Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Deadlines and Disasters

Deadlines and Disasters

by KittenCeez 0 reviews

Yuki’s deadline looms as a little disaster befalls the novelist.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Shuichi,Yuki - Published: 2008-01-08 - Updated: 2008-01-08 - 5704 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deadlines and Disasters


Summary: Yuki’s deadline looms as a little disaster befalls the novelist.

Disclaimer: I own no rights to anything Gravitation, though I wish I did. But I just have to live with my ever increasing Gravitation collection.

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: Mild language

A/N: Hello FicWad! Thank you for reading my story about my favourite couple. I love writing about their relationship growing and hope you enjoy my work. This is simply a one shot, nothing else to it. Read, enjoy, review.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuki was on edge. He sat at his desk fiercely typing away at his latest novel. His deadline was less than eight hours away and he still had five chapters to write, reread and edit. He had wasted the whole of the prior week ignoring the novel and a particularly difficult chapter. Now that he had finally gotten through that forsaken chapter, he had a lot of catching up to do before Mizuki came pounding on his door in just under eight hours time and the damn woman was never late. Can’t she be late just once?

Yuki was annoyed. He was annoyed with himself that he had not used that week to write as the bane of his concentration was away on a mini-tour in Osaka. He loved Shuichi, he really did, but the brat was hell on his concentration levels. If Yuki wasn’t distracted by Shuichi’s loud and noisy antics, he was distracted by the kid’s general presence in ways that left him very satisfied and Shuichi slightly limping after. Heaven forbid if the kid was actually silent. There was a big difference between Shuichi being silent upon Yuki’s vicious and threatening request and Shuichi being silent of his own accord. The latter was dangerous.

Yuki was frustrated. He was frustrated with the fact that he was behind on his novel, again, and that it was his own damn fault this time meaning he could not blame it on the brat. Speaking of the brat, Yuki had not had any form of sex in the last twelve days.

Yuki was pissed off. He had not had any form of sex in the last twelve days! TWELVE DAYS! Hadn’t he told that brat not to leave him ever again? Hadn’t he told Shuichi that he found it inconvenient when he didn’t have a hole to fuck? Yuki unconsciously crossed his legs and folded his arms in a huff. Besides, Shuichi would be home shortly…but Yuki still had a week’s worth of novel work to do in eight hours time before he could take advantage of Shuichi’s return.

Yuki glanced at the clock on this computer screen. ‘Shit!’ He had just wasted another ten minutes mulling over his sexual misfortunes. ‘Damn it!’ Sulkily, Yuki got back to his writing.

Yuki was just a couple of pages away from finishing the twenty-ninth chapter of his thirty-chapter novel when the apartment door opened with a bang and an exhausted Shuichi stumbled into their home with a weary, “Tadaima…”

Yuki heard Shuichi drop his bags in the doorway and took a long drag of his cigarette before he yelled at him to pick up his stuff. However, he didn’t get the chance to yell at Shuichi as the pink haired fluff ball was already glomping him where he sat after an energised and almighty “EIRI!” filled the apartment. The brat’s fluctuating energy levels were a force to be reckoned with.

“I missed you so much!” Shuichi vibrantly exclaimed as he squeezed the air out of Yuki’s body. Shuichi had already seen Yuki’s annoyed scowl, but he didn’t relent; all he wanted to do was hug and kiss his lover hello before he’d get out of Yuki’s hair so he could get back to writing.

Yuki had his cigarette between his fingers and kept his free hand gripped on to the arm of his chair. If he didn’t, that hand would be all over Shuichi’s body with a mind of its own and Yuki would never finish his novel, “Shuichi…” Yuki said warningly.

Shuichi lifted his head from Yuki’s chest and placed his hands on Yuki’s shoulders, “I know, I know, you’re working.” Shuichi leant in towards Yuki with a tender look in his eyes, “Just let me have one minute,” he said before capturing Yuki’s lips.

