Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Sunkist And Ice Cream

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Holli gets an ice cream and a whole lot more.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-15 - 1618 words - Complete

0Unrated


Holli just finished her shift at the Sunkist plant in Chicago. She didn’t like it, but she did get free Sunkist. The afternoon was hot and humid. She liked the summer, but not the humidity. Walking up her street she seen a bunch of children. Must be the ice cream truck. She thought to herself, today would be a good day for an ice cream cone.

She waited in line sweating. When she got to the front she seen a pair of gorgeous green eyes.

“How can I help you?”

“Uh, do you have a special?”

“Yes we do. Grand Theft Almond. It’s chocolate with almonds.”

“I’ll have that.”

He went to make her an ice cream cone.

“Here you go.”

“Thank you.”

She paid and was about to walk away.

“I usually don’t do this, but would you like to go out sometime? She asked.

“Sure. I’d love to. What about tomorrow?”

“That would be perfect.”

“I’ll pick you up at 6:00.”

“Okay. I live in the grey house at the end of this block. Oh, and here is my phone number.”

She took out a pen and wrote her number on the palm of his hand.

“I guess I should ask you your name.” She laughed.

“Patrick. And yours is?”

“Holli.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

By the time Holli got home her ice cream was almost gone and she had a smile on her face. Closing the door she whispered,

“Patrick.”

~The Next Day~

Holli finished dressing when the doorbell rang. She went to answer it.

“Hi, Patrick. Why don’t you come in. I’m just about done.”

“Alright.”

He went into the living room and sat on the couch.

“Okay, I’m ready.”

He stood up.

“I really didn’t think of anything to do. Do you have any ideas?”

“Well, the carnival is in town. Would you like to go there?”

“That sounds like fun.”

Holli and Patrick went to his car and he drove to the carnival. They walked around and found a place to sit down.

“What would you like to do?” Patrick asked.

“Um, how about we go on some rides and then get some greasy carnival food.”

“My type of girl.”

Holli blushed. Patrick and Holli went to the ticket booth and got tickets for the rides. After a hour riding the tilt-a-whirl, scrambler, roller coaster, and even the merry go round, they went to get something to eat. They got hot dogs, fries, and a couple of cokes.

“Want to sit here?” Holli asked.

“Yeah, looks nice.”

They sat at a table out of the sun.

“I hope you are having a nice time?”

“I really am. This week has been stressful.”

“It can get stressful in the ice cream business?” Holli smiled.

“Very funny. No, well, yeah. When you have 20 kids wanting their ice cream right away. But that’s not the reason. Right now, being the ice cream man doesn’t pay well.”

“Is there anything else you want to do?”

“I graduated last year with a degree in marine biology. The zoo is taking applications tomorrow. I’m a little nervous. I really want to work there.”

“It sounds interesting. I would like a new job. Right now I’m working at the Sunkist factory. It’s alright. Just not the dream job.”

“What would you like to do?”

“Something with making web designs.”

“I hope you can find a job.”

“Thanks. I do have a friend who is keeping an eye out for me.”

“Good. Since your done, do you want to play some games.”

“I’ll try. But I’m not too good.”

“Like I am. These things are all fixed anyway.”

Holli laughed.

@~

Patrick walked Holli to the door.

“I really want to thank you for winning the teddy bear for me.” She smiled.

“Who knew I could throw a baseball that good.”

“You should try out for a baseball team?”

“You’re a funny one. So, can I see you again?”

“I’d like that. I really had a nice time with you.”

“Same here. Would you like to go out tomorrow?”

“Sure. 7:00 be alright?”

“Great. See you then.”

Holli kissed him on the cheek and walked into her house.

~1 year later~

Holli and Patrick had been dating for a year. Patrick got his job at the zoo and a few months later Holli got a job making web pages. Things were going perfect. Almost too perfect. And that is when Holli was called into the office of her boss.

“Mr. Sully, I was told you wanted to see me.”

