Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Memory Lane

by Carebear_Assassin 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-07-18 - 625 words

0Unrated
“I can’t,” he said after regaining his breath. He motioned for me to get back into the car. We were both soaked and you could see my black bra though my yellow band t-shirt.

“I was never back with Patrick,” I said through chattering teeth.

“That’s not why I can’t do this, you’re drunk. You won’t remember any of this tomorrow. I don’t want that to be the way you and I get together.” he paused for a second, “I’m sorry that I didn’t listen to you and I’m sorry that I got back with Jamia just to hurt you.”

“You hurt me real bad, I had finally made a decision…” I could barely say the word. I watched as he tried to hide the laugh that escaped from that cocky smile that was really starting to get to me in a good way. “And then you go and get back with the one person I hate more than anything on this planet?”

“I know I said I was sorry. By the way we broke up after you left the cafeteria that day, I’ve been trying to tell you since then. I was at the funeral, but you wouldn't even look at me.” I took in all that he just said. My head was starting to clear and a dull ache was starting in my right temple. “ Look can we at least call Jacob and tell him where we are?” he asked cautiously. I looked around I didn’t even know where we were.

“Where are we?”

“Acorn Park,” he said. “I used to come here when I was a kid with my dad,”

“Good memories?”

“Yeah, he taught me to ride a bike here, and how to swim,” he said, looking a head.

“My mom didn’t teach me how to swim, or ride a bike. I don’t remember who taught me those things really. I think I just knew them from birth.” I said mirroring his cocky smile as best I could.

“No, you didn’t,” he said then he reached into the back seat and pulled out a big black book. He flipped through a few pages until he came to what he was looking for. He turned it so it was facing me. It was a picture of two kids and two fathers. One was my dad and I and the other was Frank and his Dad.

“How? What?” I didn’t know what to say.

“Before you mother ran with you, your dad and my dad were really good friends. They used to bring us here a lot. They taught us how to ride bikes at the same time, they taught us to swim at the same time too.” My mouth fell open as I started to remember that day.

“I kept falling off, but I wouldn’t quit cause you wouldn’t. We used to fight a lot.” I remembered the small scrapes I got on my arm from that day and my hand went to where they were.

“Some things never change,” Frank said. “I’m going to call your dad and tell him that you are okay, with me alright?”

“Don’t tell him where we are,” I said. He just nodded and started dialing the number. I started looking through the pictures in the book. There was one with my whole family, my mother, father, and me. I looked happy. I looked at my mother’s face. It looked like the smile was straining against every mussel in her face. Then I looked at my dad. He looked about the same. They were pretending for me. They both thought they could provide better for me.
Sign up to rate and review this story