Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"That's not the 'what' I meant."

by Syn_INC 5 reviews

"Why's it so hard to believe that someone doesn't want anything?" Patrick asked. "Because. She's human." "More like Superhuman."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-08-20 - Updated: 2008-08-20 - 1809 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 105
Gin closed her eyes then before I knew it Sofi's breathing was shallow and smooth. I eased a bit more into dreamland and stayed there for the better part of the night.
I felt like I had just fallen asleep and woke up when I felt someone missing. I heard 'I Would Die 4 U' being sung in the distance and knew Patrick had came over for the 6am feeding. How he got in I don't know. Then I remembered Joe was here.
~
"Dude. Raising kids is hard." Joe mumbled to Patrick dropping a poopie diaper in the pointless 'But I want it!' expensive trash bin, a.k.a The Diaper Genie.
"You shut the hell up." Patrick stated handing Joe a fresh Swaddler.
"Gin hates me."
"Yea. Forever dude."
"Why didn't I get this memo?"
"That Gin hates you?"
"Yes."
"You kept calling her Baby Killer. I thought you needed a time out."
The 2 little ones then looked at Patrick confused as to what they did. Patrick then touched them both on their noses and they instinctevly opened their mouths.
"I don't know why that amuses me." Patrick said laughing.
"Time out? Leave that speak for the shorties." Joe sighed.
"Shorties...got it." Patrick stated grabbing Sofi and kissing her head.
~
I woke again around 930a to breastfeed the twins. I got out of bed and cringed, my boobs hurt so bad I thought I was going to cry. I walked out into the living room looking angry as hell, hair looking a mess, wearing Patrick's button up shirt and some boy short underwear. This in turn caused Patrick and Joe to stop talking and turn to me. I walked to where Patrick was sitting with Sofia on his chest and took her.
"Hey Cal" Joe stated softly.
I just grunted in response as I unbuttoned the top few buttons and tried to latch Sofi on.
"I'm awake. You can leave now" I stated flatly looking over in Patricks direction so he understood I was talking to him. He sighed stood up and walked passed me stoping in his track and turning to me as Sofia finally began feeding. I cringed a little at the slight pain but then sighed in relief.
I looked up to see Patrick staring at me.
"I'm sorry, did you forget something Paco?"
"Your wearing my shirt"
"And..."
"That's my favorite shirt I've been looking for it."
"Tough shit Patrick your not getting it back now leave."
"But.." He began to protest and I shot him a look that stopped him mid sentence and he turned and waked away.
I rolled my eyes and jumped a little when I heard Joes voice.
"You shouldn't be so mean to him Calista. He loves you"
"He can burn in hell Joseph. And youre one to talk look how you treat Gin! Yea you have nothing to say about that do you!" at this Joe rolled his eyes and got up to walk out. He picked Roman up and walked out to the studio with Patrick leaving me alone with my little lady.
Gin strolled into the living room at 1230p while I was giving the kids their second feeding of the day.
"I hate being pregnant." Gin grumbled.
Joe rolled his eyes and pulled out an invisible list.
"Ok. Things Genevieve Doesn't Like To Do #129, Hates being pregnant..." Joe crumbled the fake list and threw it behind him, "that's fucking it."
"Joe sit." I said annoyed.
Joe looked at Gin confused and her stomach protruded from beneath my shirt.
"I've realized that I want to make this work- again." Joe stated.
"You've reached this conclusion after 5 months of calling me Baby Killer. Not letting me explain. 3½ months of knowing it was a miscarriage. 2 months of actually KNOWING I was pregnant. You should have apologized then. Oh! THEN you almost married Marie."
"My turn?" Joe asked sarcasticaly as he leaned back on the chair. Gin rolled her eyes and so Joe took that as his green light.
"You slept with Andy. You did nothing to stop the wedding. End of turn."
"So you can hate me more!"
"It was up to you to stop it! Not Cal! I waited! I waited for you to walk down that aisle and do something...you. But you didn't!"
"Fucking liar."
"All they do is fight." Patrick said walking into the room avoiding the 3 dogs and the duck.
"At least they have their emotions out on display." I grumbled.
"Excuse me?"
"Don't you dare start playing dumb."
Patrick and I stood there and stared each other down like a couple of gun slingers. It was then that we started to argue about everything. Gin and Joe began their own spat and I stopped and sighed.
"Yea well, we need to get a-" Joe started.
"Your dad already did it!" Gin yelled, not realizing the volume of her voice had increased.
Joe gave a shocked looked and then confusion.
"...well not HIM personally, after all, cardiologist- but his 'people' did it." Gin whispered.
"What?" Joe asked.
"Yea your dad has people."
"That's not the 'what' I meant."
