Categories > Original > Drama > Just How Things Go

The Next Day

by AliceAlexiz19 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-02 - Updated: 2008-08-03 - 807 words

0Unrated
The next day rolled around and I was reluctant to get out of bed. I get up anyway you know you have to make ends meet. I walk to my closet hmm what to wear. Lets see there’s khakis or jeans. Purple or yellow shirt. I cant wait to work there just a little bit longer then I can wear what ever I want and I wont have to worry about a uniform. I settled for the jeans and purple shirt. I get to Roxie’s and she wasn’t there waiting for me. I give her to 10mins. I find myself mounting the steps. I knock no one answer so I pull out my key and go in. I go up to her room and she’s not there I search the whole house and she’s no where to be found. I go to the back yard and there is the blonde swimming in her pool.
“Roxie do you realize that we are late for work.”
She wipes away at her red rimmed eyes and says, “ Crap sorry I got caught up in swimming and doing laps. I’ll go change.”
When Roxie got done getting ready for work we are thirty minutes late.
“Why are you late?” asked Luke.
“Roxie was swimming in her pool and go caught up in the moment.” I said.
“Ah.. Well I wont tell Shurly that you are late because I’m cool like that.” Luke said all gangster.
“Thank you so much Luke. You are the best.” I reach over and give him a big kiss on the cheek. I let go of Luke and head over to a table where these kids messed up these shirts. What I love about this job is that you get discounts on everything. That’s why I only basically have buckle and Pac Sun. Thanks to Roxie.
I take off toward the food court for my lunch break. When I reached the food court someone taps me on my shoulder. I turn to see that it is my other best friend Mandy.
“How was Cali?”
“Amazing and the guys were hot too. There was this dude. We hung out almost every single day for almost the whole month. But at the end of the month he didn’t want to hang out anymore.”
“Does he not have a name?”
“Tony Oller.”
“Man he is fine.”
“Yeah. That reminds me guess who I ran into at a gas station on my way here.”
“Who?”
“Trace Cyrus and Mason Musso.”
“No way.”
“Yeah. I talked to them and told them how you went to their concert and stuff but you wanna know the weird thing.”
“What.”
“They have girlfriends with the same as you and Roxie.”
“Really.”
“You wanna tell me something young lady.”
I tell her the whole story over lunch. I have to run to make it back to work on time. When I walked in Shurly has her eye on me. I look over at Luke and he is shaking his head giving me this disappointed look and is shaking his finger but I knew he wasn’t mad or anything because he was smiling at me. I laugh. I walk over to a rack of clothes that have been knocked off. After awhile of fixing peoples messes I look up and Luke is coming towards me.
“You really need to be more careful with your time.”
“I’m sorry but Mandy came from her vacation and I told her all about you know.” I lean into him, “the Mason thing.”
At that moment Luke’s girlfriend Dominic walked in with her skanky self and marched right over to Luke and flings he arms around him. I turn and gag. I turn back she is giving me this look like stay away his mine and so are most of the men in this town. They turned and left. I’m so glad they left when they did or else I would beat her fat butt. Finally work is over. I need to go get Roxie. I walk over to her store Pac Sun and she’s talking to some dude.
“Hey Rox you ready to go?” I talk over at her.
“Umm… actually I’m gonna get a ride with Kaleb.” she said.
“Well, ok then I guess I’ll see you later then.” I said walking away.
Wow I’ve never rode home with out Roxie it feels weird. Hmmm… lets see what’s on the radio. I turned it on to 69.1 and hahaha what would you know Metro Station is on. I finally get home and suddenly feel really tired. So I lay in my bed and put on my paramore cd. Before I know it it’s already 10:00 in the morning. Thank goodness it’s Saturday.
Sign up to rate and review this story