Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Oh, It's Love

by fireXatXwill 2 reviews

Lily is falling for James, and she's not quite sure she likes it...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: James,Lily - Published: 2008-06-06 - Updated: 2008-06-07 - 719 words - Complete

0Unrated
I am so sick of James bloody Potter.

I don’t know who he thinks he is. Stupid prick, with his stupid broomstick and his stupid smirk.

He’s doing it again. I can’t stand it when he does that. It’s like he knows what I’m thinking, like he can see inside my head. Well, I’ll show him.

You’re an ugly toad, you know that? A worthless piece of Niffler droppings. Your mother’s so fat, she needs a map to find her own behind…oi, what’s that hideous thing on your shoulders? Oh, sorry, it’s just your face…


It’s not working. He’s still smirking at me with that awful knowing look. I desperately wish I could run away, away from those eyes, and hide up into my dormitory until him and his stupid smirk are rotting six feet under. Instead, I’m forced to settle for staring back at him in the hope of embarrassing him. That’ll teach the stupid jerk.

As soon as my eyes meet his, I realise I’ve made a mistake. I never realised hazel was such a beautiful colour – I can’t look away. The smirk is still in place, tinged with definite amusement. My cheeks are burning furiously, and I’m not sure what my stomach thinks it’s doing.

I have to act, before something terrible happens.

“Hey, Potter.”

Something like that.

His smirk widens when he hears his name. “Hey, Evans,” he replies. “What’s up?”

“Oh, nothing much.” I try to keep my voice casual, but there’s a painful edge that I can’t seem to get rid of. Why is my heart pounding so fast? “What about you?”

Brilliant work, Lily. If you don’t do something quickly, this could turn into a conversation.

“Oh, I was just thinking about how attractive you’re looking tonight,” he says, sounding supremely off-hand.

Argh. Does he never give up?

“I…I…” Damn. I’m speechless. Now this was just what I needed.

The smirk is still in place. He’s stepping closer. This is bad.

“You know, Evans, I’ve been thinking.”

“Oh really?” I manage to splutter out, attempting an acidic tone. I don’t think it’s working.

James rolls his eyes. “Thing is, there’s a Hogsmeade weekend coming up, and I wondered whether you’d like to come with me.” He’s dropped that stupid smirk now. There’s an almost pleading expression on his face.

Say no, Lily. Slap him and walk away. Leave before you do something…

“I’d love to.”

…Stupid.

Suddenly, James smiles. Not an annoying smirk, but a radiant smile. He’s delighted. My heart leaps to my throat and, try as I might, I can’t force it back down.

That arsehole! What’s he done to me? This cannot be normal.

He’s getting closer. I can feel his breath on my face. It smells of coffee and peppermint and something else I can’t quite place. I can feel my own breath accelerating. Suddenly, everything stops mattering. I’m leaning closer too…forget about hating him. Just go with it, Lily.

When his lips meet mine, I feel a warm tingle erupt in my belly and my face turns even redder. I’m sure I didn’t give my hands permission to move, but suddenly they’re around his waist, pulling him closer to me. He’s running his hands through my hair, and for a brief moment I feel as if I really do know him.

He’s pulling away, his cheeks slightly pink and his eyes shining. The pleasant tingling turns to a sharp jolt as I realise what I’ve just done.

The smirk is back, self-satisfied and arrogant. He turns to leave, winking at me. My heart flutters involuntarily.

“See you around, Lily.”

And I’m left standing in the middle of the empty common room, gaping like a fish as the portrait swings closed behind him.

That absolute, good for nothing jerk! I cannot believe…how dare he…

That was amazing. It hurts to admit it. My heart is still fluttering wildly in my chest. I need to calm down…I can’t wait until Saturday.

I am going to kill him!
Sign up to rate and review this story