Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Super Dad

by Carebear_Assassin 0 reviews

Jacob tells Alana the rules

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-26 - 560 words

0Unrated
I woke with a start. “Alana! Wake up.” My father said banging on my door.

“Are you crazy!” I screamed jumping out of the bed.

“We have to get an early start if we want to get everything done today. Tomorrow you start school.” He said standing there with a smile.

“Jacob if you ever do that again, I can’t be responsible…”

“Just get dressed okay.” He said leaving me to sulk. This wasn’t going to work. I got dressed throwing on Patrick’s hoodie. It smelled like him, and just made me miss him all the more. Jacob was already waiting for me out in his truck. I got into the passenger’s side door and put on my seat belt. “We are going to find you a bed, and then you can pick what color paint you want. Since I have you as a captive audience, we can go over the house rules. 1. You will have a curfew, however if you call and you tell me you’re going to be late I’ll probably let it slide. Just make sure you call before you’re late not after. 2. Your grades are to stay within the A-C range anything lower is unacceptable. 3. You will learn to cook, I saw the way you looked in that kitchen…”

“I know how to cook, I just choose not to.” I said rolling my eyes at him. What do I look like a complete idiot?

“Well you will before you go off to college. That is no.4 you will graduate and go to college. 5. If you are going to have a boyfriend I have to approve of him. That means before you go out on the first date.” He seemed to be thinking. “6. No drinking and no drugs. Stick with these rules and we should be fine.”

“Why all of a sudden do you choose to act like super dad?” I said.

“And that’s another thing, you will call me Dad or something like that. Not my first name.”

“I gave a small laugh, Jacob I can call you what ever I want. You haven’t been a dad to me for the past nine years, why should you get the privilege of being called that?”

“It’s my right, if you don’t like calling me Dad. Then call me Father if you like, but that Jacob thing stops now.” He said pulling into the parking lot of a shopping center. We both got out and headed into the furniture store. I looked over the beds and quickly chose a simple one, then we got a mattress and box spring. They loaded it all up into the truck. I hadn’t said really anything the whole time. Just pointed and nodded to get my point across. After that we headed to the paint store. I tried not to let my mood influence the color for my new room. If I did there was a chance the room would be all black, and though I was a big fan of the color I wouldn’t be able to live in an all black room. I chose dark lavender for my walls and a deep rich purple for the trim. Then we stopped to get some bedding and some extra school’s supplies. Then we headed back to the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story