Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Creperum

Creperum

by Lady_Selene 2 reviews

Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort and was later found by vampire great-grandparents Amadeus and Rebecca Potter. This is a story of Harry's life while he is raised by people who love him endless...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-02-18 - Updated: 2006-02-19 - 830 words

2Original
Chapter One
~Immortal Death~




Lightning flashed as the man ran towards the crumbling home of his descendants; his wife ran behind him, her hand clasped in his. Cold winds ripped at them as they didn't even bother to grab cloaks or gloves before they left their mansion only seconds ago; they came the second the wall of family started to seep blood from James' plaque.

Amadeus grew even more nervous when he couldn't hear anything inside the ruined house. As he helped Rebecca around small fires that had started to spread around the ruined building; once around them, he put them out with his wand. He turned towards the stairs and his wife; her shoulders shook with silent sobs. Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, Amadeus tried to calm her down only to freeze when he saw what caused the tears; James. Slowly, he reached down, placed his hand over his empty brown eyes, and shut them.

Walking up the stairs, Amadeus led the way into the almost demolished nursery. Forcing Rebecca to stay in the corridor, Amadeus walked into the nursery and chocked back a sob at the sight of his grandson trying to wake up his mum, blood trickling down the side of his small face. As Amadeus stepped towards his infant grandson, Rebecca came in also, squeezing the splintered wood of the doorframe when she saw the heartbreaking scene.

Amadeus pulled the tender body of Harry into his arms; the tears swelled when he saw the lightning shaped would on his forehead. Rebecca was crying softly as she took him from her husband while he picked up the plush dog form of Sirius Black. Handing the toy to Harry, who squeezed it tightly, Amadeus watched Rebecca lovingly brush Harry's messy bangs aside along with some of the blood from the wound.

"Amadeus, he's so cold," Rebecca whispered as Harry started to whimper; Amadeus noticed he suddenly looked pale.

Amadeus placed a gentle hand against his cheek and grew alarmed; Harry felt as cold as Amadeus himself did for the last 1004 year. He placed his hand near the cut as Harry grew even paler and started to cry. As soon as the first tear of pain fell onto his tiny cheek, the wound healed until only the faintest scar remained while his skin turned to a deadly shade of slate gray.

"Amadeus!" Rebecca whispered in horror.

He grabbed her hand and saw the smeared blood from Harry's forehead. Looking closer, he noticed a large wooden splinter and several smaller ones across her palm, blood trickling from them.

"Oh gods, what have I done?" She moaned, knowing it was her fault that her blood entered the cursed wound.

Amadeus grabbed a clean blanket from the crib-green with tiny snitches-and wrapped the sniffling Harry in it knowing one of Dumbledore's mortals would be here soon.

"Come Rebecca," he ordered gently ushering her back downstairs and into the cold drizzle.

Using the gift of speed that all vampires were blessed with, they quickly ran to the manor where Harry would be safe. They never heard the sound of a motorbike or saw the silhouette of a giant man as the couple and their very great-grandson disappeared into the night.

--------------------------

Amadeus watched Rebecca tuck the slumbering infant into the cradle later that night or early that morning, depending how you looked at it. Harry had been cleaned up, had a small necklace around his neck and now only looked slightly paler than he did before.

Rebecca backed away slowly and into her husband's arms, watching the child.

"Kendra knows he is one now," Amadeus said, breaking the silence.

"We will raise him," Rebecca choked out, forcing herself not to cry. "That man Dumbledore didn't know they switched keepers from Sirius to, to that vile, loathsome /rat/," she hissed. "Sirius is now a wanted man and Harry will have to go to those mortals; I will not allow it."

"Becca, we don't know how they act. Harry could be better off with them than with us; we haven't raised a child in 500 years," Amadeus told her.

"I do not care," she said firmly. "When we found out that James and Lily were to go into hiding and that there was a chance he would have to go to Lily's sister's home, I watched the house," Rebecca explained. "That family hates magic more than some of our own kind, they would abuse him for sure and now that Harry's a vampire," she said, unwilling to finish the thought.

"You're right. He needs to stay where he'll be safe and loved," Amadeus agreed.

Rebecca kissed her husband lightly and left for their bedroom next door. Amadeus walked forward towards the wooden cradle. He looked down at the son of James and Lily Potter with loving eyes. His descendant of many generations was not only the Boy-Who-Lived but now also a vampire and he would be loved.

----------------------------------


There you go. I hope you enjoyed this. Cheers!
Sign up to rate and review this story