Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Different Kind of mission

Ramen doesn't go with everything

by thebrokenme 0 reviews

Cont...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Iruka,Kakashi - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-06-21 - Updated: 2008-06-21 - 2435 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Ramen doesn't go with everything
Disclaimer: Still a Shoneni-ai, and is still going to have some maleXmale action going on, so watch out FF.net.
On Another Note: Ok, so I re-read through what I posted last time, and only had three spelling mistakes, and a few run on sentence's in the first chunk of writing, so...I think I did okay! And thank you for the reviews guys! I love to hear from you to make sure I'm giving you the kind of story you want to hear. And again, Kishimoto-Senpai is still stubborn as ever. As sad as I am to say it, Iruka, Kakashi, or Naruto as a whole are still not mine...yet.

And has anyone else noticed I'm doing the story more from Iruka's point of view?? O.o That should change in this chapter...or i'll try to balance between the two.
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

The walk to the ramen hut was silent between the two Shinobi; an awkward feeling settling within the both of them. Kakashi, however, could easily mask the feeling, appearing as steady as a leaf, almost as if nothing could faze him. Iruka on the other hand, was a complete mess. Glancing nervously at the older male, finding that his sudden 'treat' out was too suspicious and was out of Iruka's comfort zone. The young teacher thought he had the Jounin all figured out, from his weird habits, to the reason he reads those damn books. And yet, here he was on a...dare he say date? With Kohana's most dilatory, lecherous ninja ever to roam Fire Country. And what was with Kakashi calling him cute?! Never in his life had he been put under any sort of category that involved sharing it with fluffy bunnies and puppy dogs. It was a disgrace to his manhood!
Then...why did he feel all flustered when he thought about it? And how was it that Iruka didn't punch the man's lights out for being called such a degrading name. These where true mysterious in them self, and there was not nearly enough time in his lunch break to figure them out.

Finally reaching Ichiraku ramen hut, Iruka had desperately pleaded with any God that was listening to have the lunch rush finally set in so that he didn't have to be alone with the Jounin. A look of pure hate touched his handsome features, glaring at the hut in animosity; his wish had not been granted. In fact, it was the opposite of what he wanted. The stand was completely bare, minus the chef and his daughter who eagerly awaited any customers.

Grumbling under his breath before it hitched in the back of his throat, as a firm gripping hand wrapped around Iruka's forearm; yanking the reluctant man into the hut.
"Good after noon, Iruka-Sensei...Kakashi-Sensei..." The elder male bowed to both men before a faint unnerving smile touched his lips.
"Its not very often we see you here, Kakashi-Sensei, let alone with Iruka..." A childish smile touched the Scarecrow's hidden mouth, his torso vibrating from the suppressed chuckle.
"Yes, its been awhile...and I figured that the teacher of Kohana's future Shinobi should take some time off to eat, so he may continue to put up with the 'bundles' of joy." An almost mocking tone coated the silver haired male's every word, causing a threatening growl to vibrated through Iruka's throat. The hut manager let out a soft chortle, waving a hand in dismissal as he motioned the two to have a seat.
"Ah, yes...I know what you mean Kakashi-Sensei..." A distant giggle slipped past the ramen hut owner's daughter, attempting to hide the flush of crimson that stole across her fair complexion.

Once the two Shinobi had ordered their ramen, another unsettling silence set over them. Kakashi shifted on his stool, trying to find any sort of conversation to start with the golden tanned dolphin that sat beside him; playing with his chopsticks in an absent minded manner.
"So, Iruka-Sensei..." The older male's clear soothing tone lingered in the air for a moment, as the Chunnin slowly gazed up at him with a blank stare.
"Hmm?" A single tug pulled in the Copy-nin's chest, feeling suddenly uncomfortable, though played it off with a smile.
"I-" Again, cutting himself short, he wanted to stay off the topic of Naruto or anything to do with a ninjas life, wanting to focus on Iruka and him alone.
"Tell me Sensei...what do you like to do in your spare time?" Dumbstruck at what the older male was asking him, Iruka's creamy brown hues rested on the Scarecrow for a moment longer, raising a slender hand to scratch the length of his scar.
"I...I don't know...that's a little..."
"Un-expected? I know...but...I would like to get to know you better...Iruka-Sensei..." Dark orbs snapping up to lock gazes with the silver haired man, the Chunnin couldn't fight back the blush that spread across his cheeks, finding his throat suddenly dry.
"Ka-Kakashi....I-I'm flattered that you would want to know more about me...you of all people..." He mumbled the last part out, averting his gaze quickly in shame.
"I thought...you hated me..." Arching a slender brow at the brunette's confession, Kakashi found himself speechless, which was something rare upon the special-nin.
"Iruka...how could I ever hate you? What would my reasoning be..." Iruka wasn't still hung up over the Chunnin exam's, was he? Again, a guilty reaction as the young teacher's shoulders slumped forward; the blush only darkening.

