the door flew open.
“What are you doing in here?” William asked.
“I was giving her some water.” Brendon answered, making his way over to William with the now empty glass.
“Fine. Leave.” He said to him.
Brendon nodded, and left the room. William turned to me, and closed the door.
“How are you feeling?” he asked, and crouched in front of me.
“Why do you care?” I shot back.
He smiled, “My dear. Of course I care! I wouldn’t have kept you alive if I didn’t care about you.” He said to me.
“W-What do you mean?” I asked confusedly.
“It’s simple dear. As long as you’re here, your dear brother will come looking for you. That’s all I want.” He told me.
“B-But why?” I asked, fearing for my brother’s safety.
“Just a little bit of fun.” He smirked.
“Please. J-Just leave us alone.” I begged him.
“I don’t think so,” he tapped my nose lightly; “I haven’t even started having fun yet.”
“W-What are you going to d-do?” I asked, eyes widening in fear.
“Nothing,” he got up and walked towards the door, “yet.” He finished, closing the door behind him.
My heart sped up, ‘Yet? Oh God Pete, please find me!’ I hoped.

When I woke up, I was in a room I didn’t recognise... This was weird considering I don’t remember going to sleep. I was laying flat on a bed of some sort in a fairly ok lit room.
“Ah! I see you’re awake.” A voice from the shadows said.
I immediately tensed. I tried to sit up, but found my hands were restrained above my head.
“Don’t thrash dear. Remember what I said. It’s not going to help.” William said, coming towards me and caressing my cheek.
I flinched.
He sighed, “You’re not making this very easy you know?” he asked rhetorically.
He sat on the bed side on, and looked at me, “Now, what I’m going to do to you is going to hurt but don’t move, because if you do, it’ll only make it worse.” He told me.
My heart rate increased, ‘What’s he gonna do to me?!’ I asked myself.
He chuckled, “I never knew I could get a girls heart to beat that fast.” He smirked.
“Now stay still.” He commanded.
He unlocked the clasp on my wrist, and took my arm in his hand. He kissed down it, like he was looking for something. Then, a burst of pain shot through me. He was biting me! But- fangs?! He’s got fangs?! Holy mother fucking shit!
I screamed out in pain, but did not dare to move my arm. I felt lightheaded, and dizzy. Before I knew it, everything went black.

----------
Pete
----------

I felt a burst of pain through my arm. I jumped up, and on closer inspection there appeared to be nothing there, but the pain wouldn’t go away.
Fangs?! He’s got fangs?! Holy mother fucking shit!’ I heard in my head.
Fangs? What- Stevie! Oh my god he’s biting her!’ I thought.
“Patrick!” I yelled out, and 2 seconds later he rushed into my room.
“What, what’s wrong?!” he asked.
“It’s William! He’s biting her! I can feel it! And I could hear what she was thinking. But... I can’t feel anything now... What if she’s dead?!” I asked him hurriedly.
“Can you sense her? Do you have any clue where she could be?” Patrick asked.
“No! For fuck sake! Why couldn’t he just take me instead? She’s a freaking 16 year old kid!” I yelled frustrated.
“Ok, just calm down ok?” Patrick said.
“Fine.” I said, and I breathed in and out deeply.
Suddenly, my senses kicked into overdrive, and I could sense a fight. Dandies.
“Patrick, we have to go. Quickly! I can sense the Dandies.” I exclaimed, rushing up to get the guys.
A minute later, we were all in the car, with all that we needed, and were driving towards where my senses were telling me to go. Once we arrived, we all got out of the car quickly and began to fight. As I quickly glanced over to the others, I saw William on top of a car, with a girl draped over his lap face up. She looked like she was asleep, and he was stroking her hair, and watching the fight. It was Stevie! As soon as his eyes connected with mine he smirked. I staked the nearest vampire before I ran over to William.
“Why hello Peter. Fancy seeing you here.” He smiled, showing off his pearly white fangs.
“Cut the crap Beckett. Hand her over.” I said sternly.
“And miss out on all the fun? I don’t think so.” He replied smugly.
“This is between you & me. Leave Evie out of this.” I said through gritted teeth.
He smirked once again, “She’s beautiful isn’t she?” he continued to stroke her hair, “beauty like this should be preserved forever.” He said, looking me straight in the eyes.
“No. You’ve already bitten her once, I think that’s enough.” I said angrily.
“How did you know I bit her? You felt it didn’t you? I knew turning you would come to my advantages.” He said.
“You turning me was the worst thing you could possibly do, because I’m going to kill you, using all the powers you gave me once you bit me.” I told him threateningly.
He laughed, “I’d like to see you try.”
I moved closer to him, “Nuh uh uh! I’ve still got something that you want. Don’t make me hurt her.” He said, stroking Stevie’s face.
“Don’t touch her!” I exclaimed angrily.
He clicked his fingers and another vampire appeared out of nowhere. He didn’t look like the normal Dandy- evil, malicious and charming. He looked like he didn’t want to be here. Weird.
“Brendon, take Stevie for me.” He ordered.
‘Brendon’ nodded, and took her into his arms, carrying her bridal style. He looked at her lovingly almost. William jumped off of the top of the car, and walked towards me.
“Brendon! Take her away!” he exclaimed, and just like that, Brendon was gone.
“Bastard.” I said through gritted teeth, punching William in the jaw.
He held his jaw, but quickly regained composure, “Now. You didn’t think I’d leave her out here did you? No, she’s got to stay warm... while she can.” He smirked.
“Son of a-” I leapt onto him, and began to punch him ruthlessly.
Patrick, Joe and Andy fought off approaching vampires, so it was just me and William.
I had him pinned to the ground, “Any last words Beckett?” I growled.
He smirked, the blood on his lip glistening in the moonlight, “Goodbye.” He said, and disappeared, causing me to fall to the ground.
I growled in anger, frustration, and pain. The guys ran up to me.
“Where is he? Where’d he go?!” Joe asked, frantically looking around.
“I don’t know.”

