Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

My Roof My Rules

by Carebear_Assassin 0 reviews

Jacob and Alana fight again.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 1044 words

0Unrated
“Alana!” My father yelled from upstairs. I thought I’d gotten out of doing to work, I’d been sitting down here for about twenty minutes.

“Jacob!” I yelled back as I stood and headed up the steps.

“What did I say about that?”

“I’m not a three year old, I remember what you said.” He gave me this look that let me know that he wanted to turn me over his knee. It’s a good thing I’m seventeen. I looked around my room, they had moved all the furniture out of the room and laid tarps on the floor.

“Could you curb the attitude or you will be painting this room on your own.” Frank said.

“Mind your own business.” I snapped.

“Frank, Alana stop.” Jacob said before he could respond. “Alana grab a brush and start painting.” I looked at Gerard, he was doing some cool designs with the paint.

“Hey that looks cool.” I said walking over to him.

“Thanks, it would look better in the full colors I have in mind.” He said looking at his creation. Slowly the shapes started to look like a picture. It was a girl with long flowing hair, she was wearing a dress that flowed around her body like water.

“Hey you think you can paint a mural for my wall?” I said without thinking. He got this big cheesy smile.

“Yeah, I’d love to. If its okay, you do mean a whole wall right.” I smiled.

“No I mean half.” I said sarcastically. “Yes the whole wall, you do what ever you want just keep in mind the colors I’m already using k.” he nodded and we all went back to painting.

“So Lana, what did you do back home?” Bob asked from across the room, I knew all of them were curious.

“Nothing, mostly just hang out with my friends. My boyfriend has this awesome band and I was their merch girl. Well one of two, my friend Cleo was the other one.”

“You go to concerts?” Mikey asked.

“When ever I can and even sometimes when I couldn’t.” I said I caught my father’s eye. Then quickly looked away.

“What’s that mean?” he said.

“Oh uh… just that sometimes when I had like a cold or something I still went to…”

“Oh so basically that was the reason you would sneak out.” Frank said.

“Frank, why are you here?”

“Cause your father asked for my help.”

“Well I’m un-asking, get out.”

“No Alana, I’m not stupid I had that figured out the moment you said it. Just keep in mind that this house has an alarm so there will be no sneaking out.”

“There wouldn’t be anywhere for me to go anyway.” I said, glaring at Frank.

“Well if its okay with your dad, do you wanna come see us play. We got a gig tonight.”

“You guys are in a band?” I said trying to hold in a laugh. They were not amused.

“You don’t have to come, but there will be a few other bands there. I mean if you don’t like us.” I thought about it. It’s not like I had anything better to do. “Hey what’s the name of your boyfriends band?”

“Fall Out Boy, isn’t it just a bunch of random goodness?” I said they all laughed.

“Well we are My Chemical Romance. Maybe we’ll get a chance to play with them some time.”

“They are my best friends, there’s Pete, who is just crazy and he can write the best lyrics and then there’s Joe he’s like the best guitarist ever…”

“I play guitar.” Frank said.

“Oh well good for you.” I said rolling my eyes. Then I turned back to Gerard. “Then there’s Andy the drummer. He’s…”

“The best we know.” I smiled.

“And then there’s Patrick, my boyfriend the lead singer. His voice is just so amazing.” His tongue can do wonders too. I thought to myself. “I would love that band even if Patrick wasn’t my boyfriend.”

“What was rule no. 5?” my father asked.

“I don’t know, you tell me you wrote it.” I said.

“The boy rule, I have to approve.”

“It doesn’t count mom knows Patrick, we’ve been dating over a year now.”

“My roof my rules.”

“Jacob…”

“Sorry I can’t hear you, I only answer to Dad or father.”

“Jacob…” he started to whistle. I was getting so frustrated and all the guys could tell.

“Dad!” I screamed.

“Yes darling,” he said with a smile.

“Patrick and Mom know each other there’s no way you can say he’s off limits.”

“Your mother left you under my supervision. She has said herself she hasn’t kept an eye on you. So it does count. If you want to date that boy I have to meet him and approve. End of discussion.”

“That is not the end of anything. I’m going to date who I want, when I want. There’s not a whole lot you can do about it.” I said walking up to him.

“I can do this.” He took the paintbrush and ran it across my face, leaving a lavender steak on my cheek. My mouth fell open.

“Have you lost your mind?” I said before I could think the paintbrush was gone from my hand and cold wetness was sopping from atop my head. He had dumped one of the paint cans over my head.

“Do you know how long it’s going to take for me to wash this out?” I said. I wanted to hit him so bad, but I restrained myself. I mean he was still my father. I could hear all the guys laughing behind me.

“Jacob, why must you torture that child. I heard from my bedroom door.” I turned to see Linda.

“Well I can’t spank her anymore she’s too big.” He said defending his actions.

“Come on Lana I’ll help you get that paint out of your hair.” I was so mad I couldn’t speak. I just followed her down the hall to the bathroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story