Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Dark moon.

Traumend.

by pearlhime 0 reviews

I'm not going to put a summary,if you want to read it then go ahead.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Kuchiki Rukia - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-07-29 - Updated: 2008-07-30 - 1016 words

0Unrated
A/N:by the way,traumend means dreaming, I think.


Rukia crept in the open window,her socked feet met the chilly floor and she winced slightly. She went around the dining set and then cast a furtive glance down the hallway,the door to Byakuya's study was ajar and from within she could hear two muffled voices talking.


Praying he and whomever it was visiting at this late hour did not hear her,she darted up the steps as quietly as possible.With any luck she would get away with not telling Byakuya about her exploits till morning,by then she hoped to have an inoffensible excuse that would not hurt his pride.


The door to her room was the first off the landing, she twisted the knob,stepped in and closed it gently behind her. She breathed a sigh of relief, she was safe. The luminous face of the digital alarm clock glowed from its perch on the desk up against the wall,across from that was a cubbyhole style bookshelf. Her bed a low brass affair was situated in the middle of the room. Rukia laid Sode no Shirayuki on the desk and threw herself facedown on the bed.In seconds she was asleep.

********************************
flashback

"Rankle the seas and heavens,Neji Bana!" Rukia turned, the voice whom had spoken belonged to a tall young man with swarthy skin. His blade presumably Neji Bana glowed a dark blue as it flashed across the pallid neck of a male vampire. Blood gushed out tainting the gleaming blade. Rukia plunged her own sword into the abdomen of her opponent,twisted it around and then pulled it out in a sickening shower of guts and intestines. The undead corpse fell on its knees,the ragged hole suddenly sealed as it regenerated the lost parts.


She backed up and so did the man until they were back to back,"who sent you?" Rukia whispered out of the corner of her mouth."I'm from second division," he said,"name's Kaien Shiba. Your...Captain asked me to come and lend you a hand." She visibly bristled,"I had everything perfectly under control." Kaien smirked and his winter blue eyes twinkled,"yeah,I can see that." After that, Rukia did her utmost not to look at him. "Well...if you did have everything under control,it would seem as if you've never fought a level E. Otherwise these two would be ground beneath your little foot," Kaien said calmly.


Rukia shot him a quick look,he seemed serious now."And...since I'm here already I'll teach you an invaluable lesson..." he shunpo-ed and brought Neji Bana down in a solid slash,"the only way to kill a level E is to destroy it entirely!" Blue flames erupted in the surprised vampire's back and consumed its flesh. Rukia watched amazed as the fire spread with each new cut,Kaien gracefully evaded any retaliatory attacks and ended the last screaming vampire's cries with the sharp edge of his sword.


"You're...amazing," Rukia said softly,she was still in awe at the man's skill. Kaien blinked and then smiled(actually smirked)"so...the little Kuchiki princess has been wowed." He slid Neji Bana back into its scabbard,"go ahead," she was confused,"w-what?" He grinned at her expression,"fall at my feet in rapturous praise." Rukia's mouth fell open,"y-you jerk!" She put her back to him and began to walk away. Kaien waited till she was some distance away in the field before cupping his hand to his mouth and yelling,"hey!" She harrumphed,"What!?" He laughed,"aren't you going the wrong way?"


She cursed loudly and turned back, only till Kaien was in step beside her, did she somewhat forget her humiliation by studying him closely. He had black hair stuck up in spikes, blue eyes, and a slightly wide yet firm mouth. he wore an outfit similar to hers in all respects except where she wore a white badge on her left arm-a symbol of lieutenant status, he wore none. 'He must be at least a third seat,' she thought. Those very words she posed in a question to him,"you must be Soi Fong's third seat, I've heard quite a bit about you."


"What gives you the idea,that I have a seated position?" Kaien asked rather coldly."Um...well.
It's just," Rukia mentally berated herself. "Ah,I understand,you think jus' cause someone's developed their abilities a little higher, means they must be high up in their division,right,lieutenant?" She nodded. They had reached the end of the trail,Kaien turned to the left,"that's the kind of shit I don't like." He glanced around realizing that they were going separate ways,"tell,Captain Kuchiki,I said good evening." Rukia started up her own path,"and lieutenant,"Kaien called,"watch yourself."


Later...she found out from Byakuya that Kaien was the fourth seat of second division.'That liar!'she thought grinding her teeth.In a way,he hadn't lied,she just had guessed wrong.

********************************

The sun rose dispelling the night's gloom and Rukia shifted to her side.The bedroom door creaked open, little bare feet pittered on the wood floor.A small girl wearing an oversized pea green t-shirt with a head full of long blondish green hair,launched herself on the sleeping Rukia."Rukia,onee-chan!" the girl cried,"Kyaaaahh!" the target screamed. Wrapping a vise-like grip around Rukia's waist,the little girl happily rolled around as Rukia attempted to free herself,"Nel,let me go!" Nel laughed joyously,"onee-chan's funny," Rukia rolled to the edge of the bed and the two girls crashed to the floor.


"Rukia,"said a quiet voice from the open doorway,she pushed Nel away and looked up sheepishly,"er...Captain,good morning."


A/N:the original chapter had an extra paragraph,but I decided to leave it for the next one.And oh yeah...it is a Kaien/Rukia pairing,after all she and Ichigo do need a base to start from.Yes I also played with the squad Captains ranks.
Sign up to rate and review this story