Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Dark moon.

Empty smile.

by pearlhime 0 reviews

Does it really need a summary?!

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-27 - Updated: 2008-07-28 - 723 words

0Unrated
A/N:Enjoy.


Ichigo heard the smooth baritone voice and flinched inwardly."Father..." said Ulquiorra,he had always regarded their father with a mixture of reverence and hatred,despite being the older man's favorite."Ah,Ulquiorra,my thanks," Aizen said,bestowing a small smile on the black haired vampire."Without you,I fear our family would simply fall apart." Ulquiorra merely shrugged off the compliment,"is there anything else..?" Aizen thought a moment,"not for the time being,no." Ulquiorra ducked his head,"then I will retire to my room,"not taking even another glance backward, he moved swiftly up the steps.


From a quick nod by Aizen,Grimmjow silently left the room,disappearing down a wide corridor that opened up to the rest of the castle,faintly the sharp sound of a door slamming in the distance was heard. Ichigo was left alone."Come, I've some things that I would like to discuss with you," Aizen's tone was normal but there was an underlying falsity to the man's words.They started up the steps, Aizen ahead, Ichigo trailed a step or two below.


At the landing they made a turn to the left away from the bedrooms,and continued up another short flight of stairs which led to half a hallway that contained one door. Aizen pushed it open with the key still dangling from the lock,inside two massive burgandy brocade armchairs were positioned in front of a large maplewood desk. Aizen seated himself behind it and gestured at one of the chairs. Ichigo stepped away from the door and sank down into the one closest to the exit.


Aizen massaged his temples with two fingers,"Ichigo, Ichigo.Why must you insist on running to the human world when it's the most dangerous at this time?" Ichigo didn't raise his eyes."There is plenty of meat stockpiled here,you don't have the need to hunt for food,"explained Aizen. "That's not...it,"Ichigo said in a low voice."Well,what is it then?"


Ichigo raised tortured golden eyes to his creator,"you wouldn't understand." He stood up and sonido-ed out of the room before Aizen could stop him.
********************************
flashback

She had a gentle smile,the rare kind that dispelled the gloom. Her eyes were a soft brown color and Ichigo was proud that he had inherited them. It was his eighth birthday. His mother,Masaki waited patiently beside the school gates,a blue umbrella poised over her head.The rain had fallen steady all afternoon in Karakura. Ichigo upon seeing her, ran across the muddy lot,"careful,"she called out.He reached her and presented her with his biggest smile,"see,I'm fine!" She laughed softly and led him by the hand.


They were crossing on the side of the road, the steep embankment that led to the swollen canal was on Ichigo's left.His gaze wandered and he glanced down suddenly and let out a cry. He twisted out of Masaki's hand and ran down the slope."Stop,Ichigo!" Masaki cried desperately as she raced after him.She never saw the tall dark human shape that crouched at the water's edge,clutching the inert body of a child.


When Ichigo awoke, he was laying in a comfy bed. A man stood by his bedside,"you're awake,"the man said flatly. Ichigo noticed his paper white skin and vivid green eyes,there was also strange black lines on his face. His short jet black hair contrasted sharply with the white upturned collar of his jacket.


A door opened and the man turned,"father, he has awakened." Aizen walked to the foot of the bed and looked at the boy, his expression unreadable then he smiled warmly,"welcome to the family, Ichigo, my son."
********************************


Ichigo kicked the dining chair savagely, how he hated feeling powerless, his mother's killers were out there...those slayers...that girl with the dark eyes...He shook his head."You know, getting agitated isn't going to solve your problems,"said a dry,rather bored sounding voice. Ichigo picked his head up,"Toshiro..." A boy with spiky white hair and ice green eyes similar to Ulquiorra's, had appeared and now sat at the head of the table. He tugged at a thread on his white jacket,"why are you so surprised to see me, brother?"


A/N:still tired.
Sign up to rate and review this story