----------

When I came to, I could feel myself being carried.
“W-What’s going on?” I asked groggily.
“Shh. It’s ok, just me.” Brendon said to me.
“Bren, I wanna go home.” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and holding on.
A few tears escaped my eyes.
“I know baby.” He sighed, and rubbed my back, before gently placing me onto a bed.
“Where am I?” I asked, looking around frantically, but stopping once my head began to pound.
“Calm down. You’re ok.” He said, sitting next to me on the bed, and gently caressing my cheek.
“Bren, why am I here? And what does this have to do with Pete?” I asked, hoping for an answer.
“Brendon!” William called from downstairs.
“Shit. Stevie, hold on, this is gonna feel weird ok?” he said.
I nodded, and held onto him. In a flash, we were back in the cold, dark room I had been in before. He gave me an apologetic smile. I began to feel tired, so I lied down and closed my eyes.
“Brendon!” William called again.
“In here!” he called back, and seconds later, William walked inside.
“How is she?” he asked.
“She’s tired. Why did you bite her?! You drank too much! You could’ve killed her!” Brendon shouted angrily.
“I stopped didn’t I?” he retorted.
I could tell tears were rolling down my cheeks from fear, but I didn’t dare open my eyes. I sniffed, and opened my eyes slightly, seeing Brendon come towards me.
He crouched down, and wiped my tears, “Just let her go Bill. Please.” He pleaded.
“Not until I get what I want. Now leave Brendon.” He said sternly.
Brendon sighed before getting up and leaving the room. William followed, and closed the door loudly behind him. Once again the room was thrown into darkness.
‘Evie?’ Pete thought to me.
‘Pete?! Please find me. I wanna go home.' I thought to him, beginning to sob.
‘Don’t cry Evie.’ He thought.
‘How do you know I’m crying?’ I asked.
‘I-I don’t know.’ He replied.
My arm started to throb and sting where William had bitten me hours before. I let out a mangled cry of pain.
‘Evie?! Are you ok?’ Pete thought to me worriedly.
‘My arm... it hurts!’ I thought back, gritting my teeth to stop me crying out.
‘Why? What happened?’ he asked.
‘William, he bit me. He’s got fangs Pete! Like a-‘
‘Vampire.’ He finished.
‘How’d you know?’ I thought back.
‘Because I am one.’ He thought to me.
‘What? You’re a vampire?’ I was shocked, this never occurred to me, but now that I think about it, all the signs are there.
‘Yeah... I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. If I did, none of this would have happened.’ He thought to me.
‘Why?’ I was beyond confused right now.
‘William’s the one who turned me. He took you to get to me because I didn’t join his gang. He knows you’re all I have left after he killed mum and dad.’ he thought to me.
‘So, you’re telling me, you’re a vampire, so is William, he turned you but then you didn’t join his ‘gang’ and now he’s kidnapped me to get to you?! Wait... that must mean Brendon’s a vampire!’ I thought to myself more than Pete.
‘How do you know Brendon?’ he asked.
‘How do you know him?’ I asked back.
‘I saw him tonight- but that doesn’t matter. How do you know him Stevie?’ he thought, I could tell he was getting mad.
‘I met him at school. He’s the one I would hang out with after school all the time.’ I thought back to him.
‘Is there anything else between you two?’ he asked.
‘I don’t want to talk about it Pete. I just wanna go home.’ I told him.
‘I know- wait! Where would you go after school?’ he asked.
‘His house.’ I replied.
‘Where is it?’ he asked.
‘It’s the big house about 3 minutes away from school. You know the one atop the big hill near the woods?’ I described.
‘We’re gonna check it out ok? We’re getting ready right now.’ He thought.
‘Ok...’ I thought to him.
‘Ok, I love you Evie. Don’t worry, we’ll find you.’ He assured me.
Part of me believed him, the other didn’t, ‘I love you too Pete. Please hurry.’ I begged.

