Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

by mshutts 4 reviews

"Have you ever noticed how Sesshoumaru acts towards you?"  Inuyasha has an... interesting conversation.  Hints of possible Sess/Inu thoughts/actions.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Inuyasha - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-06-11 - Updated: 2008-06-12 - 1320 words - Complete

1Funny
Actions Speak Louder Than Words

By: mshutts

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters mentioned herein.

Warning: Hints of possible incestuous thoughts/actions.

*

“Have you ever noticed how odd Sesshoumaru acts towards you?”

“Hungh?”

“You know, when you’re fighting. He acts different towards you than he acts towards anyone else.”

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. “Different, how?”

“Well, for one he always ignores everyone else who is on the battlefield in favor of bickering with you.”

“That doesn’t mean anything.”

“You do the same, you know.”

“Of course I fucking pay more attention to him than anyone else on the battlefield. In case you haven’t noticed, he is by far the most dangerous person there. It’s my job to protect all of you. If I wasn’t paying attention to him with all my senses, he’d kill any of you in a second.”

“But it’s not just that, Inuyasha. It’s not just about protecting us. When you face him on the battlefield, even if there is another enemy present, you two go off into your own world. Everything else just fades into the background and all that seems to matter to either of you is the other.”

He rolled his eyes. “Just because I’m keeping my eyes on the largest threat don’t mean nothing.”

“Whatever. You have to admit that he still treats to you differently than anyone else.”

“Of course he does. I’m the half-breed abomination tainting our bloodline. He detests me.”

“Sometimes I don’t know if I actually believe he thinks that.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? Of course he believes it! He says it all the time!”

“Just because he says something doesn’t mean it’s actually true or even what he really thinks. Maybe it’s just what he WANTS to think.”

“You feeling alright?” he asked raising his hand to his companion’s forehead where it was readily wacked away.

“I’m just fine, thank you.”

“Then what’s with the crazy talk?”

“It’s not crazy talk. Haven’t you ever noticed how he touches you?”

“Touches me? You mean like throwing me into trees touching me?”

“Yeah.”

“What of it?”

“Do you know of anyone else he touches?”

Inuyasha adopted a highly confused look. “Why would I want to know of anyone else that bastard touches?”

“That’s just my point. I don’t think he DOES touch anyone else. Well, except for maybe Rin.”

“Rin?”

“That little girl who follows him around.”

“Oh. Wait, you think he throws her into trees?”

“No!”

“Then, what does she have to do with anything?”

“You are so impossible sometimes, Inuyasha! The point isn’t how he touches her versus how he touches you. It’s that there is ANY touching at all.”

“I don’t follow.”

“Ok, look, Sesshoumaru doesn’t like to be touched, right?”

“Right.”

“He doesn’t really like to touch others, right?”

“Right.”

“So why does he touch you?”

“It’s kind of hard to hold someone up in the air by their throat if you’re not touching them.”

“Well, yes, I suppose that would be the case. But you’re missing the point. WHY would he want to hold you up in the air? Surely there must have been some other way to get his point across.”

“Maybe he wanted to make sure I was listening.”

“Maybe he wanted to touch you.”

“You sure you’re feeling alright? I could always find a healer for you.”

“I’m serious. He doesn’t touch anyone else. He could use many other methods to attack you and make his point that would not involve any sort of physical contact whatsoever with you. But there have been several times he hasn’t used those methods.”

“You ever think I might just piss him off so bad he forgets to remain completely aloof?”

“You ever think he might be using the fights as an excuse to touch you? Maybe he actually has feelings for you but doesn’t know how to reconcile them with what he has been taught or what he believes.”

“Now I know you’re crazy. The only feelings Sesshoumaru has for me is a desire for me to die by his claws.”

“But that doesn’t explain why he’s always so hyper focused on you.”

“Hungh?”

“Every time we run into him, he looks at YOU. He attacks YOU. He threatens YOU. He talks to YOU. He fights YOU. He touches YOU. The rest of us might as well not even exist.”

“So? He just doesn’t see you puny humans as a threat.”

“But it’s not just him. Every time we run into him, you look at HIM. You attack HIM. You threaten HIM. You talk to HIM. You fight HIM. You touch HIM. You even ignore us the same way he does. If any of us try to get involved, you both tell us to butt out.”

“It’s not your fight.”

“You don’t mind when it’s any other demon and we decide to get involved.”

“That’s not the same thing.”

“How so?”

“He’s my brother. It’s complicated.”

“So just because he’s your brother, you don’t think we should get involved?”

“I THINK it’s none of your business.”

Sigh. “You know, if it wasn’t for the fact that he was your brother, I would wonder if Sesshoumaru was vying for your affections.”

Inuyasha recoiled as if struck. “What the FUCK are you talking about?!”

“Just that he always seems to pay you an inordinate amount of attention.”

The skeptical look on the hanyou’s face demanded a more in depth answer from his companion. “Like we were talking about before. Him touching you. Him focusing on you to the exclusion of all else on the battlefield.”

“I fail to see how that has ANYTHING to do with him being romantically interested in me.”

“I wasn’t saying he was romantically interested in you. You’re related for heaven’s sakes. I was just saying, were it anyone else, I would think the amount of attention he pays to you might constitute an interest in other things.”

“So, let me get this straight, trying to kill me on a semi-regular basis would supposedly indicate a desire for a romantic relationship?”

“It does for some people.”

“That’s fucked up.”

“Maybe,” shrug, “but there are a lot of people who like strong, dominating partners. For some, the fighting would be a real turn-on.”

“If you say so.”

“It’s true. And, if I understand correctly, most female youkai are the type that would look for a strong, dominant partner. So, maybe all this fighting with Sesshoumaru would be considered courtship behavior by youkai… if you weren’t related.”

Inuyasha’s eyes got huge at the implications.

“Don’t worry, Inuyasha. I’m sure there’s nothing to be concerned about. After all, he’s your brother. There’s no way he would be interested in having a romantic relationship with a family member.”

The hanyou tried to look as if he had brushed the idea off just as easily as his friend. “Of course not. Don’t be ridiculous.”

However, no matter how hard Inuyasha tried to brush it off as being completely ludicrous, the conversation kept coming back to haunt him. He was sure that his friend was wrong in interpreting of the youkai lord’s actions. But, what if his companion was right?

*

Any clue who the other half of the conversation is? I’m curious for your thoughts.

Well, this piece just came to me. I readily admit that it is a little odd. I just had the urge to write it down and share.

Let me know what you think. All reads and/or review are greatly appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story