Expecting a bitter response, Iruka was pleasantly surprised when the soft snicker of laughter touched his ears. Shifting his gaze to the older male, a slender smile formed upon his luscious lips, watching as Kakashi covered his already masked lips with the back of his hand.
"Iruka-Sensei...are you serious? Over a silly disagreement as whether Naruto was ready or not?" He knew very well he said he wouldn't go down the subject path of Naruto, but if that was the reason for their minimum to non-existent relationship, then of course he was going to straighten the younger male out.
"It was a clash of opinion's...nothing more...I hold the highest respect for you and what you do...but seeing as they are my students now and I've watched their skills improve, its only fair I get to call whether they are ready or not..." His trail of thought running short when the Chunnin's eyes glinted with a newly lit fire, almost as if he were blood lusting; for the Jounin's blood, no less. Kakashi arched a slender brow before putting both hands up in defense, chuckling nervously for his own expense.
"D-don't get me wrong, Iruka-Sensei...of course your opinion matters as well, but I knew they were ready for this...and besides, it was their decision in the end...and they made that decision on their own...with my guidance of course..." The famous vein that Iruka was known for began to throb violently upon his forehead, giving a certain Scarecrow a death glare, which in its own could strike fear into the most ruthless of Shinobi. Before Kakashi could continue digging himself into an early grave, their food arrived causing Iruka to shift his attention ahead of him and down at his food.
"Arigatou..." He mumbled faintly, breaking the wooden chopsticks apart before eating his meal in silence. Kakashi knew he had screwed up and that when the topic involved his students it could lead to no good. Exhaling a weary sigh, the copy-nin reluctantly turned away from the man of his infatuation to stubbornly poke at his ramen in a childish manner. Iruka quickly caught on to the action, stopping in mid slurp as ramen noodles hung from between his pressed lips. All the air in his lungs exited through his nose in a tiresome manner, biting off what was already in his mouth and swallowing the hot substance before turning his attention to the pouting Jounin.
"Look, I know very well that they are your students, but...Naruto is like...a son to me...or more like the annoying little brother I never had..." Chuckling in his own amusement, the brunette haired male rubbed the bridge of his nose in the nervous habit he had acquired over the years.
"That's why I get so defensive about it sometimes...not to mention that we've both had a trying childhood, and he's still not out of the woods..." His words seemed to fail him, holding back unshed tears; not wanting to make a scene.