Yuki quickly gave in when he felt Shuichi’s soft lips on his and quickly deepened the kiss letting his hand latch onto the small of Shuichi’s back to pull his younger lover up against his chest. Shuichi happily wrapped his arms around Yuki’s neck and shoulders but forced his moan back down to the pit of his stomach at the sensation of Yuki’s hard, muscular chest against his. Shuichi wasn’t going let himself get excited because the sooner Yuki finished this novel the sooner he had Yuki all to himself.

Then Shuichi had a realisation. He pulled back from Yuki’s lips, “Eiri, I thought you were supposed to have finished this novel by now?”

Yuki grumbled, “I was. I had some difficulty with one of my chapters…that’s all,” he admitted indignantly.

Shuichi nodded his head in understanding, “I see…and when is Mizuki coming for the manuscript?”

Yuki’s golden eyes flicked up to Shuichi’s bright purple eyes showing annoyance, “4:30.”

Shuichi sat back on Yuki’s legs and glanced at the watch on his wrist showing 2:47pm, “Oh! Soon then!”

Yuki nodded, “Yep. Now scram, I still have a lot to do…and you need a shower!”

Shuichi straightened his back in defence, “I had one this morning before I left for home! I am clean!”

Yuki finished off his cigarette, “Your hair is not. You still have glitter and shit in it! You are not sleeping in my bed with that crap in your hair.”

Shuichi tilted his head to the side with a childlike smile, “Oh okay! I wasn’t sure if it had all come out or not.”

“You didn’t think to look?”

Shuichi shrugged his shoulders, “Never really thought about it.”

Yuki just rolled his eyes and Shuichi stuck a pointing finger in his chest, “Stop rolling your eyes at me!”

Yuki sighed heavily, “Shuichi…out! You have had more than your one damn minute!”

Shuichi’s shoulders deflated and he muttered, “Okay, okay, I’m going.”

Shuichi leaned in to hug Yuki again and went to kiss his cheek but turned to nibble on Yuki’s ear instead. Shuichi giggled when he heard Yuki growl, “Sorry! I just could not resist!”

“Shuichi!”

“I love you,” Shuichi told his seething lover.

Yuki looked up at Shuichi, “OUT!” he yelled, shifting his chair to push Shuichi off him, something that they now considered a form of playfulness and when Yuki’s deadlines weren’t on the doorstep, turned into a much more satisfying play session. Yuki chuckled silently to himself at the things they got up to.

Shuichi knew he was going to be shoved off Yuki’s body but he did not know just how hard. He normally braced himself for the fall but this time ended up windmilling his arms as he fell to the floor putting his hand out to stop his fall, letting out a sharp yelp of pain. Shuichi continued to lie on his left hip, his left wrist still holding him up.

Yuki heard the sharp yelp and quickly apologised to his lover, “Are you alright? Shuichi?”

Shuichi could not move from his place on the floor. He gritted his teeth together and managed a strangled, “Wrist!”

Yuki quickly got up from his chair and knelt down in front of Shuichi. He gently coaxed Shuichi into sitting up and taking his weight off his wrist. With a cry of pain Shuichi lifted his wrist up off the ground.

Yuki held Shuichi’s arm up and looked at his rapidly swelling wrist, “Can you straighten it at all?”

Shuichi shook his head, the tears in his eyes threatening to fall.

“I’ll get you some ice,” Yuki stood and quickly went to the kitchen for the icepack that was in the freezer, muttering an entourage of ‘shit, crap, fuck’ in his head in the process. He walked back into his office and found Shuichi was still sitting on the ground. “Hey, come on, off the floor,” he said as he helped Shuichi stand and led him over to the couch on the other side of the room. Sitting next to Shuichi, he took hold of Shuichi’s arm, “This will hurt,” he stated as he quickly straightened Shuichi’s wrist.

Shuichi gave an agonised scream as his wrist was put right. Yuki pressed the icepack to Shuichi’s wrist and pulled Shuichi into his chest as he cried out his pain. As best he could, Shuichi curled into Yuki as his wrist throbbed.

After ten minutes had passed, Shuichi had calmed down some, but the pain in his wrist had not. Yuki took the icepack off Shuichi’s wrist and saw that it had rapidly bruised, “Can you wriggle your fingers?”

Shuichi tried to do the same, but gasped and hissed in pain instead, “No…”

Yuki hung his head, “Okay. Come on, let’s get it looked at.”

