Categories > TV > Thunderbirds > Enhanced

Distress Call

by andrewjameswilliams 0 reviews

After participating in a rescue at a US research base John begin's experiencing strange and amazing side effects.

Category: Thunderbirds - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi - Published: 2006-02-18 - Updated: 2006-02-18 - 901 words

0Unrated
Enhanced

Enhanced


Chapter One: Distress Call


John Tracy sighed in contentment and adjusted his sunglasses before leaning back on the sun lounger and soaking in the bright warm tropical sunshine that shone down on Tracy Island. He had only been back on the island for two days after a longer than normal stint of duty on Thunderbird Five - two months instead of his normal one.

The reason being that just after shift change over two months ago Alan had gone out on a rescue and got caught in a small collapse which had left him with a concussion, a broken arm and a broken leg. It had taken two months for all of Alan's wounds to fully heal and Alan to be well enough to return to active duty as a member of International Rescue and take his shift on Thunderbird Five. John hadn't minded the additional month on the station it had given him more time to observe a comet passing through the inner system.

Still he was glad to be back home for a month. Between rescues it gave him a chance to really catch up with his brothers and to get his tan back. A smile graced his face as he heard the familiar sounds of Gordon and Tin-Tin playing around in the swimming pool.

Feeling the heat of the sun warming his body and having only recently eaten lunch John felt his eyes grow heavy and he slowly drifted off to sleep.

***

Jeff Tracy smiled as he looked out on the swimming pool area and saw John dozing in the warm afternoon sun while Gordon and Tin-Tin played around in the swimming pool. He didn't see Virgil or Scott but he suspected that they were probably down in the games room playing pool. They usually did at this time of day.

"Mr Tracy would you like some coffee," Kyrano asked softly from behind him. Jeff looked back at the elderly Malaysian man who had served his family well for so many years.

"Yes I would like some coffee Kyrano thank you." Kyrano bowed slightly.

"I will make it for you now Mr Tracy," Kyrano replied before quietly leaving the room. Jeff sighed and looked back out the window. Much as he would like to go out there and join John in an afternoon doze he couldn't he had work to do. Moving back over to his desk he sat down and was about to pick up the first report that he had to read when a beeping noise filled the air.

Jeff looked up to see the eyes on Alan's portrait flashing. Reaching over to a control panel in the side of his desk he accepted the call from Thunderbird Five.

"Go ahead Alan," he said as the portrait of Alan disappeared to be replaced by a live feed of Alan backdropped by Thunderbird Five's control room.

"Father I've just received a distress call from a US government research facility in Nevada," Alan reported. "There has been an explosion and many people are trapped on the lower underground levels. A feeder stream for the Colorado River runs next to it underground. They don't know if the wall between the facility and the river has been breached but they suspect that it may have been damaged."

"Sounds like a job for the Mole. Alright Alan signal them that we are on our way. Try to get more information on what its like down their. And fill Scott in in-flight."

"F.A.B father," Alan replied before disappearing from the screen and his portrait reappearing. Reaching out Jeff pressed the control that would sound an alarm throughout the villa that would bring the boys running.

***

John was jolted out of his light doze when the alarm went off. Getting to his feet he hurried across the patio to the steps leading up to the house while behind him Gordon climbed out of the pool and quickly began drying himself off.

John reached the patio of the house and went inside just as Scott and Virgil came running down the hall into the main room.

"What is it dad," Scott asked.

"A US research base in Nevada has sent out a distress call. There has been an explosion and multiple people are trapped underground on the lower levels. To make matters worse a feeder river for the Colorado runs right next to the underground part of the base. They do not know yet if the containment wall has been damaged. Scott away you go. Alan's trying to get more information and will fill you in while in flight."

"F.A.B father," Scott replied and moved over to the wall lights that concealed the entrance to Thunderbird One's silo. Grasping the wall lights with both hands he held on tight as the wall swivelled and he was facing his beloved Thunderbird One.

"Virgil take Pod 2 you'll definitely need the Mole and possibly some heavy cutting equipment. Take John with you this could get real complicated," Jeff instructed.

"F.A.B father," Virgil and John replied.

While Virgil went over to the rocket portrait on one wall that would flip up and deposit him in the access sled to Thunderbird Two John headed for the passenger lift elsewhere in the house.

Jeff sat back in his seat as the boys left. This was the bit that he always hated. The waiting.
Sign up to rate and review this story