Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH92 - The Birth Of Anne

by GuardianOfLight 3 reviews

Continuing Introductions

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Snape - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-05-17 - Updated: 2008-05-17 - 2060 words

5Funny
Chapter 92 - The Birth Of Anne

Dimension: 563 - Earth

New Information Received....Dimensional Temporal Correction Data.

Dimension 165 - Earth has merged with Dimension 563 - Earth

New Dimensional Definition....1375 - Earth

Dimension: 1375 - Earth
Date: 4th October 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Hospital Wing
Time: Late Morning


"Continuing on." Dumbledore continued "We have introduced ourselves, would you care to do the same?"

"Of course." Giles began "My name is Rupert Giles, I am Buffy's," his eye's flickered between the two of them) "Watcher, this is Alexander Harris a Construction Worker."

"Xander." he corrected.

"Anya Emerson also known as Anyanka a Vengeance Demon,"

Snape and the same group as before raised their wands, but this time Buffy one also looked up sharply.

"Here we go again." mumbled Dawn.

"When did you become a demon again?" Buffy asked.

"Xander left me at the altar." Anya answered with a scowl at Xander.

"You were getting married!" Buffy one exclaimed "God, how much did I miss during my not-a-death?"

The total lack of concern on most of the assembled group's faces had caused most of the wand aiming party to lower their weapons, only Snape still had his up.

"Not much." Anya began "Sunnydale overrun by demon's, the Buffybot getting repaired then ripped apart, your resurrection, the big sing a long, Amy the not a rat, Willow the Magic Junky, Riley the married, my not-a-wedding, Giles leaving, Giles coming back, the other you becoming a mental case,"

Willow was holding her breath, she was praying Anya wouldn't mention her little destroy the world moment.

"Warren, Jonathan and what's his name, the other one."

"Andrew." Buffy two supplied.

"Right, them attempting and failing to take over Sunnydale by turning you, the other you invisible, making you go through time loops and other assorted madness and two of them getting caught."

You could have heard a pin drop, Willow let out a sigh of relief which unfortunately got Anya's attention.

"And you and Tara getting shot, dieing and coming back to life,"

Willow squeezed her eyes shut.

Please don't say it, pleeeaasssee.


"And finally Willow killing Warren, starting an apocalypse and trying to destroy the world."

The words ‘you could hear a pin drop' did not even describe the lack of sound, this was another anti-sound moment.

Buffy one attempted to speak.

"You....you....you tried....tried to....des....destroy....the world?"

Willow gave a nervous grin.

"I've repented." she said embarrassed.

"Why?"

"She thought I was dead." Tara said from her sitting position on Adam's bed, the Hogwarts group and Buffy one spun around.

"What?" Buffy said again

"Like Anya said....Warren shot me and the other you....Willow brought the other you back from the brink....I...." she began to falter "....I died....Apparently the magic's that I got from Adam when we conducted The Right brought me back to life." she turned to Adam "Why....why did your magic come to me?"

Adam turned to her with a large smile.

"It came to the person I trusted the most."

Tara blushed, he trusted her with his magic.

"How powerful is your magic?" asked Ron.

"You already know, you have seen the power Hermione had, that is the best comparison I can give you, in reality Hermione had more than Tara simply because she had my staff, though Tara was more powerful to begin with."

This caused Hermione to remember that she still had her staff, HIS....his staff in her hand.

"Oh, sorry I forgot." she said withdrawing his disk and handing it and his staff to him "These are yours."

He slowly leaned over and took them; a white light engulfed his body, presumably emanating from the staff as his hands closed around them.

When the light died down he looked a lot better than he had done, his skin was no longer pealing and had scabbed over, as had all the cuts.

"That feels better."

"Extraordinary." Giles commented "Anyway this is Spike as you already know, also called William The Bloody, this is Buffy's sister Dawn."

Hermione's eye's snapped to Dawn.

"You're The Key?"

All the Scoobies weapons snapped up and Dawn was pushed back behind Giles, Buffy two and Spike who had almost been forgotten about he was so still.

Buffy one immediately moved forward.

"Hey guys it's ok, it's ok, Adam told them about Dawn."

Their eyes flickered to Adam.

"It was necessary to explain how we came to be here." Adam continued "And these people are going to tell no one. May I also suggest that we stop raising weapons every time someone says something that could be potentially dangerous, everyone in this room is on the same side."

Draco and some of the Gryffindor's exchanged looks as did Xander and Spike.

Willow and Tara were the first to lower their arms, dissipating the magic they had been gathering, the other Scoobies did the same with their weapons though considerably slower.

"Continuing on, this is Willow Rosenberg and Tara Maclay who are both Wicca's"

No one in the room had ever seen Hermione move so fast; she sat up in the bed so quickly that Ron sitting next to her almost toppled out of his seat.

"You're Wicca's!!" she said a bit too loudly.

She wasn't the only one reacting to this news though; the entire Hogwarts group except Adam, Buffy, Ron and Harry had also turned their heads to look at one of the witches.

"So that's what you meant when you said your witches and wizards don't use wands."

Willow and Tara were looking confused.

"What's so special about Wiccan magic?" asked Willow.

"The knowledge of Wiccan magic was lost in this dimension millennia ago." Hermione explained.

"Or it had until the merger." Added Adam.

"Oh." Willow responded "Well maybe we could teach you some."

"Really?" Hermione looked like Christmas had come early, which earned smiles from all that knew her.

"Yeah, you could be floating pencils by the end of the week.... without wands that is."