Yuki stood and saved his work on the computer.

Mizuki was going to kill him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After wrapping Shuichi in a jacket, Yuki led him out of the apartment and to his car, helping the injured singer into the passenger seat.

Shuichi sat in the car grimacing as Yuki’s tyres found every single bump and crack in the road, each jolt sending sharp pains through his throbbing arm. He could see the tension in Yuki’s body, and his driving, at each grimace and hiss of pain. After taking the icepack off his wrist, he placed his uninjured hand on Yuki’s, which held onto the gearstick of his manual transmission car and hooked their fingers together.

Once stopped at a traffic light, Yuki sat back for a moment and looked at Shuichi while they waited, “I’m sorry Shuichi.”

Shuichi smiled and pulled their joined hands to his lips, gently kissing Yuki’s before setting their hands back down again, “I’ll be alright Yuki. It is probably nothing more than a sprain.”

Yuki squeezed Shuichi’s hand before retaking their position on the gearstick as the lights changed.

Yuki made Shuichi tell him about Bad Luck’s recent tour in order to keep the boy occupied. By the time they arrived at the hospital, Shuichi had replaced the icepack on his wrist as the pain was starting to worsen.

Yuki had his arm around Shuichi as they walked into the emergency ward. The celebrity couple were beginning to draw a curious crowd and at Yuki’s request, they were ushered into a private cubicle to wait their turn. This cubicle was located in a corner of the ward and, like a couple of other similarly placed cubicles, had a large door instead of the usual curtain. It was far more comfortable than those hard, awful, plastic chairs found in the waiting area.

After waiting an hour, Shuichi began to fall asleep but was woken when Yuki’s mobile rang. Shuichi looked up at the ‘No Mobile Phones’ sign and then looked at Yuki expectantly.

Yuki just shrugged and groaned as he recognised the number, “It’s the devil woman. I’ll be back.”

Shuichi nodded as Yuki left the cubicle to take Mizuki’s call. A few minutes after Yuki had left, one of the shift doctors came in to see him and examine his wrist. The doctor issued Shuichi with a couple of painkillers and put him down for an x-ray.

Yuki was standing outside the hospital doors with Mizuki calmly berating him over the phone at him not being home, having missed his deadline, again, and lecturing him on his publisher’s point of view throwing in the fact that Yuki liked his particular standards of living. Yuki wished he had a wall to punch.

Yuki took a deep breath, “Mizuki...I am not home because I am currently standing outside the emergency ward at the hospital.”

There was a pause, “Hospital? What? Why?”

“I had to bring Shuichi here...I may have busted his wrist when he got home this afternoon,” Yuki admitted, not having seen the journalist walking about ten metres away.

The journalist recognised the novelist instantly but kept this latest piece of headline news for when she got back to the studio, as she was there to cover a story of heroism. A scandal in the Yuki-Shindou household would be her fast track ticket up the management line in her media section. She was already composing the story in her head as she walked a little closer to the novelist intent on catching any more scoop without being obvious and caught, “...thinks it is just sprained, but he seems to be in too much pain for just a sprain...” She continued walking forward confidently, intending to get this interview over with as Yuki Eiri was always bigger news.

Yuki’s posture was now diminishing as his frustration increased the longer he was on the phone with his editor.

“I don’t know if I can get you extended time Eiri-san; the publishers still have your recent two-week extension fresh on their minds. However, under the circumstances...”

Yuki sighed and massaged his temple with his fingers, “Look, it’ll be on your desk tomorrow morning. Bye.”

Yuki quickly hung up and before he switched his phone off entirely, he sent a text message to Tohma advising him of the situation with a simple, ‘Took Shuichi to hospital’. Yuki shoved the phone in his pocket to be forgotten about as he quickly made his way back to Shuichi’s side.

As Yuki entered the cubicle, he stopped dead in his tracks as he saw that Shuichi’s bed was empty. Before he began to panic, he caught a nurse walking passed and asked her where his lover was. The aging woman had a look at Shuichi’s outpatient papers and informed him that Shuichi had been escorted to x-ray. Yuki let his relief show and took the seat in the cubicle to wait for Shuichi.