It was so cold. I curled my knees into my chest and wrapped my arms around them to try and keep warm, but it wasn’t helping. My teeth chattered against one another and my whole body shook. Footsteps came towards the door and a second later, it opened. Brendon was standing there with something in his hands. He walked over to me, and wrapped it around my shoulders. It was a blanket.
“T-Thank you.” I said, teeth still chattering slightly.
“Are you ok?” Brendon asked, now sitting beside me.
“How c-can you not be c-cold?” I asked, holding the blanket tightly around myself.
“I just can’t feel it.” He shrugged.
William appeared out of nowhere, “Keeping our guest warm I see. How very chivalrous of you.” He smirked.
Brendon stayed where he was and just looked at William.
“Bring her upstairs.” He said, before disappearing.
“I don’t know what he’s up to, I swear.” Brendon said upon seeing my eyes widen.
“Come on, I’ll help you up.” He said to me.
I nodded, and he helped me get up. I was feeling kinda weak, so Brendon took me in his arms, and a second later, we were upstairs.
“Well done. Come on now, follow me.” William said, and walked into a room on the right side of the corridor.
Brendon carried me inside. It was a huge bathroom, and in the middle was a large tub filled with water and bubbles.
“Help her in the bath Brendon. There are some clothes on the vanity; I’ll give you 20 minutes.” He said, before disappearing.
Brendon carefully helped me place my feet on the ground, “I’ll turn around and you can get in the bath.” He said before turning around and focussing on the wall.
I stripped off, and got in the bath quickly and covered myself with the bubbles. It was lovely and warm. It stopped my teeth chattering and my body shaking instantly.
“Are you in?” Brendon asked, still focussed on the wall.
“Y-yeah.” I replied making sure I was still covered.
Brendon turned around and handed me a cloth and soap before turning around once again. I quickly washed myself.
“Done.” I said quietly.
Brendon then grabbed a huge towel and handed it to me. I took it, and quickly stood up, wrapping it around myself, before he could see anything. Sharing a bathroom with 4 guys does pay off. He then carefully helped me out of the tub, and handed me the clothes that were placed on the vanity. As I looked at the clothes, I realised it was a knee length strapless maroon dress.
‘I am not wearing that!’ I thought.
I don’t like revealing clothing. I looked around the ground for my clothes but I realised they were no longer there.
“W-Where are my clothes?” I asked Brendon, keeping the towel clutched to myself.
“Why?” he asked, turning around and looking at me.
“I-it’s too revealing.” I said quietly.
“Don't worry about it. Just put it on.” He said with a small smile and turned back around.
I quickly pulled on the undergarments, and dress. I needed to zip up the back, but couldn’t reach.
“Bren? Could you uhh, zip it up?” I asked, cheeks turning red.
He turned around, and zipped it up for me. His fingers brushing against my skin made me shiver.
“T-Thanks.” I stuttered.
“My, my, my. Don’t you look lovely?” A voice said from the doorway.
I turned around and saw William leaning against the door frame smirking at me.
I shivered.
“Come on now dear, time to go.” He said, walking forwards and taking my hand.
As we were walking out of the bathroom I looked back at Brendon with fear in my eyes. He was walking slowly behind us. A minute or less later, William led me into a big dining hall where there were about 10 others seated on the chairs surrounding the long table. Their heads all darted in our direction. They were all pale and hungry looking. My heart sped up, they all scared me. Their eyes followed me as William led me to a chair to sit in, which I did. William sat at the head of the table, and I sat to the left of him, and Brendon sat beside me. A minute later, all these people came out and placed plates full of food in front of everyone except me... not that I minded, I think I might have thrown it up. They all ate contently, talking among each other and smiling. I came to realise every single person, aside from me, was a vampire. I shivered involuntarily at the thought. Brendon saw this, and draped his jacket around me.
“Thank you.” I said quietly.
Everybody turned and faced me after I talked. My face grew red, and I slunk down in my seat, looking down.
“How rude of me! Gentlemen, this is Stevie Wentz.” He told everybody.
Upon hearing my last name they smirked.
“She’ll be staying with us for a while.” William continued.
“Why? Why am I staying here?” I asked William, with new found confidence.
His eyes narrowed and everybody was looking between the two of us.
“Brendon,” he said through gritted teeth, “Take her to Mike.”
‘Mike? Who’s Mike?’ I thought.
Brendon looked nervous, scared even.
‘I take it Mike’s not a good thing.’
Brendon then nodded glumly, helping me up by the arm, and walking me out of the room.
“Bren, who’s Mike?” I asked, now scared.
He sighed, “Why couldn’t you have just not spoken?” he asked rhetorically.
“I’m sorry.” I told him.
“No Stevie. I’m sorry.” He looked at me with sad eyes, before knocking on the door we now stood outside of.
The door opened quickly, showing a rather angry looking man.
“What?!” he snapped.
Brendon then stared at the man, and the man stared back. Then Brendon looked over to me, and the man’s head followed before his face turned into a smirk. They must have been communicating telepathically like Pete and I.
“Thank you Brendon. You can go now.” The man smirked as he looked at me.
Brendon shot me an apologetic look, before walking back to the dining room. The man then grabbed my arm, pulled me into the room and closed the door.
“As you probably already know, I am Mike.” He introduced.
I nodded, and kept my head down.
“You will look at me when I am speaking to you.” He said angrily.
I nervously brought up my head and looked at him. His eyes flickered red, and I assumed that wasn’t a good thing. I was right, because the next thing I know, I’m falling onto the ground in pain because a fist came out and hit me in my jaw.
“Get up!” he growled.
I got up shakily, and looked at him once again.
“This is going to be fun.” He said before raising another fist again.
‘Oh god...’

