Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Must Reinvent Love

When The Moon Fell In Love With The Sun

by Music_Is_Love 0 reviews

Ryan tells Sarah how he feels.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-05-17 - Updated: 2008-05-17 - 630 words

0Unrated
Two and a half hours later, they sat on the couch, fresh bowls of popcorn in their hands, a half empty bottle of vodka on the coffee table, laughing. They weren’t drunk, but they were feeling pretty good.

“Wait, wai-wait,” she stuttered, “that’s not even the best part. Not only does this drunk idiot get caught with a fake ID, the guy was over age, but he took his son’s wallet on accident.”

Ryan laughed so hard he thought his sides might burst. He sighed, laying his head back on the armrest.

“Oh, my god,” he coughed, “you have the funniest stories, ever. Hand’s down.”

“Of course I do.”

He smiled, then thought for a second.

“Hey, Sarah, you like me, right?”

“Of course I do, Ry.” She smiled, “Why do you ask?”

“Well, I have something really important I think I should tell you.”

“Okay… go for it.”

“Alright, well. You know Brendon and Spencer, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, we’re all kind of in a band.” He told her nervously.

“Oh, cool. What kind of band?” She asked, stretching.

“A semi-famous one.”

She laughed.

“Shut up Ryan.”

“No, I’m serious. We just recorded our first album. We’re on Fueled by Ramen
records. We recorded with Fall Out Boy…”

She stared at him for a second.

“You’re not joking, are you?”

“No.” He watched her expression hopefully and was happy when she shrugged.

“Cool.”

She picked up a piece of popcorn.

“So that’s why you’re so… wealthy.” She giggled and he nodded.

“Yeah.” And the discussion was over. She tossed the popcorn up in the air, trying to
catch it in her mouth, but missed.

“Hey, hey Ry. Open your mouth.”

He obeyed and she tossed a piece at him.

“Ow!” he cried, lifting his hand to his face, “you got me in the eye.”

She giggled, but sat up.

“Are you okay?”

“You got butter in my eye.” He half laughed. She crawled over his lap.

“Lemme see.” She moved his hand, leaning in close to look. He blinked a few times,
washing the tears that blurred his vision away, so all he could see was her face,
inches from his.

“Can you see good?” she asked. He’d never been so close to her face for so long
before and it made his skin tingle. Her breath smelled like popcorn, with a hint of natural peppermint, and he closed his eyes lightly as he felt butterflies moving through his lower stomach.

“Ry?”

“What?” His eyes snapped open and she frowned.

“I asked if you could see good. Are you fallin’ asleep on me here?”

“Nah.”

She grinned.

“Good. So, you can see.”

“Yes.”

“Good.” She repeated, moving away from him.

“Hey, let’s watch a movie. I got The Wizard of Oz.”

He laughed.

“Okay.”

She got up, popping the DVD in, and shut out the lamp. She placed her bowl of popcorn on the table and walked back over to the couch. She took a blanket she’d placed there before from behind the couch, wrapping it around her shoulders.

“I’m gonna lie on you, kay?”

Before he could even respond, she was situating herself on top of him, wrapping the blanket around them, resting her head on his chest . He tried to ignore the urgent signals his body was sending him and focussed on the movie intently.

The credits rolled down the screen, the white lettering the only light in the room. Sarah had fallen asleep half-an-hour into the movie, but Ryan couldn’t. He had too many thoughts raging through his mind, and the only one that made any sense was the one scrambling the others and making them impossible to understand.

I love her.
Sign up to rate and review this story