Five minutes later, Shuichi walked back into the cubicle. The boy looked extremely tired. When he saw his lover waiting for him, Shuichi managed a smile and met the seated Yuki with a small kiss before climbing back into the bed. Shuichi relaxed and tiredly lay back in the bed, apparently too quickly as he jarred his wrist.

“Owowowow!” he exclaimed.

Yuki shifted to the edge of his chair and put his hand on Shuichi’s leg, “Careful baka, no need to make it any worse. What did the doctor say?”

Shuichi yawned and relaxed under Yuki’s tender touch and lay back comfortably, “He gave me some painkillers and sent me for an x-ray in case of any fractures. When they have printed them, he will take a look and then come back with the results.”

Yuki nodded and noticed Shuichi slipping into sleep rather quickly. Yuki picked up Shuichi’s outpatient papers and read what he could, making out from the scrawl that they had given Shuichi two Panadine Fortes. Scowling, Yuki dropped Shuichi’s papers back on the bench and sat back in his chair; he certainly had time to wait.

Forty-five minutes later and after the bored novelist had memorised the entire layout of the cubicle, Yuki was surprised to find Tohma walking through the door.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

Tohma smiled at Yuki, “When I received your text message I tried to call you immediately, but it seemed you had already turned off your mobile. So I decided to come down and see how he is myself.”

Yuki folded his arms, ‘Shit,’ thought Yuki. Well, at least he would not be entirely bored out of his skull.

There was a long silence before Tohma walked over to Shuichi’s sleeping body, visually assessing the damage.

Yuki intervened, stopping Tohma’s visual scrutiny of his lover’s body in its tracks, “It is his wrist! We are waiting for the x-ray results. You don’t need to look him over, you leech!”

Tohma grinned at Yuki, “Now, now Eiri-san, you wouldn’t think that of your own brother-in-law, would you?”

Yuki re-folded his arms, “Hah! You are capable of everything Seguchi.”

Tohma stood by Yuki and looked over Shuichi, “So what happened? I believe he only returned home this afternoon. Is this something that happened on the tour, or-?” Tohma cut himself off hoping Yuki would carry on the explanation for him without the keyboardist having to pull on teeth.

Yuki had closed his eyes, “No, this happened when he got home.”

Tohma nodded, noting that he did not need to make any calls to insurance agencies as if Shuichi had injured himself whilst still technically on tour, it would prove rather nasty for the poor venue should the President of NG wish to sue for damages to Bad Luck’s immediate future. Although, it would have been fun to have done so.

Tohma looked back to Yuki, “So how did this happen?”

This time it was Yuki’s turn to grin lecherously, “Do you really want the details?”

Tohma laughed, “Decidedly not, thank you.”

The doctor arrived with the results of Shuichi’s x-ray. The doctor asked if he should come back later when Shuichi was awake.

“Don’t bother, you gave him Panadine Forte; he’ll be out for hours,” Yuki told him.

The doctor gave a small smile before Yuki impatiently said, “Spill it! Is he alright?”

The doctor patiently continued, “We have found three fractures across his wrist; one on the inside of his ulna and two on his radius.” The doctor pulled out a diagram of the human wrist and pointed out where the fractures were found. “There does not appear to be any damage to his carpal bones though, which is good. However, we will need to x-ray his wrist again when the swelling has gone down in say about a week and a half’s time, just to make sure.”

Yuki nodded, “I will bring him in again.”

The doctor handed Yuki a foam sling, “One of the nurses will be in shortly to bandage Shindou-san’s wrist. He must keep his wrist as inactive as possible for the next three weeks. After that time he should be able to move his wrist and fingers a little, gradually progressing to full movement. I will write him a prescription for some painkillers to be taken when necessary and make sure he ices his wrist at least twice a day. Shindou-san’s discharge papers can be arranged the moment he wakes up.”

The doctor finished writing on Shuichi’s papers, “Also, in six week’s time, I would like to have his wrist x-rayed again; the fracture located across the base of the radius has me a little concerned. That is a very unusual place to fracture bone. The area will be particularly fragile and will heal a little slower than the rest of the wrist, but as I have said, restrict his movement of the wrist and there should be no complications.”

