Categories > Original > Drama > Just How Things Go

Time

by AliceAlexiz19 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-14 - Updated: 2008-08-15 - 1858 words

0Unrated
“Uh Rox I really hate to tell you this but um Trace is here.” Bently said looking worried.
I look over and there he is. The only people left in the room is me, Bently, and Trace everyone else evacuated. He starts toward me.
“Roxie can I please talk to you alone.” he looks over at Bently. Hoping that he would take the hint and leave now.
“Roxie I’m gonna step into the kitchen and get a drink.” he patted my legs, cleared his throat stood up and goes to the kitchen. Trace sits down next to me on the couch. He is sitting so close to me on the couch that I can feel the heat from his body but I’m not gonna move I was here first.
“Roxie I just want to say that I’m sorry for over reacting about Bently.”
“Well you made it more than it should have been.”
“I know and again I’m sorry!”
“Well maybe I’m not.”
“What!?” he asked confused.
“I was thinking that maybe we need to take a break until you’re done with your tour and we can talk. That’s if you haven’t found someone else.” for the next few minutes Trace just sat there staring.
He finally spoke, “So basically you’re saying you wanna break up?”
“No, Trace that’s not what I’m saying. I just need time to think about things.”
“What in gods name is there to think about?” he asked looking crushed.
“Whether you really wanna be with me because it seems that you don’t really wanna be with me because you already moved on with another girl.”
“You mean my ex Sandra?”
“O it’s an ex because you know that makes things sooo much better know doesn’t it.”
“Wait what a bout you?”
“What about me?”
“You were with that guy.”
“Well that guy just so happens to be a friend I have know since 4th summer but we lost touch and forgot about each other but we are friends again and you can even ask Kay she’s friends with him too.”
“Ya but still.”
“Uh yea but still what?”
“I don’t know Roxie just tell it to me straight do you wanna got out with me or not?” he said in a very serious tone.
“Trace,” I said taking his rough hands into mine. “don’t get me wrong you’re a great guy and like you said your self I’m just not part of your life. So to answer your question yes until you are done with this tour unless you find another girl.” I said in the best way I could.” Trace didn’t say a word he just got up and walked out but he did slammed the door pretty hard. All the sudden I see Kaycie and Mason race down the stairs but I couldn’t see anything else after that I am crying to much. I can’t stand this place any longer. It felt as if the couch is burning my butt. I take off. I run past Bently and out the back door. I barely see Kaycie’s pool. The only thing I still knew that felt right that it’s just really hard to explain how I feel and what it means. I do the most stupidest thing I dive in. I just swim around I must not have heard the back door or close or else I would see the person sitting with there feet in the pool watching me with those careful eyes. It’s is my best friend Kaycie.
“Hey Rox. What happened back there?”
“I broke up with Trace that’s what happened.” I said hoisting myself out of the pool.
“OMG! You two broke up. Why?”
“You should know by now Kayc.”
“Ya well you don’t need him you someone who is there for you more than Trace is.”
“Ya but you know is really like Trace but then I really like Bent.”
“Wow you like Bent? I didn’t know that.”
“Ya well it slipped my mind to tell you.”
“That’s ok because I’m not your personal diary. Lets go get dried off.” she said with a smile. She directed me in the direction of the back door. I think she thought I was going to run. When we stepped into the kitchen Mason was sitting there with Bently. I cant even look at him out of guilt of what I done to his best friend. I steal a quick glance at Bent. He is looking at me but he has a look of sadness on his face. Our eyes met. I only let them met for a sec. We go straight to Kay’s room. I go straight to Kay’s bed and plop down and let out a great big sigh. She sits down on her bed next to me and pats me on the back and says, “You ok?”
“Yea I guess.”
“K let me get you some clothes.”
She walks over to her closet and pulls out her Panic at the Disco shirt and a pair of faded ripped jean. I don’t bother to go to the bathroom incase one of the guys walk in I change right there.
“Well don’t you look like a little hottie.”
“Yelp thanks to you.” I said with a giggle.
“That’s how I do.”
