Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

In Battle

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Written for the Week 17 prompt at bleach_contest: plate. Set during the “Hollow Bait” incident early in the series, Ichigo and Ishida are fighting a pack of Hollows – and being snarky while d...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Ishida Uryuu,Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2008-05-25 - Updated: 2008-05-26 - 444 words - Complete

0Unrated
In Battle
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.

A/N: Written for the Week 17 prompt at bleach_contest: plate. Set during the “Hollow Bait” incident early in the series, Ichigo and Ishida are fighting a pack of Hollows – and being snarky while doing so.

0o0o0o0o0o

“Watch your back, asshole.”

Cutting through the mask of yet another Hollow, Kurosaki Ichigo again put himself back-to-back with the idiot who started this infestation, Ishida Uryuu. He didn't deserve to become a snack for monsters, even though his classmate had put people he cared about at risk.

That didn't mean that Ichigo wasn't going to beat the hell out of him once all this was over. As an...incentive to never do something stupid like this again.

“Watch your own, you brainless jerk,” replied the Quincy, creating a momentary third eye in the mask of the creature he'd shot at before it dissolved. “I don't need your help. I can do this on my own.”

“Sure you can,” grunted the orange haired boy. He split another Hollow in two.

Another monster charged, its shape that of a ghostly, perverted dragon. Leaping forward, Ichigo swung his zanpaktou in a wide, deadly arc, aiming to cut off a leg to slow the large creature down.

His sword bounced off the tough scales, the rebounding force pushing him back several feet and into Ishida, who elbowed him away with a snarl.

“What the hell,” he asked rhetorically, trying again. It happened again, causing him to scowl deeper.

A blue streak flashed past him, embedding itself in a shoulder, causing the Hollow to shriek in pain. Before he could turn to glare at Ishida for interrupting, three more arrows flew past him, the third finally killing the monster.

“I had that one!”

“Sure you did,” drawled the Quincy, already firing at more targets. “That's why that over-sized butter knife of yours just bounced off.”

Killing a Hollow almost absently, Ichigo practically growled at him, “Okay, smart guy, why was my 'over-sized butter knife' just bouncing off?”

“It was the scales,” replied his classmate, his voice taking on the dry tones of a professor. “They're like European plate armor. A sword would never make it through. Arrows were the only effective means of piercing it.”

“Great,” responded Ichigo through clenched teeth. “We're outnumbered 10 to 1, and you're lecturing me on Western history!”

Another Hollow perished, and the substitute Soul Reaper muttered, “Sunovabitch. Am I gonna have to put up with this shit from now on?”
Sign up to rate and review this story