Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Light of Love

Awkward Conversations

by demon_kitty2008 0 reviews

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2008-08-05 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 756 words

0Unrated
Sunlight poured into the room as Sesshomaru opened his eyes. The smell of morning dew filled the air. He rose, wiping the sleep from his eyes. He decided to have breakfast with Hikari, if she was even still alive. He quickly got dressed and made his way to her rooms. He quickened his pace the closer he got. He couldn't get the image of her bright blue eyes out of his head. He rounded the corner and ran right into Satomi, knocking the poor old woman right over onto her butt. "Satomi-chan! Are you okay? I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" He went to help her back onto her feet, but found that she had burst into laughter. "Oh Sesshomaru-sama, I'm sorry, but the look in your face!" She rolled onto her side and continued on. Sesshomaru felt his face turn red. Satomi wiped a tear from her eye. "Oh Sesshomaru-sama! I haven't had a good laugh like that in a long time. Thank you very much! I'm assuming you were on your way to visit Hikari-chan?" Sesshomaru helped the old woman up, trying to hide the blush on his cheeks. "Why yes, how is she today Satomi-hime?" She brushed the wrinkles out of her kimono "Oh, she is perfectly fine. I must say she is stronger than I thought. Why I had set out a kimono for her while she was still sleeping and went to get some breakfast for us. By the time I had returned, she had already gotten dressed and was making tea." Sesshomaru couldn't hide the joy he felt in knowing that she was okay. "Oh thank the gods," Sesshomaru then hid his joy behind an emotionless expression, "I was going to take her to view the gardens. Do you think she is well enough?" Satomi shot him a worried look, "Why of course she is well enough. I hope you two have fun. Now I must go speak with your father." They bowed to each other, and Satomi made her way to the lord's rooms. Oh my little Maru-chan, please don't fall for that girl.



Hikari sat there, finishing her breakfast and sipping on some tea. She felt much stronger. Whatever Satomi had given her had done the trick. "Hikari-chan, may I enter?" Sesshomaru stood outside the door, waiting for a reply. Hikari sat there for a second. Why is he here at this time of day? "Yes milord." She sat up, checking to make sure she looked okay in the reflection of a vase. Why do I care how I look? I never have before. Sesshomaru made his way over to her. Once again their eyes met, staring into each other's souls. Hikari finally broke the silence. "Oh, Sesshomaru-sama, w...what brings you here so early in the morning?" Sesshomaru shook his head after a moment. "Oh, uh... well I was wondering, at this time of day the dew is still on the flowers in the garden. Well, and... would you like to go see it with me?" Hikari noticed the blush on his cheaks. Butterflies filled her stomach. This is strange. Why do I feel this way? "Why... w...why I would love to go."


The walk to the gardens seemed to drag on. Neither one spoke, much less looked up at each other. "Se...Sesshomaru-sama, may I ask you a question?" Hikari didn't dare to look up. "Well, I guess. What is it?" Sesshomaru said coldly, trying to hide his embarrasment from earlier. "Well, I was just wondering. Why did you save me? You could have just left me there to die, and it wouldn't have made any difference. You don't have to answer, I was just curious." She kept her eyes glued to her feet, not able to see that Sesshomaru had stopped dead in his tracks. When she finally noticed he was no longer by her side, she turned to him, looking him straight in the eyes. "Hikari, I... I don't know what came over me. Usually it wouldn't have bothered me. But... you were different. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you looked like an angel. I didn't want you to die. I... I didn't want to loose you!" Hikari blushed, not expecting such an answer. "Sesshomaru-sama... I..." He quickly walked past her, regaining his poise, "We must hurry if we are to still see the dew." Hikari stood there for a second. He, didn't want to loose me? "Are you coming?" Hikari quickly nodded, and ran to catch up with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story