Yuki stood looking at the doctor with widened eyes, “In what way does that fracture have you concerned?”

The doctor continued, “As I said it is very unusual to fracture the wrist at that point and it is also a difficult place to x-ray properly. There is no way to tell how deep that fracture goes. Even an MRI will not have clear results. I cannot give an accurate period for that fracture to have healed completely. Shindou-san is a healthy, young boy and I expect his wrist to heal completely without any problems.”

Yuki was growing more concerned the further this explanation continued, “What kind of problems are we talking about here?”

“The absolute worst-case scenario, which does not apply here, is an infection to the area with the increased vulnerability as there will be slight structural damage to the articular cartilage and fibrous capsule encasing that section of the bone. The fibrous capsule serves to keep certain proteins out of the bone which can affect the bone marrow,” the doctor explained.

By now Yuki was on the verge of a fit with the words ‘infection’ and ‘bone marrow’ running through his head.

Tohma placed his hand on Yuki’s shoulder to keep the novelist from exploding, “What is the actual risk of this occurring though?”

The doctor replied with emphasis, “Extremely rare, something that we would only be monitoring for in a patient who has cancer in their bone marrow, which Shindou-san definitely does not have.”

Yuki looked like he was about to be sick.

Tohma stepped in, “Thank you for the full explanation Doctor and for answering all our questions thoroughly.”

The doctor returned Tohma’s bow and left the cubicle.

Not a heartbeat later and Yuki was blowing his top, “What the fuck was he doing telling me all that shit! Is that bastard trying to send me into a panic on purpose!?”

“Calm down Eiri-san, he was just answering the questions we asked him,” Tohma tried to reason.

Yuki managed to pace in the confined area, “By telling me that shit in that much detail?”

Tohma continued, “He also said that those complications do not apply to Shindou-san. His wrist will heal in a few weeks and there will be nothing to worry about Eiri-san.”

Yuki was still upset, “Well then, he didn’t have to fill my head with that crap! I feel guilty enough as it is without having to think of anything worse happening to Shuichi! I hurt him Tohma; I injured his wrist! I hurt my Shuichi!”

Yuki leant back against the bench, “We wouldn’t be here if I hadn’t shoved him like that.”

Tohma looked up at Yuki, “Like how?”

Yuki explained the events leading up to Shuichi’s fall.

Tohma smiled sympathetically, “Now Eiri-san, it was a complete accident. You need to calm yourself down. People fracture their bones all the time and it could have been worse, Shindou-san’s arm could have broken completely. He could have hit his head and cracked his skull open. In the end Eiri-san, it is only a fractured wrist.”

Yuki pulled the chair closer to Shuichi and sat down heavily, “Why do I keep hurting him? Isn’t it bad enough I hurt him emotionally and mentally, but I have to hurt him physically as well? Sometimes I wonder just how better off he would have been if he’d never met me.”

Neither of them notice Shuichi’s brow crease slightly.

Tohma started at Yuki’s words, “Eiri-san that is enough. This was an accident. You are not doing your stress levels any good by thinking such thoughts. You both love and need each other just as much as the other. Now pull yourself together before Shindou-san wakes up. I am going to get some coffee, I will return in a moment.”

Tohma slipped out of the room but not before he heard Yuki say, “I’m sorry Shu-chan.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuichi heard the door close and forced himself further out of his groggy state. How he hated that stuff. He placed his uninjured hand on Yuki’s head.

Yuki quickly sat up, “You’re awake.”

Shuichi nodded, “I have been for a while and I certainly heard more than enough.”

With Yuki’s help, Shuichi sat up, swinging his legs to hang over the edge of the bed and rest on either side of Yuki, who was now standing up.

“Eiri, please don’t let me hear you talking like that again. I love you so much,” Shuichi wrapped his uninjured arm around Yuki’s waist, pulling him closer so he could hug into his lover, “I can’t imagine my life without you and I never want to.”