We head out of her room and make our way down stairs Bently is gone.
“Where’s Bently?”
“He left he said he will call you later.”
“O well that’s nice.”
“Well I should be going.” I said heading for the door.
“ok I guess I’ll talk to you later then.” Kay said.
There sitting in the drive way I don’t know how is Mandy. I’m just very thankful for her to be here.
Kaycie’s POV
“I think today is a day I’m never going to forget and not in a good way.”
“Ya me too. I wonder where Trace went?” Mason asked concerned
“Send him a txt or something.”
“I will just to make sure he doesn’t make sure he isn’t doing anything illegal.”
Mason gets out his phone and starts to type. I plop myself down on the couch and turn on the T.V. The first channel I get to is MTV. FNMTV is on I leave it. Mason walks over and sits next to me.
“What the heck are you watching?”
“It’s the Jonas Brothers.”
“You watch them?”
“Uh yea. Come on look at that lead singer Joe...Whew.”
“Hey boyfriend sitting right here.”
I turn to him and give him a kiss. “My bad darling.”
“Man have you seen the lead singer of Metro Station. Whew he is soooo fine that it is inhuman.
“Thank you.”
He leans over and kisses me. The kiss started to deepn when his phone starts to vibrate and it tickles my leg which makes me giggle. He gives me a final kiss then digs his phone out of his pocket. He flips it open. It’s a txt from Trace. His eyes sweep across the screen then he hands me the phone.
I’m on the plane and so is Anthony and Blake. We need to go NOW!!!!
“I’m sorry I need to be going.”
“When will I see you.”
“Not for another four months.”
I walk him to the door.
“Bye” I say lifting myself on my tip toes to give him a kiss.
“Bye.” he mumbles sweetly against my lips.
He walks over to Austin who I just realized is still here. Where did he come from? Weird. They leave. After watching the car leave. I walk back to the couch and sit down. Before I know it my face is engulfed with tears. I’m not going to see Mason for another 4 months. OMG that’s not right. I turn off the T.V and go to my room. I jump on my bed and start to bounce then I take a long needed nap.
Mason POV
Trace does not seem happy when I get on the plane. Most of flight it is silent but I get him to talk halfway there.
“Hey dude so what happened?”
“You know you are so lucky that you wasn’t there to watch the horrific event.”
“I’m sorry was it really that bad?”
“Yea it was.” he said wiping away at his eyes. It looked like he had been crying.
“I’m sorry man. If it makes you feel any better Roxie was bawling her eyes out. We came down after you slammed the door she was crying and she ran outside and jumped into the pool and when she came back in she couldn’t even look at me.”
“God I still can’t believe she broke up with me even if it is just for now.”
“I’m still sorry.”
“Do you think we can be friends still.”
“I don’t know I can ask.”
“Yea.”
I pull out my phone and txt Rox. She replied quickly.
Yes very much. Yes.
Trace read it and he seemed a little bit happier.
“That’s cool that she still wants to be friends.”
“Ya I wonder where you and Kaycie’s relationship will be when you get back?”
“Dude.”
“What it’s four months that’s a long time not being able to see her.”
Well we can ichat and txt and talk on the phone.”
“Ya dude but that’s not like in person contact. What if she finds another dude.”
“Come on she’s not like that.”
“I’m just saying look at Roxie she wanted someone that could be there all the time.”
“That’s why you guys broke up?”
“Ya, she said she needed time and I was like just give it to me straight and she did, but when I get back from tour she wants to talk. If neither of us has found someone she wants us to be together since we will be done with tour.”
“I think your best bet is just to move on and just be friends now and nothing more.”
“Thanks for the advice if that’s what you want to call it.”
“Your welcome, but seriously dude there are going to be fine looking ladies at this concert perfect place to start to get over her. Plus you know they love you.”
“Ya but do they love me for me or for my image of being famous.”
“Man how am I suppose to know I cant read minds.”
“See that’s why I like Roxie soooo much. She liked me for me.’
“We are know arriving in New York please buckle up until we have landed. Thank you.” we buckle up I sigh and I look out my window. Man how did things get so messed up. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t a rock star. I already miss Kaycie. We get off the plane and in the airport.
Sign up to rate and review this story