I awoke in the cold and dark room again. My face, arms, legs, everywhere was bruised. I could feel that my eye was partly swollen. It hurt to breathe in and out from all the punches I received in the stomach. It felt like my ribs were poking into my lungs... though I don’t know if that’s possible or not. I carefully tried to sit up, but the pain was so immense, I had to lie back down. I lied on my back and wrapped my arms around myself in order to keep a fraction of body heat. Tears streamed down my face, over the bruises and the cuts, until they slipped across my lips, leaving a salty taste to them. My body was aching immensely, and I passed out.

----------
Pete
----------

It felt like I was getting the shit beaten out of me. A blow to the face, stomach, legs, everything! I didn’t know why I was feeling like this until I realised something... Stevie. For some reason, I could feel most of the pain that she went through. I don’t know why though. Even Patrick and his superior intellect can’t give me an answer. My entire body was aching and then nothing.
‘She must have passed out!’ I thought worriedly.
The guys were rounding up the last items before we headed to the house that Stevie described. It’s fairly likely that she’d be there, I mean, we’ve never taken her there so William probably thinks we don’t know he lives there, which means he doesn’t know me and Stevie can communicate telepathically- which is a good thing, because he’d probably kill her if he found out!
‘Stop thinking like that! She’ll be fine!’ I scolded myself.
“Pete! We’re ready, come on let’s go!” Andy shouted from downstairs.
I left the confine of my room and made my way down the stairs and towards the guys.
“Don’t worry Pete. We’ll find her.” Joe said, putting his hand on my shoulder comfortingly.
I weakly smiled, and we all made our way to the car.

