Categories > Celebrities > Taking Back Sunday > Wishing To Be The Friction In Your Jeans, You Start Shaking At The Thought

So Obviously Desperate, So Desperatly Obvious

by NumberOneWithABullet 0 reviews

Secrets get revealed

Category: Taking Back Sunday - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-06-12 - Updated: 2008-06-12 - 1519 words

0Unrated
~Matt Rubano's Point Of View~

Damn it! Why did I only bring one bass?! I should have known better to depend on Adam bringing a spare bass. The only satisfaction I'm getting out of this is the fact that Adam didn't bring a lightweight microphone. Ha ha. Silly boy. Wait... damn! He's going to be using the regular one. Lets just hope he doesn't knock me out again. Aw shit.
Just then, I heared laughing. I looked down the hallway and saw Adam walking with two members from Fall Out Boy and all of My Chemical Romance. He never goes anywhere alone it looks like. Adam is laughing and swinging around a microhpone.Wit his luck, he's going to...

WAIT!

That's his lightweight one! I'd recognize it anywhere seeing as how Eve signed it saying
"I love you, Adam. GO TAKING BACK SUNDAY! -Eve" With a little smiley face at the end.
That means... Adam's girlfriend... oh wait. They're not dating... yet. EVELYNN IS HERE!

"Oh Eve!"

Woah... why the hell did I just yell that out? That's Adam's girl... or at least that's what he claims. I'm just happy that no one heard me, Adam trips over Evelynn's name. Hah. What a-

"Did you just call my name?"
"HOLY SHIT!"
I spun around with my fists up ready to fight. I felt pretty stupid once I realized it was Eve who scared me. She looked confused and had this strange look on her face. It reminded me of the face Adam makes when he goes off into "Adam World"

"You scared me, Eve!"
But then, I'm pretty sure she knew she did with the reaction I gave her.

"I'm Sorry, Matt. It's just I heard my name... more like moaning my name. So I followed the sound and well... here I am!" She said with an awkward smile. She scratched her head nervously.

"Ugh. Were you the one who moaned out my name?"

"... No! It was Adam!"
I SO didn't moan out her name! Did I? NO! All I said was 'Oh Eve'... okay... mayve I did moan out her name.

"Alright then, Matt."
GOD! If she wasn't taken by that bitch Sebestian I'd SO be hitting on her right now. Well, not really. Eve's kind of a downer, and she always seems like she's hiding something, but I really don't want to ask her if she is. Oh well. Maybe I can go after her friend, Adeline. She's hot too. Ha ha. Oh Yeah.

"Matt, you seem like you're fantisizing again... and I don't want to stick around to find out about what... or better yet... who you are thinking about."
I looked at her and noticed I was licking my lips and rubbing my chest. What the fuck am I doing? Why do I become this huge pervert around Eve?

"Oh... okay, Eve."
She smiled and began to walk off. I guess I should start looking for some bass strings. Oh wait!

"EVE!"

She turned around as I began to run after her.

"Yeah, Matt?"

"I wanted to ask you if you had any bass strings?"

She put her finger on her cheek. I guess she's thinking? She smiled at me.

"Nope..."

EH! I put my head down. That's not anything to smile about!

"But... I do have the bass you left in my car."

"Huh? I have a bass in your car?"

"Yeah. Remember? You played on the streets with Adam and pretended you two were poor and needed a girls number to live another day. Your story was, your master fed you only when you show him a girl's working phone number. I'm still shocked any girl was stupid enough to fall for that and actually give you their number."

Oh yeah! I remember that! Ha ha. I got so lucky that night! Well... not really. Mom walked in on me before anything could happen.

"I think the fact that I'm hot helped me get the numbers. Can I have your keys so I can go get the bass?"

"Ha! I remember that night so well! That one gay guy asked you if you wanted him to be your new master. HA!"

Eve started laughing so hard that her eyes started to water. I can't believe she still remembers that. I mean... I'm just happy that only the band and Eve know about that. The only good thing about that gay guy hitting on me is now I know if I ever give up on women, I have someone... WAIT! I shouldn't be proud of that! SHIT!

