Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Church of Being Left at The Alter

V

by arquero333 0 reviews

The Church of Being Left at The Alter, Part 5

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 735 words - Complete

0Unrated
I had tried to call Sarah to talk to her, but she didn't answer her phone. When I stopped by her apartment, she didnt answer her door. When I went back the next day, her landlord told me she had dropped of her key that morning and left. That was seven years ago... I haven't seen or heard from her since. I talked to her friends to see if they knew anything, but none of them had seen her since the wedding. After the first two years, I stopped frantically looking. After four years, I stopped looking at all. After six years, I gave up all hope. Now, I'm on the road as the guitarist as Cobra Starship... and I still miss her. I know shes gone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.
"Ry?" I heard Gabe call, snapping me out of my thoughts. I sighed as I got out of my bunk and walked into the kitchen area.
"Yeah?" I tried to act normal... he gets angry when I dwell in the past.
"We're going down to the mall before the show. Yunno, get some groceries and shit we need. Wanna come?" He asked. He was bouncing around. He was always excited when we went shopping. He loved seeing all the different stuff the different towns and states would have.
"Yeah, sure." I went to grab my shoes.
As soon as we entered the mall, I saw Gabe run away into the crowd. I could hear him screaming his way through the mall looking for a store he'd like. I shook my head and, much more calmly than Gabe, made my way through the mall.
Abercrombie... no. Hot Topic... Ill pass. American Eagle... no thanks. Disney Store... maybe later. I continued on passing store after store until I saw it. Build-A-Bear Workshop. I sighed.
Sarah had always wanted to go to one of those... it was one of her life long goals. She loved the fact that you could make your very own stuffed animal, from the animal kind, to how stuffed it was, to what it wore.
I had absent-mindedly wandered into the store. I saw children of all ages running around to pick out what they wanted for their bear, their parents watching them carefully. Thats when I saw him...
There was a little boy, about four or five years old, standing completely still. Not choosing between the crocodiles and the pandas like the other kids, but crying. I made my way over to him.
"Hey, whats wrong?" I crouched down beside him.
"I-I-I- cant f-f-find my mo-mo-mommy." He sobbed.
"Well, lets go find her. Where was the last place you saw her?" I asked.
"Th-th-the store w-w-with all the CDs."
"Okay, lets go." I took the little boys hand and started to lead him out of the store. "Whats your name?"
"RJ"
"Mines Ryland." I smiled.
We walked to the nearest mall map and I looked for stores that sold CDs. I spotted three. There was FYE, CD Plus and HMV. I crouched down to RJs level again.
"Okay, do you know which store it was?" I asked. He shook his head. "What if I said the names, do you think you'd recognize it?" He shrugged. "Okay, theres HMV, FYE and CD Plus. Do any of those sound familiar?"
"Well... I think maybe FYE." RJ mumbled.
"Alrighty." I said as I looked back at the map. FYE was only a few stores down from Build-A-Bear, so that made sense. I could see it from where we were. I grabbed RJs hand again as we started towards the store.
Just as we reached the entrance I could hear a woman calling RJ.
"RJ? Where are you sweetie? Come on, I know you love hide and seek, but Mommys getting worried." As her voice reached his ears, RJs face immediately cheered up.
"Thats my mommy!" He cheered. "Come on." He started leading me into the store. As soon as he saw his mother he let go of my hand and ran towards her.
"Mommy!" He yelled as he ran into her arms.
"Oh RJ honey, I was so worried! I didn't know where you went." She picked him up and twirled him around.
"Its okay mommy! Ryland helped me." He smiled, pointing in my direction. His mom turned to look at me and the look on her face was pure horror.
"S-Sarah?"
Sign up to rate and review this story