It wasn’t a long drive, but it took a little while to find the house Stevie had described to me. But once we found it, I knew the Dandies were there. I could sense them. I didn’t know about Stevie though, I couldn’t sense humans. We parked the car away from the house slightly before we got out and made our way up there.
I looked to the guys, “Kill any Dandy you see except for William and Brendon. The rest are fair game.” I told them.
They all nodded, and we made our way around the house. We checked it out from a distance, making plans for the entry, rescue and escape. And the little things in between. This was it.
‘I’m coming Evie.’

----------

I heard the door close, and somebody picked me up into their arms. They laid me in their lap face up, and stroked my face. I opened my eyes.
“Stevie? Oh god!" Brendon said, a few tears rolling down his cheeks.
“It hurts Bren.” I said quietly, it hurt to talk.
“I know baby.” He continued to stroke my face and hair.
He must have held me for a long time, because the door burst open and William ran inside.
“They’re here.” He said.
A crash was heard upstairs, followed by shouts, yelps, and more crashes.
“Get her out of here.” He said, before leaving the room and closing the door.
“Stevie? Can you get up?” Brendon asked me softly.
I tried getting up, but it hurt too much. I cried out in pain and fell back down.
Brendon quickly scooped me up into his arms, “Ready?” he asked me.
I nodded, and we disappeared from the room and into the forest in the clearing we went to a while ago.
Brendon laid me down on the tree stump before disappearing, and re-appearing with a blanket and pillow. He placed my head on the pillow, and wrapped the blanket around me.
“Why do you keep doing this?” I asked softly.
“Because I care about you.” He replied, caressing the side of my face.
I coughed and instantly held my sides. Tears started to trickle down my cheeks.
“Oww!” I complained hoping for the pain to subside.
‘Evie?!’ Pete thought to me.
‘Yeah?’ I thought back.
‘Where are you? We’re in the house you described.’ He told me.
‘I’m outside in the woods in the clearing. Bren’s with me. If you find me, leave him alone.’ I replied.
‘Why?’
Because I don’t want you to hurt him.’ I replied.
‘Fine. Joe’s coming out. I’ll be there soon.’ He thought back.
Brendon sat beside me on the tree stump and continued to stroke my hair. Not long later, we heard rustling in the trees. I started to shake, and Brendon got up as if to protect me.
“Stevie?!” Joe yelled in the distance.
I couldn’t yell back, it hurt too much.
“Over here!” Brendon yelled after seeing my pained expression.
He turned to me quickly and I gave him a small smile. Joe came into the clearing not long after, and immediately took me into his arms. I cried out in pain and he immediately put me down.
“What? What happened to you?!” he asked, seeing the bruises upon my face and arms.
“Mike.” I said, clutching my sides.
“We need to get you to a hospital.” Joe said to me, continuing to eye the bruises.
There were more rustles in the trees and a growl. I whimpered and Joe and Brendon moved closer to me. William and Pete burst through the clearing, fighting each other brutally. Patrick and Andy then came through, trying to help Pete. I was now shaking in fear of what may happen. Suddenly, there was a God awful scream. I looked over, and saw William with a wooden stake protruding out of his chest. The blood! Mum! Dad!
I passed out.

----------
Brendon
----------

Pete had staked William in the heart, and a second later, he turned to dust.
‘I’m free!’ I thought.
I looked over to Stevie with a smile on my face but realised she had passed out. I quickly ran over to her, trying to wake her up. Pete must’ve seen my actions because he appeared at her side also.
“She’s passed out. We need to get her to a hospital.” I told him.
Pete nodded, and we both carefully picked her up and made our way out of the clearing.
“I’ll take her and meet you there.” I told him.
“Why should I trust you?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Stevie does.” I replied.
His face softened and he nodded his head. I closed my eyes, and a second later, we arrived out the front of the hospital. I quickly ran inside of the ER and up to the front desk.
“Please help me. She got beaten up really bad and she passed out!” I explained.
The nurse nodded, and a gurney quickly arrived. They placed her on the bed and wheeled her away. The same nurse came over to me and handed me some forms attached to a clip board, asking me to fill them out. I nodded, and filled out what I could. The rest I’d leave for Pete.