Kakashi's back stiffened, not even inhaling the sweet aroma of his ramen when Iruka first started talking. He watched the young teacher with caution, not wanting to make a false move in fear that it would all blow up in his face. The slight cracking and vibrations in the Chunnin's voice was the Copy-nin's first clue to how emotional the subject was to other male; finding himself torn in what to do to console him. He had started this. He had caused Iruka's sudden heart ache and pain, and Kakashi would do everything to take it all away. Shifting closer to his dolphin, using the word 'his' very carefully [not wanting to scare the male off with his possessive side], Kakashi rested a gentle and reassuring palm to Iruka's shoulder, offering the brunette his best smile.
"Gomen nasai, Iruka-Sensei...I shouldn't have even second guessed you...you're right. You know Naruto much better then I ever will, but...I know his limits better then you. I've seen him in combat or when on a mission. I can see the passion in his eyes, and I know he can do whatever he wants if he puts his mind, body and soul into it. And with you here for him, so he always has a friendly face to come home to, I'm positive he will become the best Shinobi Kohana has ever seen...its all because of you..." Allowing the words to set into the younger male's mind so that he could grasp it, Kakashi had moved slightly closer, his arm now wrapped around Iruka's shoulder.
"With that in mind...you are going to have to give him space, allow him to grow and expand his boundaries. Without Trial and error, he will never learn. As much as you want to hold on to him...you have to let him develop, and as the proud big brother you are...I'm afraid you are going have to step aside and watch him from the side lines..." Iruka hated how Kakashi could use his words. And yet, every single one of them was true. The Chunnin wished he could keep Naruto within his sights so that he could protect him if he were ever in danger. But if he were to do that, then Naruto would never reach his dream, and that would just eat at Iruka forever.
"Thank you...Kakashi-Sensei..." He sniffled slightly, using the sleeve of his shirt to wipe the warm salty liquid from his cheeks. It wasn't until his chocolate gaze met with the single blue orb that seemed to sparkle in amusement, did the young teacher realize how close they were sitting to each other. In a quick moment of panic and sheer embarrassment, Iruka attempted to push back from the grey haired male; arms flailing around in a mad frenzy as he smacked his still fully filled bowl of ramen.

Watching in horror as the steamy contents of the bowl landed on the top of Kakashi head, his eyes almost bulged out of their sockets; jumping to his feet as he screamed.
"K-Kakashi-Sensei!!! I-I'm so sorry!!!! Gomen nasai!!! L-let me get you a towel, some napkins...or-oh shit! Its hot!!! Ice water!! P-please!!! We need ice water and-" Kakashi blinked in confusion, unsure of what just unfolded in those split seconds. Watching as Iruka's head was about to burst, he waved a hand in dismissal, his once silver locks now tinted an odd reddish colour [not to mention he was now sporting a head full of ramen noodles].
"Iruka-Sensei...please...its fine..." The faint distressed tone in his voice not helping the young teacher in any manner, as Kakashi tried to fight back the urge to cry; the soup base had been extremely blistering.
"I've had worse...trust me Iruka..." Laughing faintly in attempts to lighten the Chunnin's now dampered mood, Iruka managed to crack a smile, chuckling despite himself.
"I really am sorry Kakashi-Sensei...if there is any way I can make this up to you-" Words cut short as the overly eager and slightly too cheerful Jounin spoke in a chipper manner; despite the current situation.
"Have dinner with me..." Again, the brunette had been caught off guard by the Scarecrow's forward behaviour, though found himself nodding before thinking the scenario out thoroughly.
"S-sure...Kakashi-Sensei...I-I would like that..." Seeing the almost ridiculous grin hidden under the now drenched miso flavored mask, it took all of the Chunnin's will power not to laugh at his superior. Giving the younger male a playful growl, Kakashi had found himself laughing out loud within seconds, only to have Iruka join him.
"You know...Naruto is wrong about something..." Iruka stifled his laughter, composing himself before grinning. Giving him a questioning look as he watched the slender hand of the younger male reach out to the top of his head.
"And what's that?" A curious tone lingering on his words as he felt a few noodles being pulled from his soppy hair. Pulling his hand back, Iruka examined the noodles for a moment before tossing the Jounin a playful smirk.
"Ramen doesn't go with everything..."

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Authors Note: Alright!!! Woot woot!!! Another chapter done!!! :3
And just to throw a small language lesson into this, because I believe in learning through your writing or reading...
Gomen nasai = I'm very sorry
Arigatou = Thank you

And I'm sure to have more Japanese in the next post which will either be their...date...-looks wildly around to make sure Iruka doesn't hear me- or the day before...I haven't quite decided...but...

And can you believe that my set back in this chapter was the conversation between them? Only with the help of noodles, continuous breaks, and pounding my head on my computer desk did I finally booker through and find some dialogue. Yeah...I know...the infamous writers block...I kicked its candy ass this time. O.o Hopeful I can do it for the next ten or some chapters. XD
Please review!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story