Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

I’m Not Grounded, I’m Not Grounded

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-07-28 - Updated: 2008-07-28 - 656 words

0Unrated
I woke up and looked out my window. Snow blanketed the panoramic view. It was really beautiful, but it was also freezing in my room. I grabbed the plush robe that hung on the hook behind my door and headed down the stairs.

“Morning Lana,” Frank said he was sitting in the kitchen just inside the door. I couldn’t tell if there was anyone else here and I immediately regretted not going to wash up before coming down stairs. I was sure my breath stank and I probably had drool on the side of my mouth. I wanted to run back up stairs, but then he would know I was embarrassed and that would just piss me off.

“Morning Frank,” I said and as I rounded the corner into the kitchen more faces came into view, everyone was here Amanda, Bob, Mikey, Erelin, Ray, and Gerard. “Why are you guys here?” I asked.

“What Frank is the only one who gets a good morning?” Ray said. I rolled my eyes.

“Morning everyone, now what are you doing in my house so early on a school day when I’m grounded?”

“Schools closed, and I asked Jacob if you could hang out with us today,” Frank spoke up for everyone.

“I don’t believe you,” I said.

“He let us in the house this morning,” Amanda said.

“That doesn’t mean anything. You could have used to the flower pot key,” Jacob was hell bent on my keeping to being punished this time. Weirdly enough so was I. I wanted Jacob and I to get along, cause lets face it he’s not all bad.

“Here,” Frank said handing me the phone, “Call him,” I dialed my father’s cell phone number.

“Yes I said you were off punishment,” he said when he picked up.

“But I thought…”

“Do you want me to change my mind?”

“Oh no…I was just making sure,” I said.

“Okay, I’ll see you later at home.”

“Alright, bye dad.” I hung up the phone and started jumping around acting stupid. “I’m not grounded, I’m not grounded, I’m not grounded,” I chanted in a sing song voice.

“Will you please go get dressed, we want to go snow boarding.” Mikey said, everyone agreed. I ran upstairs and started looking through my clothes. I realized that I didn’t have any real winter clothes. I mean I had a winter coat, but no sweaters or warm pants. I only had short sleeved T-shirts. I ran back down stairs.

“Uh…guys I have a problem,” I told them about my lack of a winter wardrobe.

“How can you live in Maryland and not have any winter clothes?” Amanda asked.

“Well were I was living, the snow only stuck around until the plow came and took it away. Not to mention, that by the time I saw it, it was gray and gross. It was in the city, mostly just slush. I only spent short amounts of time outside, you know. I’d go into a building from the building to the car and then repeat.”

“You can’t be serious,” Erelin said.

“I’m meant for tropical settings,” I said in my own defense, causing them all to laugh.

“Fine, looks like we will be stopping at my house on the way there. Do you have some jeans at least?” I gave an of-course-I-have-jeans look and left them to go put some on. Then I threw on another random T-shirt. This band was called All Time Low they were pretty good. Then I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, and grabbed my coat. We split into the two vehicles some of us got into Ray’s SUV and the rest got into Frank’s mother’s SUV. I sat in the front with Frank. His hand rested on my knee as we drove out of the driveway.
Sign up to rate and review this story