Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

I Don't Care

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-07-06 - Updated: 2008-07-06 - 599 words

0Unrated
The ride to school was long and quiet. I was so mad at him for not just letting me stay home. Mom would have, in fact she wouldn’t have even tried to wake me up. Now that I think about it she wouldn’t have noticed that I came in so late either.

“Look I know you’re nervous just remember that we come from a strong line of Sioux Indians who survived worst than the first day at a new school.” He looked at me and smiled. I found my cheeks tug into an involuntary smile as I got out of the car. I stood in front of the intimidating building.

“Lana baby, you made it?” Gerard said walking up to me.

“Yeah, I had a little help,” I said feeling the ends of my damp hair.

“So let me see your schedule.” He said reaching out his hand.

“I don’t have it yet. I’m supposed to pick it up in the office.”

“Oh well lets go get it” he linked arms with me and off we went. The others started arriving and joined us as we walked to the office. I quickly went in and got my schedule.

“Let me see,” Amanda said. I handed it over and they all compared their schedules. “Okay so you have English with Erelin and I. Then you have social studies with Bob and Gerard. You have lunch with all of us so just meet us at the cafeteria and then you have PE with Erelin and I again and math with…” please don’t say it, I thought to myself. “Frank.” She just smiled at me. I rolled my eyes. “Let’s get to class okay.”

I followed them to English class. The teacher looked a lot like Robin Williams in that movie. “Mrs. Doubtfire”. Which made me think about Patrick cause he really likes that movie. Really everything made me think of my friends at him. I lay my head down on my desk as the teacher droned on about god knows what. I must have fallen asleep ‘cause the next thing I knew Amanda was shaking my shoulder.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have stayed out so late last night,” Erelin said.

“I stayed out just as late as the two of you, I’m just not yet used to waking up this early. I haven’t been to school on time in…” I thought for a moment. I couldn’t remember when. “It’s been a couple of months.”

“Well with Jacob in charge that’s going to change,” Frank said coming up beside us with his arm draped carelessly over Jamia’s shoulders. “He used to watch me some times while my mom was away on business and he was not one to let me be late to school. I have a feeling you got a cold shower this morning.” I resisted the urge to touch my still damp hair.

“I didn’t ask you Frank, go away.” I said, then I headed off with Gerard to my next class. “Does he have to take her everywhere with him?” I asked once we were away from the group. I didn’t think anyone had heard me until Gerard answered.

“He’s doing it to get to you, but I thought you didn’t care.”

“I don’t…its just she seems like a poser and she’s always giving me evil looks.”

“I also explained that to you last night. Don’t you listen?” he linked arms with me and we continued to class.
Sign up to rate and review this story