"And last but by no means least," Giles tried again "Buffy Anne Summers the Vampire Slayer, but I guess you may already know that."

"Ours is technically Professor Buffy Anne Summers, Muggle Defence Instructor and the Witch who is a Vampire Slayer without the Slayer strength." Added Adam.

Most of the Scoobies looked at Buffy as if they had just gone off their rockers.

"You're a Professor?"

"You're a Witch?"

"You actually know how to teach?"

"Hey!!" Buffy exclaimed at the last one, aiming a glare at Xander, the source of the last remark.

"She's very good." Contributed Hermione "Really, we're learning lots from Buffy and Adam."

"Oh yeah?" said Spike doubtfully from his position back leaning against the wall.

"Yeah!" countered Ginny standing up.

Spike raised his eyebrows at her and stalked towards her, as the others moved to intervene Adam sent them subtle gestures telling them to do nothing, this was going to be good.

"Come on then ‘Little Red'," he taunted as he reached her and threw a couple of light punches her way "Show me what you've OOOWWWW!! AARRGGHH!!!!"

The previous exclamations had been caused by Ginny's determination to prove that Buffy was a good teacher and Spike seriously underestimating Buffy's skills at teaching unarmed combat.

Ginny had dodged the weak punches he threw her way by ducking left then right (an easy task as they were not meant to collide), before punching him in the gut with a lot more force than he expected causing him to double over followed by a hit to the back with her elbow making him land on the floor in a heap of humiliation.

Most of the assembled company were doing their best not to laugh, except Xander who was making no effort to hide his amusement.

"The great William the Bloody bested by a teenager."

"Watch it whelp." Snarled Spike as he jumped back to his feet, trying to salvage what he could of his pride.

"Or what?" he countered sniggering "You try anything I'll set the girl on you."

Ginny was thinking at this point that it was just as well that the vampire did underestimate her as that attack had used up most of her repertoire of moves.

"Getting back to the point," interrupted Buffy one "How exactly are we going to solve the problem of the two me's, as much as I like having both me's around it may get a bit confusing."

"Can we stop with all the pronouns?" Pleaded Xander rubbing his head. "It's seriously destroying my mind."

"I think I may have the solution to the problem," Dumbledore began, all eyes turned to him, including Snape's, even he was curious to know what the Headmaster had thought up this time.

"I would have thought it was obvious," they all continued to look on in ignorance, although some looked more ignorant than others "One of you changes your name."

Some of the assembled group smiled as he spoke.

Of course, it is so simple, why had they not thought of it.

"Ok but which one?" asked Xander "I mean how do we decide?"

"I think our Buffy would be the more likely choice." said Adam.

"Yeah," nodded the other one "It would make sense, she's not me anymore, she's changed, she doesn't have my Slayer strength and she can do the Magic thing."

"You can actually do magic?" Giles asked, bringing the subject back up again.

"Yeah, apparently all Slayers are Witches but Slayer strength covers it up and it's only since I lost my slay girl strength I can do magic."

She withdrew her wand and pointed it at Spike.

"Hey Slayer," said the suddenly nervous vampire "What are you....?

"Wingardium Leviosa."

Spike tried to jump out of the way but the spell caught him mid leap.

"What the!! Put me down you wand waving maniac!!"

Most of the Scoobies were staring shocked or clapping excitedly.

"Way to go Buffy!" applauded Willow "Can you turn him over?"

"Slayer, don't you daOOWWW!!"

He was cut off when Buffy spun him around a bit too fast and his head collided with the ground.

"Do it again!!" smiled Anya.

"Don't bloody do it again!!!"

"As entertaining as this is," sighed Giles rubbing his glasses "Shouldn't we continue with the discussion?"

"You are quiet correct Mr Giles," agreed Dumbledore "Back to the subject at hand."

The Buffy's moaned in disappointment, before Buffy one spoke up.

"Anyway, why do I have to be the one that changes names, she's the one that has died twice, I've only died once, I'm the original."

"You're the one from another dimension with all the magic's." Countered Buffy two "I still have all the Slayer goodies.

"I'm older than you."

"Only by a few weeks, I know my friends better than you."

"MY friends, and that's only because I was sent to another dimension while you had a few weeks of sleep."

"Stop!! Stop!!" shouted Xander, bravely stepping in between the two Buffy's who had been walking towards each other since the start of the argument "Chill out girls."

Both the Buffy's glared at each other before the conversation continued.

"Right back to the choice at hand," tired Dumbledore "As for...."

"Anyway what name would she take?" Buffy one interrupted.

The other Buffy tried to argue back but Giles got their first.

"I thought your middle name would be the most obvious choice, that way you," looking to Buffy two "Would be Buffy Anne Summers and you," turning back to Buffy one "Would be Anne Buffy Summers."

"So you would both be Buffy but in a different order." Continued Willow.

"Precisely." Agreed Giles "That way you are not really giving up your name and it also protects Anne as the Slayer without the strength from vampires and demons who want to kill the legendary Buffy as even though she has got magic, without her strength she is vulnerable if a demon manages to get close to you."

"I still don't like it." Buffy one (Anne) protested.

"That's settled then." Smiled Buffy two (Buffy) before turning to her dark haired sister "Hey Dawn," she smiled "You get to have two of me around."

"Great." She groaned.


AUTHOR NOTE: Sorry it took so long, this is another chapter I am not overly happy with but I hope you enjoy it.
Sign up to rate and review this story