Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

If You Jump, I'll Jump Too (One Shot)

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

Gahh another one shot to get it out of my mind. Inspired in part by "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings and That 70's Show.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-05-26 - Updated: 2008-05-27 - 1232 words - Complete

1Moving
If You Jump, I'll Jump Too

Standing in the back room of the chapel, I was having trouble breathing. I was nervous beyond belief, and I think I might have been having an asthma attack. Nothing anyone would say could help me. I was shaking. Because this was it. This was the day that I was going to be married. This was the day that I threw away my freedom to walk out and be done with everything. This was the rest of my life being handed to me in the form of a wedding band and a husband. This was the day that marked the beginning of the days that I would have to say, "Sorry, I'm married." And I was definitely not ready.

I heard the door open behind me and felt the comforting hands that I had longed for guide me to a chair. "Sit down," that familiar voice commanded me gently. I obeyed. "Breathe, Tracy. Breathe," he whispered into my ear. I sighed. Finally. He was here. I could breathe a little more freely.

"Oh, Frank," I sighed. "I'm so afraid." He pulled me into an embrace.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'm sure everyone is afraid on their wedding day," he said soothingly, rubbing small circles into the small of my back. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, the one place that I felt safe.

"I'm afraid I'm making the wrong choice," I whispered. I thought back to that day, the one day that we had together.

"Come on, you know you want to, Trace. Just jump down," Frank said, trying to coax me off of the ledge outside of my window so that we could go to a show together.

"Um, Frankie? You do notice that this is the second story of my house, right?" I replied nervously, turning around to look at him. I had always been afraid of heights. And Frank knew that.

"It'll help you conquer your fear," he said convincingly. "If you jump, I'll jump right after you, I swear." I laughed.

"What, so that you can land on me?" I giggled. He laughed back and nodded. "Fine."

"Just close your eyes and jump," he whispered in my ear. I shivered, even though it was a warm spring night, and obeyed. Frank followed close after me, and we found ourselves laughing and rolling around in my yard. "That wasn't so bad, was it Tracy?" Frank whispered, his lips dangerously close to mine.

"Not at all," I replied. We stayed that way for a while, just looking at each other. I finally got too tired of prentending that nothing was happening between us. "If you jump, I'll jump too," I whispered. He smirked, then leaned down and kissed me.


"Cold feet?" he asked, bringing me back to the present. It was 8 years later, and Frank had a fiance, as did I. I was about to marry one of our old friends, Justin. Justin made me feel needed. He made me happy. Or as happy as I could be, considering the circumstances. Sure, he didn't intoxicate me like Frank did. He wasn't the one person that I could go to with almost anything. We didn't have as many memories as Frank and I had. In short, he was no Frank. But he was a good second choice, as horrible as that sounds.

"I guess," I confessed, looking down at my lap. Frank's fingers cupped my chin and pulled it up so that I was looking him in the eyes.

"I know you're thinking about it," Frank whispered, his eyes seeming to look into my soul. "About that night."

Frank and I had finally gone to the show. We were laughing more than usual, and that might have been an effect of our intertwined fingers or the kisses we stole all night. As the band had played, we stood in the back for a while, each of us just enjoying the other's company and wrapped up in one another. And then, when we had finished watching the band, we went back to his car. He drove back to his house. Our backyards were separated by a little fence, so I could easily sneak back in. We parked on the street outside of his house for a little while, just sitting there.

"Is this weird for you?" he asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You and me. Tonight," he clarified.

"Not really. Truthfully, I've wanted this to happen for a while now," I admitted, blushing and smiling nervously. He smiled.

"Thank God I wasn't the only one," he muttered before crashing his lips onto mine again. The rest of the weekend, I was on Cloud Nine. We hung out in our backyards, stealing more kisses and holding each other. Naming the shapes of the clouds. Talking. Doing nothing together.

That Monday, Frank had already left for school by the time that I was ready to go, so I caught the bus. He wasn't waiting for me at my locker like he usually did. I knew something had to be up. I got my stuff and made my way to his locker, where I found him and Jamia in what looked like a passionate embrace. I felt my eyes grow wide and my jaw drop as I fought back tears. I clutched my books tighter to me and let out a little grip. Frank saw me through newly widened eyes and extricated himself from her grip.

"Tracy, it isn't what it looks like. I can explain," he started. I shook my head, too angry to want to hear his voice that had calmed me on many such occasions.

"I guess I was the only one ready to jump," I whispered, turning on my heel and marching away from Frank.


Of course, we had gotten past that. We had both accepted the fact that we couldn't be together and gone on as best friends. So why was he bringing it up again?

"What about it?" I asked, my throat suddenly dry.

"I've had ten years to think about it. Ten years of regretting that stupid morning. I was a jerk," he said. I smiled a bit. "But I'm not anymore. I realised that regretting it isn't going to change anything. And...well if you jump, I'm ready to jump too." I smiled.

Frank and I told Justin everything. He took it well, saying that he was just waiting for it to happen and that he was surprised that I had accepted when he proposed. We told the guests that there wasn't going to be a wedding after all, and had them clear out. We would figure out what to do with all the food and presents later. Half an hour later, Frank and I were well on our way out of New Jersey.

"I thought you were afraid of heights," Frank muttered accusatorily. I smiled.

"I thought I was too, until I realised that I was just afraid to jump," I replied.
-----
A/N: Awwwwww a cutesy story about Frank. I don't care if no one reads it, I just needed it out of my system. So there you go. I'd love to know what you think of the story, but it doesn't matter if you tell me or not. It's very cliche and very predictable, but what else would you expect from me?
Sign up to rate and review this story