Mindful of Shuichi’s bad wrist Yuki slipped his arms around Shuichi’s body and pulled him tight to his body, bending so he could rest his head in Shuichi’s neck so Shuichi couldn’t see his tears, “I wish I could stop pushing you away. It is my fault you were hurt, again. It was my fault last time you got hurt because I pushed you away then too!”

Shuichi gasped, “Eiri! You are not pushing me away…far from it.” Shuichi brought his hand up to draw Yuki’s head away from his shoulder, forcing his lover into a deep, needy kiss. Shuichi knew Yuki was referring to the time he was raped by Aizawa and he continued to kiss Yuki until the novelist had calmed down and taken over the kiss himself.

Shuichi softened the kiss and pulled back placing his hand on Yuki’s cheek, “I am alright, Eiri.” Shuichi brushed the tears away from Yuki’s cheeks before placing another soft kiss on his lips. Yuki responded to the kiss and looked at Shuichi tenderly before hugging him again.

Tohma saw the sweet exchange through the window of the door and silently waited outside, sipping on his cup of coffee, a small smile on his face.

Yuki sighed as he pulled back from Shuichi’s body, “My headache is going to get worse.” He noticed Shuichi looking at him with a love struck expression, “What?”

Shuichi giggled slightly, “How is it you were just crying your eyes out and you still manage to look so damn gorgeous? I know I look awful after I’ve been crying.”

Yuki raised his eyebrow, “If you speak of this to anyone, brat, I will personally put you back in here with grievous bodily harm.”

Shuichi sniggered, “I love you too Eiri!”

Yuki just grumbled his annoyance and turned his attention to the rather well placed cough coming from the door.

Tohma stood with two coffees in his hands and wearing his usual smile. Next to him stood a nurse with trolley of first aid supplies.

Yuki reluctantly stood away from Shuichi and let the nurse come through to start bandaging Shuichi’s wrist. She also handed the painkillers to Yuki as she started working. Yuki took the second coffee from Tohma, grimacing at the foul tasting substance; nothing was better than his home-grounded coffee.

Tohma addressed Shuichi as he was getting his wrist bandaged, “Good to see you are awake and in good spirits, Shindou-san.”

Shuichi smiled, “Thank you Seguchi-san. At least we don’t have any stage appearances for the next two months.”

Tohma smiled, “Looks like you will be out of action for several weeks, so you don’t re-injure yourself.”

Shuichi nodded forlornly, “Yeah.”

Yuki stared down at his coffee, “Do you know how frustrated I am going to get?”

Shuichi nodded and looked up at his brooding lover, “Just about as frustrated as what I will be, Yuki dear.”

The meaning was not lost on anybody in the room.

The nurse cleared her throat, “Keep your wrist bandaged at all times, even at night. You can take the bandage off when bathing though. You will experience some pain for the next few days at least, especially while the swelling is coming down and the painkillers the doctor prescribed will help with that. You will need plenty of rest, Shindou-san.” The nurse then helped Shuichi into the foam sling and packed up her trolley, “The doctor has already signed your discharge papers, so when you are ready, you can go home.”

“Yay!” Shuichi slid off the bed and bopped right up next to Yuki.

Yuki placed his arm around his lithe lover and led him out of the hospital, Tohma walking beside them.

Shuichi stopped on their way to their cars, “Thank you for coming to see me, Seguchi-san.”

Tohma nodded, “Not at all, Shindou-san. I will tell everyone from Bad Luck when I get back to the office.”

Shuichi gasped, “Oh shit! Hiro! He is gonna kill me for not letting him know!” Shuichi already had his phone out of his pocket, turned back on and was texting Hiro with one hand as Yuki led him away from Tohma and in the direction of his car.

After placing the phone back in his pocket, Shuichi turned quietly to Yuki, “Say, Eiri...why exactly did Tohma come to see if I was alright?”

Yuki kept walking, “I have yet to figure that out...he is probably scheming something in order to make me go back home again...pompous bastard.”

Shuichi nodded in understanding before he reached up to peck Yuki on the cheek, “Well, you still have a few weeks before he can pull that card on you coz you have to look after me!”

Yuki scoffed, “If you think I am going to wait on you hand and foot, you have another thing coming brat.”

