Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Dark moon.

Crossed fates.

by pearlhime 0 reviews

No summary this time.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Kuchiki Byakuya,Kuchiki Rukia,Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-08-03 - Updated: 2008-08-04 - 1915 words

0Unrated
A/N:as promised,chappie six. Enjoy.


"Who's that?" Ichigo asked through a mouthful of red meat. Toshiro ran his fingernail along the rim of his glass creating a thin hollow whine,"that's what I said. Ichimaru just laughed and if it's even possible for that fox's eyes to get any narrower..." he shook his head. Aizen said thoughtfully,"there's thirteen divisions,she's got to be in one of them." Toshiro eyerolled,"well yeah he told me that she's a lieutenant and has lapis blue eyes,as if that's going to help any." 'Blue eyes-?'Ichigo recalled that girl,she might've had those color of eyes..hm but he wasn't sure."Ulquiorra," he said,"what about that girl,the one that was about to kill me when you showed up?" Toshiro gaped,"kill you?" Ulquiorra frowned,"I've no idea what you are talking about.As far as I'm concerned that woman is most likely dead." Aizen smiled,"that's my Ulquiorra," Ichigo and Toshiro stared, trust Ulquiorra to not recollect anything above a corpse. "Hey wait a minute! Ulquiorra you liar!" Grimmjow sqauwked,he had been rather forgotten up until now."I did not lie,Grimmjow," Ulquiorra replied calmly,"in fact you simply had asked if I had brought any of their bodies home."


Ichigo hid a smile,he was sure Ulquiorra had Toshiro beat on the analytical front."That's beyond the point," Toshiro muttered,"if Ulquiorra really did kill that girl then we're screwed." "Well maybe he did maybe he didn't," Aizen said,"either way we've got to make an effort to find her." He drained his glass, "Toshiro, Ulquiorra, I want you two to disguise yourselves and scout around this Karakura town,and Grimmjow, you and Ichigo split up and look around the Tokyo-Yokohama area.Is that clear?" Grimmjow grinned,"yes sir!" This was going to be fun. Ichigo observed the other's fang ridden grin and wanted to disappear into the floor. Toshiro sighed and glanced out the window,"I suppose we're going to have to use the vaccine,since it's probably daylight on the other side."


The black sun vaccine, a clear fluid created by the former scientist Mayuri Kurotsuchi,it enabled creatures sensitive to the sun a safeguard against being burnt up. Aizen had a stockpile of it just in case of an emergency. Toshiro thumped the thin barrel of a long needle and set it against the pale skin of Ichigo's arm,"hold still," Toshiro advised as he pushed the plunger down. Ichigo idly watched Ulquiorra raise his long white sleeve to expose his well-defined bicep,'sheesh and he dosen't even work out like Grimmjow,' he thought. Ulquiorra noticed Ichigo looking at him and smirked 'yeah take a look little brother this is what comes from being a Pansy boy.' "Will you two cut it out," Toshiro muttered,"this is a serious matter!" Ichigo snorted and stood up while Toshiro looked on disaprovingly. Grimmjow leaned in the doorway,"I got our clothes," Toshiro eyed him,"good.Just give them to Ulquiorra." Grimmjow handed a large armful to Ulquiorra who dropped them on the table. Ichigo lifted up the closest item, khaki slacks,he tossed them aside and picked up another this time it was a short sleeve white shirt with a red plaid tie,"uh Toshiro?" "What?" he snapped,Ulquiorra now sat in the chair Ichigo had vacated."Does your disguise include a messenger bag and brown loafers?"


"I look fucking ridiculous!" Toshiro declared as he modeled his(disquise.)Ichigo smiled and suppressed a laugh, the white haired vampire was dressed in the khaki slacks, white shirt and loafers,in other words-high school clothes,he glared hard,"don't you dare laugh!" Ichigo looked away,"of course,nii-sama." Toshiro harrumphed,"hey hurry and come out already,Ulquiorra!" They both thought they heard an unintelligible curse from within Toshiro's bathroom."Come out..or I'm coming in!" Toshiro threatened,"don't forget me," Ichigo added.He started toward the door,and pushed it wide open. For a second neither knew whether to laugh or gasp at the perfect vision of a somewhat pale but still handsome high-school senior.


Ulquiorra glared,the tips of his black hair lightly grazed the collar of his open shirt, his tie happend to be green and matched his eyes perfectly. Toshiro stood back and nodded,"you look...good," Ichigo couldn't believe the transformation,he had a sudden vision of every girl in the school where Ulquiorra would be going to fall over themselves in love over his brother.'Damn if only he would be there to see it!'"Where's Grimmjow?" Ulquiorra asked,Toshiro thought a moment,"he said he was going to change in private without us guys watching him." Someone whistled behind them,"yo!" They turned,"and here he is," Toshiro said boredly.Grimmjow wore an outfit similar to Ichigo's,in other words-civilian clothes.