10 minutes later, Pete and the other guys ran in and scanned the room. Upon seeing me, they all ran over.
“Where is she? Is she alright?” Pete asked.
“I don’t know. Here, the nurse wants these filled out.” I said, handing Pete the clipboard.
He nodded, took the clipboard and hurriedly filled in the forms. Once he was done, the nurse came over and collected them. We all sat in the cheap, plastic chairs awaiting news on Stevie’s condition.
Hours seemed to go by.
“So... Who are you?” Pete asked me.
“I’m Brendon.” I replied.
“I know that, but... who are you? What were you doing there?” he asked.
“I didn’t have anywhere else to go,” I replied, “all my family is dead, and I was living on the streets. William took me in and turned me.” I told them.
“Then how can you go out in the sun?” Patrick asked me.
“Because I was turned during the day, out in the sunlight.” I replied.
He nodded, and went back to staring at his hands.
“What’s the deal with you and Stevie? She told me not to hurt you.” Pete told me.
“What? When? How?” I asked confused.
“I talked to her through telepathic brain waves.” He replied.
I nodded in understanding, “We’re kinda... I dunno. “I scratched my head.
I realised I had never talked to her about us. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the nurse’s squeaky shoes approaching us. I immediately brought my head up and looked at her.
“Are you all here for Miss Wentz?” she asked and we all nodded.
“You can see her now. The doctor is waiting for you.” She said, and gestured for us to follow her.
We all got up, and made our way down a couple of corridors and to room 2202. She opened the door, and we saw Stevie asleep on the bed with a doctor writing something down beside her. He turned around and looked at us.
“Hello. Stevie has suffered a few broken ribs and a few cuts and bruises but that’s it. She’ll need to take it easy because we can’t do anything about her broken ribs. I’ve prescribed some painkillers for the pain and I also recommend bed rest for at least a week or so.” He explained to us.
“So she’s going to be ok?” Pete asked.
“She has lost a lot of blood, but we couldn’t seem to find the outlet. Also, she was dehydrated and mal- nourished. Do you have any idea why?” the doctor asked us.
We all looked at each other and shrugged.
“Well, we’ve given her a blood transfusion and she’s on an IV drip. She should wake up soon.” He said with a slight smile before leaving the room.
Pete immediately rushed over to her side, pulling a chair up, sitting down and taking her hand in his. The other guys followed suit and sat in chairs around the room. I stayed standing and just looked at her. Her skin was pale against the white bed sheets and walls, her long brown hair stuck together in places on the pillow. William shouldn’t have put her through this; I should have saved her and faced the consequences. I looked down at my shoes. I hated myself, I wished I wasn’t so cowardly and saved her. I could have stopped her going through all of this.

----------

I felt something in my arm as I came to. My eyes flickered open, but I closed them quickly due to the brightness of the room. Once my eyes had adjusted, I opened them fully, and blinked a bit. Patrick, Joe and Andy were all asleep in chairs to the right of me, and Pete was next to me holding my hand.
“Pete?” I said quietly, moving my hand around to wake him.
He instantly awoke and looked straight at me, tears shone in his eyes and he smiled.
“I was so worried about you Evie.” He told me.
“I missed you Petey.” I told him, using the nickname I had only used when I was about 5.
He smiled even wider, “I missed you too Evie. So much.” He replied.
Suddenly a thought went off in my head, “Brendon. Where’s Brendon?” I asked.
“I’m here.” A voice said from the shadows.
They stepped out, and I saw Brendon, dressed in his skinny jeans and ‘Queen’ shirt, smiling at me.
“Hi.” I said to him.
Pete got up, and ushered the others out of the room.
“Hey.” He said, taking Pete’s previous seat.
“Thank you.” I said to him.
“For what?” he was genuinely confused.
“Saving me. If it wasn’t for you, I’d be dead.” I said honestly.
“That’s not true.”
“Yes it is! You brought me water, you kept me warm, you-you saved me Bren.” I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.
He quickly wiped it away, “I didn’t want any of this to happen Stevie. Please don’t hate me. I tried to get William to let you go, I tried so hard!” he told me.
“I don’t hate you.” I told him.
“I don’t care if you do- no. That’s a lie. I would care, but that’s your decision.” He rambled.
“Remember that note we passed in class?” I asked.
“After I bit you lip yeah.” He blushed.
“I told you I could never hate you. I meant that.” I told him.
“I love you Stevie. More than you could possibly know.” He told me, looking me straight in the eyes.
“I love you too Brendon.” I replied.
He leant forward and sealed our lips in a loving, but gentle kiss.

The End.

[A/N... again! Hmm, sequel? Dunno! Read & Review and tell me if you liked it! Thanks guys! Virtual Hugs all round :) /]
Sign up to rate and review this story