Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Different Kind of mission

Say what?

by thebrokenme 0 reviews

Cont.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Kakashi,Iruka - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-06-21 - Updated: 2008-06-21 - 1177 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Say what?
Disclaimer: Again...still a Shoneni-ai between Kakashi Hatake and Iruka Umino...and as traumatizing as it is for me...I still don't own Kakashi or Iruka...though I DO own a very squeezable Kakashi replica doll that I love oh-so-much! =^-^=
Anywho...on with the story! Hope you guys like it!!!

I may be throwing in a bit of Naru/Sasu shoneni-ai...depending on how I feel. I've only read one fan made manga about them and thought they were a cute couple, and ever since the kiss in the anime done by Kishimoto-Senpai.
He had it coming.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

It had been a relatively quiet afternoon after the whole fiasco at the ramen hut, which, to a very red faced Chuunin, was still mortified at the incident. It was either that or the fact that Sharigan Kakashi, the one and only, had invited the lowly ranked Iruka out on a...'date.' Of course the dolphin wouldn't let their rank difference ruin a perfectly good dinner. He was more then willing to join since he had nothing better to do, but he would remember his place; considering just who the superior he was dinning with was. Suddenly the word he had chosen to describe his evening to come with the ex-ANBU made the already flustered Chuunin go another shade deeper.
What the hell am I saying!?! A date?!?! It is most certainly not a date. I mean...we're both men! How...why would he...its just...its not ethical. Besides, I highly doubt the great Hatake Kakashi is into men....
Having gone deeper into the rabbit hole of his mind, Iruka made it quite clear to himself that there was no winning.
Its just a friendly meeting between one another, nothing more.

Finding that the hard part of his self pep talk was over, the young tanned male could get back to more important things and more forth minded tasks; taking care of his rampant class. After dodging a few airborne kunai and a few paper wades, Iruka got his game face on, gritting his teeth in order to keep his cool before yelling over the loudly aroused students.
"Alright! Pop quiz!" The sound of whining and moping music to the Chuunin's ears.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"NARUTO!!!!!!" The booming howl of an overly pissed Sakura bellowed throughout the training grounds of the Kohana forest, leaving both Sasuke and Naruto slightly deaf.
"Geez Sakura, way to blow my ear drums..." This comment rewarded by a solid smack to the top of the blonde male's head. Naruto cowarded away from the pink haired girl while rubbing the offended area and whimpering in protest.
"Not like he didn't deserve it..." Mumbling under his breath, though more then shrieked as Sakura took a threatening step towards him.
Sasuke simply snorted in disgust, loathing the girl's interruption.
"Dobe." Muttering in his usual sulking manner, the angst teen turned his back on the two while they waited for their Sensei to arrive.
An hour passed before a poof of smoke came from up upon a branch. Perched over while sitting on his heels, a familiar orange book in hand, Kakashi non-chanlantly waved at the three young Genin before muttering a simple 'yo.'
"YOU'RE LATE!!!!!" Putting their difference's a side, as Naruto and Sakura yelled in unison. The copy-nin simply stared down at the two, quite surprised by their out burst.
"Well, you see...I woke up this morning and realized my hair was grey..."
"LIAR!"
"An old lady needed help with her groceries, so I..."
"LIAR!" Again, the two young teens yelled, their fists clenched as they shook with anger.
"...A little girl's cat was stuck in a tree..."
"KAKASHI-SENSEI!!!!!" Sighing in defeat, the scarecrow snapped the little book shut before leaning forward, teetering on the branch as if he were ready to fall off.
"I was lost on the road of life..." His eye lid arched in it's usual manner, giving the two Genin a hidden smile before allowing his lithe form, with the grace of a cat, to drop to the ground; landing solidly on his feet.
"Alright...shall we begin?" Naruto released a heavy breath, allowing his shoulders to slump forward as he smiled.
"Finally...now time for some serious training..." Giving the orange clad boy a questioning look, Kakashi was slightly surprised as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"And who said what we've been doing for the last while wasn't serious training..." Groaning, Naruto placed his hands behind his head, his bottom lip poking out in his famous pout.
"Yeah, like weeding gardens and finding run away cats can be considered as 'serious' training. Come on Kakashi-Sensei! When are we going to get to the cool missions, where I swoop in and save the princess and show Sasuke up!" Both boys gave each other a death glare, the electricity between them visible. A nervous laugh vibrated through the copy-nin's chest, raising his hands in defense before smiling.
"Now, now...those tasks help you form discipline, its not always about going head first into a battle. Without the proper-"
"Yeah, yeah, Kakashi-Sensei, I've heard it all before from the old man and Iruka-Sensei...I don't need it coming from you..." Caught off guard at the mention of Iruka's name, Kakashi cleared his throat, turning slightly at an angle. The scarecrow muttered something under his breath before smiling in his chillingly cheerful manner.
"Alright then, if you want a serious mission, then that is exactly what you are going to get." Even Sasuke's jaw twitched slightly in awe at the older male's words, baffled by the sudden change of attitude.
"Really, Kakashi-Sensei!?!? You mean it?!?!" The blonde haired boys eyes sparkled as he gazed up at the grey haired male. Nodding, Kakashi bent forward by the hips to reach Naruto's eye level.
"But of course. Would I ever lie to you?" Giving his teacher a skeptical look, the young boy didn't answer before crossing his arms over his chest.
"So...what's the mission."
Only once or twice in the young Genin's life did they see there Sensei chuckle, causing the three to worry for his sanity and their safety. Trying the best to stifle his laughter, Kakashi could feel his body trembling in his efforts, before regaining his composure.
"Your mission is quite simple..."

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Author's note: So...I was going to add more, but I really want to get to the...[looks wildly around to make sure Iruka-Sensei is not eavesdropping] 'date' between our two main men. I know Iruka-Sensei will catch me one day talking about him...lets just hope its later rather then sooner. =^-^= When, you know...him and Kakashi-Sensei are...[Glances over shoulder before whispering] 'together' as one...quite literally too. Hahahahaha!

I wanted this chapter to be a bit longer, having Team 7 carry out their mission and all, but I'll just have it in the next chapter before the 'Dinner Date.' Hope you guys are enjoying it!
Please review!!! They make me feel all fuzzy inside and make me want to update faster!
Sign up to rate and review this story