“Oh, yes. Have a seat Holli.”

Holli sat down with a worried look.

“Don’t look upset. This is good news.”

She smiled.

“You have been here for almost a year and in that time you have shown amazing progress. You are one of our top designers.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“We have an office in Ohio that is just starting up. I would like you to go there.”

“For how long?”

“It would be a permanent job. We would pay for your moving expenses, to look for a place to live, and your pay would be higher.”

“That’s an amazing opportunity. Could I think about this?”
“Sure. I would like to know your decision by next week.”

“When would I leave?”

“As soon as you say yes. We really need someone there.”

“Oh, I’ll think about it and give you my decision soon.”

“I know it’s a big decision.”

“Yes, it is. Thank you, Mr. Sully.”

Holli went back to her desk. She looked at a picture of her and Patrick. She didn’t know what to do. It would really help her career. Holli finished the day and went to Patrick’s. He was making supper for her. When she left work she knew what her decision was going to be.

She knocked on the door.

“Hey, Holli.” Patrick kissed her.

“Come in.”

Holli walked in and sat on the couch.

“How was your day?”

“Patrick, I met with Mr. Sully. He’s my boss.”

“Oh, is everything alright?”

“Yeah, great. Well, kinda. I need to talk to you. He offered me a job in Ohio.”

“Your not going to take it are you?”

“What? You haven’t heard about it. You want me to stay here?”

“Of course. You’re my girlfriend. Do you know how far Ohio is from Chicago?”

“I know, but this is a great opportunity for me. I would be head of the web designers.”

Patrick stood up and went to look out the window.

“Have you said yes?”

“No, but I am. I’m sorry.”

“What about us?”

“I don’t know.”

Holli walked to him and wrapped her arms around his waist and put her cheek to his back.

“I could try and see you from time to time. But you know how well that isn’t going to work.” He said.

“I don’t want to lose you.”

Patrick turned into her arms.

“Baby, what do you want me to say? We can try it, but I know what is going to happen. I’m sorry if I can’t be happy.”

Holli let go of Patrick.

“I’ll make this easier on both of us. It’s over. There. I’ll send your stuff that’s at my place tomorrow. Goodbye.”

Patrick watched her leave.

The next day Holli talked to Mr. Sully and started packing. She would be leaving by the end of the week. She spent her time packing up her house. She sent Patrick’s belongings to his house. He called but she never answered or called him back. Her last night in Chicago she called him.

“Patrick, it’s Holli.”

“Do you think I forgot your voice. I never will.”

“I’m leaving tomorrow.”

“Good luck. I’ll be thinking about you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I would probably have done the same thing. You take care of yourself. I love you.”

“I love you too. Can I call you?”

“Of course. I want you too.”

“Okay. I’ll call you once I get settled. Bye.”

Holli hung up the phone and the tears started to fall.

~1 year later~

“Holli, you have a visitor.”

“Okay. I’m free now.” She pushed answer on her intercom.

The door opened and she looked up. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Patrick! What are you doing here?”

She got up and ran into his arms.

“I missed you. How are you doing?”

“Okay. Busy. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”

“I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“Well, it is. Here, sit down.”

They sat down on a couch that was in her office.

“Nice office.”

“Thanks. A little big for me.”

“I have some news.”

“Oh.”

Holli knew Patrick started dating about 6 months ago. She prayed it didn’t have anything to do with her.

“Well, I broke up with Kathy. We weren’t right for each other.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. There is someone else I’m in love with.” He smiled at her.

“Really? And who would that be?”

“This really amazing girl I met a few years ago and I let her go.”

“You always had my heart.”

Patrick took her hand.

“I’m moving here.”

“Patrick, I don’t want you to give up your job. That’s not fair to you.”

“No. I got a transfer for the Marine department at the zoo here. I start next week. Do you know any good apartments?”

“I may know one.”

Holli leaned over and kissed him.

“I love you, Holli.”
Sign up to rate and review this story