"I still don't understand why you guys get to wear regular human clothes and we have to wear school uniforms," Toshiro grumbled as they made their way through the courtyard.Grimmjow snickered,"jealous?" he smoothed the front of his denim jacket,"I think I look better than Ulquiorra,what with my casual good looks I'll have that slayer girl at my feet in no time," he said confidently.'Yeah right,'Ichigo thought,lugging all four of their new suitcases.Ulquiorra walked beside him at an easy pace,one hand was wrapped around the thick black and red-scratch that,as Ichigo saw it had a black cover with a torn red ribbon gracing it,it said Eclipse:special edition,'how on earth had Ulquiorra managed to get the special edition?' he wondered. Responding to Ichigo's curious look,he explained quietly that Aizen had given it to him.


Toshiro stopped and gave a quick look back at Las Noches,he had barely gotten back from his yearlong absense and now after so short of a time he was leaving again...at least Ulquiorra would be going with him,not that he was any real consolation.Ulquiorra hardly even spoke a word other than what was absolutely necessary, Grimmjow was irritating in the most extreme sense of the word and Ichigo...well he had his good points despite being somewhat weak in Toshiro's mind.All in all he was rather sad about leaving this place.


At the side gate,they parted. Ichigo handed over two of the matching bronze cases and waited by the posts as Toshiro opened the Garganta portal gate and disappeared with Ulquiorra. Grimmjow didn't watch them leave he was too busy picking his teeth and rubbing his now smooth jaw,"shall we go,little bro?" Ichigo ran his fingers along the seam,the same way Ulquiorra had done it the other night. The window opened out inside of a grassy park,"let's go," Ichigo said.

********************************


Maybe it was the simple philosophy of Nel's that whenever onee-chan woke up in the morning,she was bound to be depressed by whatever visions or nightmares that plagued her sleep nightly,this was the small child's reasoning for sneaking out of her own room across the hall and swan diving on the older girl."Neliel," Byakuya said,completely ignoring Rukia's greeting. Nel stood up and smartly saluted him,"hai,Captain?" A faint ghost of a smile curved his lips,"go downstairs while I have a talk with your sister." While Nel trotted obediantly out the door, Rukia picked herself up.She avoided looking in Byakuya's direction as she straightened out the messy bed covers.


"Rukia,look at me," Byakuya ordered firmly. She sighed and faced him, her hair stuck up cowlick spikes and despite the blood spots gone from her face,he could still see that she had been injured. "Did you get hurt last night?" he asked waiting to see her reaction, her eyelashes fluttered and she couldn't look him in the face as she gave her answer,"no." Byakuya scowled at her,"answer truthfully,I will not tolerate a lie..especially from you." She stood immobile for a moment remembering the events from the night before,"a...a Vampire was attacking a girl.I came across it while patrolling the western part of the town." "And?" Byakuya prompted. She hung her head,"I lost, it got away from me with the help of a another one of its brethern." Byakuya gazed at her,"and the girl,was she bitten?" Rukia thought,"um I don't believe she was." "Hm,then you've done well," he said.'Was he complimenting her? What was going on with Nii-san?'she wondered.


"Anyway, I will be taking my leave for now,and just remember our talk hasn't been finished," Byakuya said. He turned and walked out the door,closing it behind him.Rukia blinked, well that had gone alright,she'd been expecting the wrath of the mighty Captain of division six to descend upon her little head, instead she had gotten the caring brotherly concern of Byakuya Kuchiki.Although she wasn't sure if that was a good sign that her brother was mellowing out,hmm or...She glanced at the clock and let out a scream,it was 7:42am and school started at eight!"Oh nooooo!!!!!" she cried as she rushed around throwing clothes on.That was probably why Byakuya had been so nice to her,it was her first day of school.


The decision had been made back at the Seireitei that slayers like Rukia for instance would be required to attend things like(highschool) to fit into modern society.In Byakuya's case he was allowed to flaunt his extensive knowledge on all things medical by posing as a doctor. Rukia could only grimace at the sight of herself in the grey uniform worn by all the girls at Karakura high. She could only hope that Byakuya wouldn't stay here long.


At the dining table,Nel looked up over her bowl of cereal and said loudly,"Ruki-onee-chan's ready for school!" Byakuya lowered the newspaper he was perusing and shot a quick glance at Hanatarou. The young division four lieutenant blushed and said,"ah,lovely er morning we're having,Rukia-san." She grumbled a reply. Retsu Unohana stepped into the room,"Rukia,Hanatarou,shouldn't you be going?You don't want to be late for your first day,"she chided. "Y-yes!Captain Unohana," Hanatarou said hurriedly,he shoved Rukia toward the front door all the while calling out promises to Byakuya that he would take care of (Rukia-san) as he put it.'Gods,did they think she was that fragile?'


At the school gates,they both looked at each other,it was obvious that they were late,and most likely the wrath of a few teachers would descend upon them. Once inside her own classroom,Hanatarou had a different teacher, Rukia breathed a sigh of relief.It seemed that the teacher was a woman and she was running late herself. As she milled around the room, no one seemed to pay any extra attention to her,she fit right in.Until...a girl with bright auburn hair looked her way and smiled widely.It was Orihime Inoue.

********************************

A/N:yeah,so big brother Byakuya turned out to be Rukia's Captain.Sorry if the part between when they left Rukia's house and got to school was so nonexistent,it's just I didn't want bore anyone with useless detail,also Unohana lives next door and she's the one who takes care of Nel while Byakuya's with his patients. Comments are appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story