“Aw! But Yuki!” Shuichi whined as Yuki helped him get into the car. Shuichi waited until Yuki got into the driver side, “I always look after you when you’re sick!”

Yuki leaned over and helped Shuichi manoeuvre his arm into the seat belt, “That was your choice back then and this is my choice now.”

Shuichi huffed and poked his tongue out at Yuki, “You are so mean.”

Yuki started the engine and began to reverse the car out of the park, “And you still love me anyway.”

Shuichi scowled, “Be that as it may...”

Yuki changed the gears to first but before he took off, he captured Shuichi’s jaw in his hand and silenced Shuichi with his lips, “Of course I’ll help you when you need it, baka.”

Shuichi grinned, “Yay! I love my Yuki!” Shuichi leaned in and took Yuki’s lips in a chaste kiss before they were beeped at by a driver waiting for the car park they were vacating.

Yuki growled and flicked them off before setting off for home. The fact that they wouldn’t be able to see through his tinted windows was pointless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuichi yawned as he relaxed on the couch waiting for Yuki to come home from Mizuki’s office. The under slept novelist didn’t come to bed until 3am that night finishing his novel to have it in by the new deadline.

Very carefully, Shuichi had prepared Yuki’s coffee, although he had yet to put the hot water in deciding to wait until his lover actually got home, but he went to re-boil the water anyway, just to be ready.

Not long after, he heard keys opening the door and went to greet the tired and grumpy form that is his lover. Shuichi managed to steal a small kiss while Yuki was dropping his keys and slipping his shoes off.

Shuichi followed Yuki into the kitchen where the novelist dropped off a bag of shopping. As Yuki turned away to pour the ready cup of coffee, Shuichi inspected the shopping finding the usual essentials – cigarettes, beer, pocky, plus a few other items and then picked out the newspaper.

Shuichi stared at the headline for a moment before bursting out laughing.

Yuki had just taken in the flavour of his favourite coffee when Shuichi suddenly started laughing like a maniac, “Oi brat! What’s with the noise?”

Shuichi started to calm down, “Have you even looked at the headline yet?”

Yuki had to admit to himself that he indeed had not and had just automatically picked up the paper on his way through the checkout. Taking another sip of coffee, he picked up the paper only to spit out said sip of coffee as he read the headline.

‘Shindou Shuichi: A Victim of Domestic Violence?’

Shuichi was still giggling randomly as Yuki scanned the first few paragraphs noting that he had apparently caused the complete breaking of Shuichi’s arm, a broken rib and several bruises.

Yuki stopped reading the filth and just groaned. He was planning on just coming home and crashing into bed, but that’s just gone right out the window; they would all be calling him and coming over.

“Shit!” Yuki cursed and picked up the phone to call Tohma, before anything else happened. “Seguchi...I am sure you have seen it...deal with it. Thank you.” Yuki’s level of calmness shocked even himself as he hung up the phone and turned to Shuichi, “Turn your mobile off and start disconnecting the phones. I am going back to bed. The door is not to be answered and close all the curtains.” Yuki stated before taking his cup and leaving the room.

Shuichi kept his smirk covered until Yuki left the kitchen and quickly scurried about the apartment disconnecting the two phones, turning their mobiles off and closing the curtains. He also put the shopping away before slipping into the bed next to Yuki and cuddling into him, “I love you, Eiri.”

Yuki shifted so that he could hold Shuichi better, “I know.” He kissed Shuichi on the jaw line, “I love you too.” Yuki could practically feel the smile radiating off Shuichi’s face and gave a small smile of his own, “Sleep now.”

Shuichi continued to grin like the Cheshire Cat until he too succumbed to the calls of sleep.


----------------------------------
End

Well, this was supposed to have finished back on page 4, it is now up to page 13. It kinda just kept developing and plot bunnies and...well yeah! My muse is temperamental; she can be off on extended leave until further notice, or she can come back and give me one of these...Meh! It is all good in the end!

I must admit as I have edited this, I do now have a couple of plot bunnies for a second chapter, so I’ll try to get that in the works soon!

Please leave a review!

Arigato!

KittenCeez!
Love to you all!
xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story