"Oh. We did an amniothesis to check for any irregularities and then he looked at me and I gave him the go ahead for a paternity test. You couldn't be anymore their father."
"You're going to have to convert Gin, if you don't then-"
"I don't need a stupid religion Joe. I know your people 'struggled' and all but I'm cool with my religion."
"You're still as difficult as the day I broke up with you."
"Did you really think THAT would change?"
"Yea you know what. I kinda did."
"You lied to yourself."
"Obviously."
"Joe its 145p I don't know what else to tell you. I have somewhere to be at 3 so I'm going to go and change."
"I'll come with you."
"No. I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that."
Patrick, myself and Joe both got huge eyes. I then remembered what she was talking about and then laughed. Gin took a shower, got dressed and grabbed her bag.
"And I want you GONE when I come back." Gin concluded before heading out the door.
*
Gin was sitting in a big domed room with pre-pubescent boys and girls. Rich was sitting next to her and they all split up for break 5 minutes later.
"I feel like shit Rich." Gin stated, "Isn't there an adult conversion class?"
"There is. But I find this one more humorous." Rich said with this smile on his face, "and its the 'quickest' one I guess if that makes any sense."
"Sure."
"Everything going ok?"
"Yea. Joe still hates me though so we're right on track."
"He'll get over it. I promise."
"Just as long as you promise of course."
"Well you have to get back I'll see you in 45 minutes."
"Ok."
47 minutes later Gin was exhausted and 13 minutes after that she was walking back into the house. The little people heard her voice and looked around for her. I was happy to get rid of them for a few minutes.
"Hey..." I started.
"You ok?" Gin asked changing Sofi.
"Yea. I have court in a few days and-"
"I'll watch them."
"You sure?"
"Yea."
"Thank you."
"No prob."
~
Patrick and I sat in the judge's chamber and I made circles with the condensation of the water on the table. Patrick sat across from me with Vivian 'Does she or doesn't she...' Thomas and I sighed. I never thought I'd be married at 22 for 6 months and then divorced just as fast.
Its like he never even tried.
I know we were married in Chicago and these things go through just that fast but something in me told me to come into this room poised. I loved this man of mine it just hurt that he didn't want to try. Everything is always more important than me. Everything is always more important than his kids.
"So. Have both parties come to an agreement?" Judge Castro asked.
"Yes...your honor. I don't want anything-"
"That's a lie." Vivian scoffed crossing her legs annoyed.
"I'm not doing this anymore Patrick. Its been a week. Sign the last fucking line so I can go home to my children." I begged defeated.
"They're mine too."
"I don't care Patrick just sign the paper."
"We're willing to offer this to you again." Vivian said pushing a paper across the table with an outrageous 7 figure number on it.
I rolled my eyes scratched the number off and wrote how much I wanted then pushed it back.
"Nothing!" Vivian yelled, "that's ridiculous!"
Patrick who had been silent the whole time sighed and the judge looked at him.
"Anything you would like to add son?" Judge Castro questioned.
"No."
"Patrick you can't REALLY believe she wants nothing?" Vivian demanded.
"Why's it so hard to believe that someone doesn't want anything?" Patrick asked.
"Because. She's human."
"More like Superhuman."
"What?"
"I mean I know I was gone but she fucking dealt with this crazy depression, cried, took her meds, and was playing with the babies before I knew she had even broke down. She took care of a grown ass man along with 2 babies...that I help make- accidentally- on purpose. She just loves me so much..." Patrick sighed, the tears now streaming down the side of his glasses.
My attention perked up just a bit when he said those words. I didn't know any of this. He knew that I was on meds? He knew that I cried at night? He actually knew I TRIED? This made me wonder then, why on earth was he putting me through all this and going through with this divorce.
"I mean because of her I had a family...she even put up with my crazy ass friends- a whole record label filled with them- I just wanted to keep her barefoot and pregnant...and I guess that'll never happen."
"That's all you ever had to say asshole." I stated rolling my eyes.
"You never listened to me."
"You were ALWAYS gone!"
"I'm working!"
"So. Was. I. But I still told you I loved you and I still tried to make us work and I still took care of Thing 1 and Thing 2 and all by myself Patrick. Because you are always so busy you can't even console your crying kid!"
Patrick glared at me and pulled a ton of his hair in one grasp. He then turned away from me upset. Which made me upset.
"THIS! This is why I can't stay married to him." I yelled.
"Can't or won't?" Judge Castro asked.
"Both!"
"I think you guys need counseling." Vivian blurted out without thinking,
"you two are just too fucking weird in the worst way."
@@@@@@@
For Kara...cuz she's the only one who reviewed the last post!
Boo
Sign up to rate and review this story