Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Cold Feet

by Carebear_Assassin 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-07-27 - Updated: 2008-07-28 - 421 words

0Unrated
I woke up to my dad shaking my shoulder gently. I must have fallen asleep while doing my home work. “The front door was unlocked when I got home,” he said.

“Sorry I must have forgotten,” I said still half sleep and not realizing that he was actually a little upset about it.

“You can’t just forget to lock the front door. What if someone had come in here and found you sleeping like you were just now?”

“Okay, okay I get it,” I said. He was really getting on my nerves I was ready to go back to sleep. The rest of my homework would have to wait ‘till morning.

“Come on I wanna show you something,”

“Jacob…”

“Hey, I thought we were past that,” he said. I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, Dad. I’m tired and I’ve had a long day. I will probably have to wake up early to finish my homework. So please let me get some sleep.”

“Please come see,” he begged. I rolled my eyes and let him pull me off the bed. Then I followed him down the stairs and out the front door. He walked out from the house.

“Daddy its cold and I’m tired…” I said as my bare feet hit the cold driveway.

“Hold on one minute stay right there,” I did as I was told as he ran back up to the house. “Close your eyes.”

“Dad,”

“You could be out here all night,” I sighed and closed my eyes. “Open them,” I opened my eyes and the house was lit up with white Christmas lights. My mouth fell open, it wasn’t over kill. Just enough to give our house a beautiful glow.

“Dad…”

“I thought you might like if I put up the lights. You used to love it when you were little. Always said it was your favorite part of the holiday, aside from getting gifts.”

“Thank you,” I said, “I used to make my mom drive me around on Christmas eve to look at all the houses. I didn’t really care about the gifts by the time I was ten just the lights.” I wiped the tear from my eye this would be the first of many Christmases without my mother.

“Come on lets get you back into the house,” my father said putting an arm over my shoulder. That very moment just like a scene out of a movie it started to snow. Making the house look that much more beautiful.
Sign up to rate and review this story