Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Who Died

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-09 - Updated: 2008-07-09 - 908 words

0Unrated
Patrick spoke into the mic. “This is for you babe. For those of you who don’t know. That means Alana.” Then he started singing:

You only hold me up like this
Cause you don't know who I really am
Sometimes I just want to know what it's like to be you
We're making out inside crashed cars
We're sleeping through all our memories
I used to waste my time dreaming of being alive
(now I only waste it dreaming of you)

I watched as Joe and Pete both started doing this crazy helicopter spin, never missing a strum. They were amazing.

Turn off the lights and turn off the shyness
Cause all of our moves make up for the silence
And oh, the way your makeup stains my pillowcase
Like I'll never be the same

You only hold me up like this
Cause you don't know who I really am
I used to waste my time on
Waste my time on
Waste my time dreaming of being alive
(now I only waste it dreaming of you)

Turn off the lights and turn off the shyness
Cause all of our moves make up for the silence
And oh, the way your makeup stains my pillowcase
Like I'll never be the same

I've got headaches and bad luck but they couldn't touch you, no
I've got headaches and bad luck but they couldn't touch you, no
I'm not trying
You only hold me up like this

Turn off the lights and turn off the shyness
Cause all of our moves make up for the silence
And oh, the way your makeup stains
Like I'll never be the same

By the end of the song I was almost in tears. I mean I’d heard it many times that song but it never meant as much as it did just then. They finished their set and I realized it was starting to get late. I had to be home before curfew. Patrick came over to the table and I didn’t even let him say anything I just pulled him into a deep kiss.

“So you liked it?” he asked pulling away, and then I felt it again. That same feeling I got whenever Frank was looking at me. I made my self look into Patrick’s eyes.

“I loved it.” I was sorry that my night was about to end.

“Patrick have you seen or heard from my mom?” I asked. I hadn’t gotten a call, a letter or anything. Since we said goodbye.

“I drove by your old place, but it was empty no one was living there anymore.” he pulled my close, seeing that what he’d just told me. “I’m sure she’s okay, she hasn’t called you?”

“No I haven’t heard anything from her.”

“I’m sure she’s just you know…doing her thing she’ll call.” Cleo said. This is really weird even though my mother and I didn’t see each other much when we lived together. We always knew what was going on with the other. I also had a feeling Jacob knew something that I didn’t. “Come on lets try to have fun for our little bit of time here.” I nodded and then someone tapped me on my shoulder. I looked over to see Frank.

“Alana are you okay?” he asked genuinely.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I said surprising myself by being nice. “Guys sorry to be a party pooper, but I kind-a gotta head back home.” Wait did I just call that place home.

“Come on babe, its still early,” Patrick said, making me seriously reconsider.

“But I promised Jacob that I would be home before curfew, and so did you. I really don’t want him to hold it against you guys that I missed curfew.”

“Who cares you never used to care.” Cleo said I could hear the frustration in her voice.

“It’s different here.” I said trying to explain. “Here Jacob actually makes rules.” I said defending my father. Wait did I just defend my father.

“How ‘bout we take you home and then ten minutes later you sneak out, he’ll never know.” Cleo reasoned.

“Sorry that’s a no go. He has an alarm system on the house. But I’ll call and asked if I can stay a little later okay.” she just nodded. I went outside where there was less noise and called home. “Hey daddy,” I said in my sweetest voice.

“Alana, who died?” he said panic in his voice.

“No one dad every things okay,” I heard him take a relieved breath. “Why did you think something was wrong?”

“Cause you haven’t called me daddy since you were three.” I smiled.

“Everything is fine I was just wondering if… if I could stay later. I don’t have school tomorrow and I really want to…”

“Okay just call when you’re on your way home and no drinking or drugs.” wait did he just. “Is that a deal?”

“Thank you so much and yes I’ll call.” I was so happy, and now its time to have some fun. I made my way back into the club. The other bands were finished playing it was actually time for everyone to pack up. I looked over and Cleo had already finished. I guess everyone was back stage. So that’s where I headed.
Sign up to rate and review this story