Categories > Original > Drama > Just How Things Go

Bently

by AliceAlexiz19 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-02 - Updated: 2008-08-03 - 1155 words

0Unrated
Laying in my bed trying to decide what to do with my day I here the words to Burning up.
I’m hot
Your cold
You go around like you
Who I am
But you don’t
You got me
On my toes
I’m slipping into the lava
I flip my phone up and it is a txt from Roxie it says call me.
I punch in her number and I call. Please enjoy the music while your party is reached.
Hey Justin
My name isn’t Justin
Hey it’s Aaron
That’s great
“Hello.”
“Hey why did you want me to call.”
“Brantly is here at red lobster.”
“No freaking way.”
“Ya he is here at Red Lobster.”
“Dude you so have to snap a pic for me.”
“Will do got to get off of here to do that.”
Just sitting here waiting for the picture.
I’m hot
I’m cold
You go around
like you know
Who I am
My phone sings to me. I open my phone and there is the pic that Roxie sent me. I open the pic message. He is sitting a few tables away from her. She calls me.
“Hey thanks he looks smexyfuller than ever.”
“Hahaha I know he’s even better in person.”
“Umm Kaycie you’re never going to believe this.”
“What OMG what just tell me!”
“He’s coming my way OMYGOD!”
“That’s so unfair. You have to talk to him.”
“Hello.” said a semi similar voice.
“Hello” said Roxie.
I sat on my bed quietly listening.
“I’m sorry I couldn’t help but to over hear your name is Roxie. My name is Bently.”
“Nice to meet you.” Roxie said. I can tell she had a smile on her face.
Then all of a sudden the line goes dead. GREAT. JUST GREAT. While I was cussing out Roxie in my head my phone is going off. I look at it and it is Roxie. I answer it and yell.
“How could you hang up on me you you…”
“Wow hold on there lil lady I think you’re telling off the wrong person.”
It’s Bently!
“Sorry I thought it was Roxie.”
“It’s ok. Do you mind if I ask you something.”
What could he possibly ask me (would you marry me, how many kids should we have, do you have a boyfriend, omg what if he did ask that what would I tell him.) I was rudely interrupted with the question, “Isn’t this soooo much better than stocking me?”
I started to laugh at his question. “Yes it is and lets just say you’re not an easy person to follow.”
“Is that a compliment?”
“I have no idea take it like you want.”
After about thirty minutes of all of us talking Roxie’s phone dies before it did we decided to meet up this afternoon at the go-kart track.
I got to the go kart track and Rox and Bently were already there.
“Hey guys.” I yelled over at them.
“Hey.” they yelled back.
“You guys ready to get burned?” I asked.
“No why?” Roxie asked.
“Because I’m hot at this.” I said with a laugh.
“I wouldn’t say that to soon Kaycie.” Bently said.”
“Uhhh why.” I asked.
“Cause I’m THE champ!” he said popping his collar. That caused me and Roxie to laugh.
“You seem so sure your going to win.”
“Because I will win.”
“How about we take a little wager. “ said Roxie with a confident grin.
“Winner takes the two loser out to dinner.” said Bently.
Roxie speaks first, “Your on like mud on a pig.” all of this was sad in a hillbilly accent.
We all shake hands. I take the first kart, Roxie the next one Bently takes the last kart. When the light turns green I floor that petal like there is no tomorrow. Man this track is rougher than I remember granted it is wooden. I was in the lead and it was a three way tie until the very end. Then Bently took the lead. Then it is all him to the finish line. He won the race and showed me and Roxie up.
“You beat us.” I said with a pout.
“Just like I said and who got burned?” he asked leaning towards me.
“The little piggy that’s bacon.” I replied.
“Nope you!” he said waving his finger at me.
“Well you’re real sweet.” I said
“yep that’s why you stalked me right?” he asked.
“Hahaha right.” Roxie chimed in.
“We stalked you because were bored.” I said with a stern look.
“Ok whatever you wanna call it.” he said stretching.
“That’s what I do wanna call it.”
“Where would you ladies like to go to dinner?” he asked.
“Hmmmm well since you’re buying how about Shayrouge.”
“Ooo that place is fancy.” Roxie said with a great thinking look I give her an I know grin.
“Well if you insist I guess I will pick you ladies up at 8.”
“OK.” Roxie said.
We all went our separate ways. Roxie came to my house at 6:30 to get ready. We are wearing the outfits that Trace and Mason gave us. It is now 7:30 and we are ready to go. All of a sudden I hear this noise…
Yo I know the muffin man
I know the muffin man
I’m the only one that knows him
Knows him
Knows him
I look all around to find that the noise is coming from my phone. New ringtone I forgot. I look at the caller I.D. and it’s Mason. I look at Roxie then flip open my phone and say, “Hello.”
“Why hello gorgeous.”
“So Mason what’s up?” I ask.
“Not much here but looking at Trace thumb wrestle Blake so I thought that I’d call you cause I miss you.” he said.
“Awe…Mason I miss you too.” I said.
There is a knock on the door. Crap he’s early.
“What was that.” Mason asked.
“O it’s Roxie she fell of my bed. She’s such a klutz.” I said not ready to tell him the truth that we are going out with Bently.
“O ok.”
“O crap she’s bleeding I better go so I can take care of it.”
“Ok bye.”
“Bye.”
“Who was that.” Bently asked.
“Just Mason Musso.”
“Wait as in the lead singer of Metro Station.”
“Yelp.”
“Man I’ve only met him once through my friend Tony Oller but he seems like a pretty nice guy. How did you meet.”
That made Roxie break out in a laughing fit.
“We meet them at the concert and the rest is a really long story that we don’t care to tell.” Rox said.
“OK. You fine looking ladies ready to go.”
“Sheyea.” me and Roxie both say.
Sign up to rate and review this story