Eve finally stopped laughing and took a deep breath.

"Eh... Good times. But yeah Matt, the bass is still there so-"
Just then, she turned her head to the hallway and ran behind a huge speaker.

I looked back and asw Adam walking over to me with a huge grin on his face. He looked like a killer! It was creeping me out, so I shined a light on his face. He quickly looked down and squinted his eyes.

"Ugh that hurt! Have you seen Eve around here?"

WHAT?! Why is Eve hiding from Adam? Are they playing Hide-and-Go-Seek? AND THEY DIDN'T ASK ME TO PLAY?!
I LOVE that game! Ugh! I always win!

I thought about it for a minute and realized this probably isn't the case here.

"Um... no, Adam... I havn't seen Eve."
Hopefully he didn't see through my lie. I doubt he did.

"Oh... Okay... It's just I thought I heard her voice. I really need to talk to her. There is something I need to tell her and... yeah..."

Wow. Adam looks so sad right now. It kind of makes me want to tell him that Eve is behing the-
I glanced over to the speaker and saw that Eve was gone. How the FUCK did she leave?! I didn't hear a thing! What am I going to do now with Adam here looking all sad? Ugh this sucks. I didn't even get the bass out of Eve's car...

~In Evelynn's Point Of View~

I shouldn't have left. The look on Adams face... ugh!! NO! He shouldn't get a look like that when he's thinking of me! It's just me. I'm no one special...

I let out a sigh.

I guess I should go get Matt's bass. It's the least I can do for leaving him like that alone with Adam.

I sighed again.


Oh Adam...


Why me?

I started walking out towards my car and then I stopped at the sight of a familiar face moping around the parking lot.

"Patrick? Is that you?"

The shadowed figure looked up and smiled.

"Hey, Evelynn."
He sounds so unsure when he says my full first name. I walked over to him. Maybe talking to Patrick can help me get my mind off of things.

"What are you doing out here in the dark, Eve?"

"Oh, I'm getting a bass guitar out of my car that Matt needs."

"The one he used to pick up girls with Adam?"

"My gosh. How do you know about that?"

"Pete told me. I guess Mikey told him, Gerard told Mikey, and Adam told Gerard."

It sounds like something Adam would do. He can't resist sharing a funny story. I laughed lightly to myself. I found it hard to smile with Adam on my mind.

"Enough about me. What are YOU doing out here in the dark, Patrick?"

He looked at me and pulled down his hat.

"I uh... came out here to get a drink..."
He said sounding unsure of himself.

"Outside?" I asked.
I guess he needs time to think too.

He sighed.
"Alright, you caught me..."

"Mmhm. What's the real reason you're out here, if you don't mind me asking."

Patrick looked away and pulled down his hat even more.

"Something wrong, Patrick?"

"It's just..." He sighed again.
"You don't want to hear my troubles. I should go."

I frowned.
"Of course I want to know. That's why I asked. Come on now. Spit it out."
I said trying to comfort him.

He groaned.

"You know your friend?"

"ADAM?!" I asked in shock.

"No, no. Not Adam. Your other friend."

"Matt?"

"No..."

"Um... the other Matt?"

I looked at Patrick who still had a dissapointed face. Even moreso than before. I decided to continue guessing names.

"Mark? Eddie? Gerard? PETE?"

"That's not right. Guess again, I guess."

"ADAM?!"

"Adeline..."
OH! That's who he was talking about. Why didn't I think of her sooner?

Ha. I feel kinda stupid now. I guess this is just because I... WAIT! Does he like her?

"Sorry it took so long for me to guess. Do you like her or something?"

A small smile crawled across his face as his cheeks tinted red.

"Well, you might think it's stupid..."

"No I won't." I said with a smile.

"Well, It's just that... I..."

"Do you like her, Patrick?"

"Well... It's like... I... yes..."

Oh! He does like her!
That's so cute that he's shy about it. Ha wait until... woah! He likes her... and she likes him... this is just...

...wow...
Sign up to rate and review this story