Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"Yes Jews for Jesus...and such."

by Syn_INC 3 reviews

My mom was sitting on the couch holding Sofi and rocking Roman in the car seat. I sighed and sat down next to her. All she did was give me this look and I started to cry again. She put Sofi down in...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-08-20 - Updated: 2008-08-21 - 1541 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 106
The judge obviously let the F word slide seeing how she had a good idea. Vivian was now pulling her hair out and tapping her pen on the desk annoyed.
"So you guys are willing to work on this marriage?" Judge Castro asked, "for the little ones?"
"Yes." Patrick and I said at the same time.
"So we'll do this. Your divorce petition has been granted, or better yet, it will be pending, Mrs. Stumph, instead you have 6 weeks of COURT ORDERED counseling. And if this works, I don't wanna see you kids here again."
"When?" Patrick asked.
"Tuesday's." The judge said looking down at a paper.
"That's bad for me."
"Well make it work Mr. Stumph or everything, is hers." Judge Castro said as he got up and walked out of his chambers.
Vivian got up next mumbling about how this was a waste of her morning and headed out the door. This left Patrick and me alone. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes and I just sighed, stuck a hand in my purse and picked out the bottle of anti-depressants and popped a pill in my mouth. Patrick gave me one of his looks and I sighed.
I got up and walked to the door my hand was on the knob when I heard him speak.
"Where are you going?" Patrick demanded.
I sigh but didn't turn to face him.
"Home. To my children Patrick." With that said I was out the door.
~
A week later I sat in the marriage counselors office tapping my foot impatiently. I can't believe what Patrick was doing. This was the last chance to save our marriage and the fucker was 45 minutes late to the first session. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes and I bit my lip to try and hold them back. Dr. Stone fiddled with his pen and gave a sigh.
"Mrs. Stumph maybe its best if we reschedule obviously something came up for your husband."
I gave a bitter laugh and the tears finally escaped my eyes.
"Something always comes up with him. I'm sorry for wasting your time doc." I tried my best to put on a smile for him.
But as I stood up and extended my hand to him it was clear that I was so broken inside. At the moment I think it looked more like I was in pain. He stood there and shook my hand.
"Calista. I'd like for you to still come and talk to me. Tomorrow or Thursday if you're free. I know what you're going through is tough. Its hard for any person to deal with, especially someone who just gave birth."
I nodded my head and thanked him again as I pulled myself together and walked out of the office.
I got in my car and drove all the way home. Once I parked in the garage I let it all out. I cried, yelled, and screamed like I had never before. The sobs shook my whole body as I let the events sink in. Once again I was shown by him just how important I wasn't. He didn't even want to try hard enough to show up for court ordered therapy.
I decided at that moment that I was done. I was done trying to save something that was obvious only I wanted saved. He didn't care about us so now neither did I. I took a few deep breaths and pulled myself together before I walked into the house.
My mom was sitting on the couch holding Sofi and rocking Roman in the car seat. I sighed and sat down next to her. All she did was give me this look and I started to cry again. She put Sofi down in the other car seat and held me close to her heart.
"Its ok mi amor. Men son cochinos anyway." She stated.
That made me laugh through my tears and I sighed.
*
3 hours prior a lead singer was running up a flight of stairs and sliding onto a hardwood floor. He looked up at the door and slightly pulled on it. When the door wouldn't budge he gave it a slight kick and pulled a chunk of his hair. As he paced the floor no one entered or exited that room.
It was at this moment that he had 2 thoughts. 1) He REALLY blew this, and 2) he was probably in deep, deep shit.
*
4 days later Patrick and I were standing before Judge Castro arguing like two 6 year olds fighting for the last swing on the jungle gym. Vivian sat back in the cut and my lawyer, who was referred to me by JoeTroh, Max were just observing the situation.
Judge Castro banged his gavel and Patrick and I stopped talking.
"You 2 fight like cats and dogs! And even they're trying to get along!" Judge Castro shot.
I crossed my arms and tapped my foot.
"That's it-"
"Im tired of this." Patrick said and I sighed.
"You and I both--- brother." I added.
"You 2 shut up. Divorce granted. You Mr. Stumph will pay out Mrs. Rodriguez-Stumph 6.5 Million dollars along with alimony and pending child support. For the contents of that you must see a family judge. But I have one thing to say. I don't know under what circumstances you guys came together but You got married for a reason and didn't even try to make it work. You Mr. Stumph need to figure out where your priorities lie, or your kids will call someone else dad. And Miss Rodriguez- you're just as stubborn as he is- but you tried. So with that said. Good day." Judge Castro banged the gavel.
As it was said, it was done.
Four hours later I was sitting at home with my feet up watching my pregnant best friend.
"What did your mom say about you converting?" I asked rocking the twins.
"Something along the lines of...as long as I still believe that Jesus died for our sins and such."
"And you..."
"We are sitting here right?"
"True. When's you next class?"
"Tomorrow- Rich is supposed to call me."
"Im so tired."
"I know, I can see it."
"How was your sonogram today?"
"Fine. Im having a girl."
"One baby?"
"Yea."
"Then why are you so huge?"
"I don't know. At least they think its a girl."
"What?"
"Doctors are idiots and the tech who did the sonogram was new & Dr. Sanchez is on vacation."
"Oh."
"Yea."
"Til next week then?"
"Til next week."
"So how much longer do you have converting?"
"16 weeks."
"The baby will be somewhere along by then."
"I know. Im glad I started when I did...I didn't know it was gonna be a 20 week course."
"Shit!"
"I know. But even with that I have to do the faith for a year, observing the rituals and such and then I get interviewed..."
"So its a job?"
"Yes Jews for Jesus...and such."
"But I thought jews don't believe in Jesus?"
Gin shruged and I laughed
"Loser."
"Yea well...but that broad who was on House took a 6 month converter course and was fucking Hardcore Jewish."
"Right! Bitch was Hasidic yo. I don't know- I get a Jewish name too."
"French too skanky?"
"Sure."
"Then there's the mikvah which is basically a baptism- and then I say a little prayer for you...or me-"
"...forever and every you stay in my heart / and I will love you..."
"Yea...sing. I must say a prayer in Hebrew- im exhausted thinking about it."
"What did Rich say?"
"About what?"
"The you waiting a year thing."
"We sat around with the Beit Din and the Rabbi said something about me being Seventh-Day Adventist and that I didn't have to wait the year- I don't know."
"But still 6 months."
"Yea. I don't want a daughter."
"Why not?"
"I already see Joe naming her Aliyah- which just means blessing over the Torah...yea."
"You're hardcore about this."
"I have to be. I love Joe so much."
"Bitch."
"Que sera sera. So, 6.5 Million dollars, alimony and child support? Fuck me!"
"Don't remind me. I don't want it."
Joe walked through the living room and shot Gin this look that would make Satan herself cringe. Gin had quickly shut her book and pushed it under the chair. Joe slammed the door as the duck went to his door and tapped on it with its beak. He gave in, opened the door for Megatron and slammed it again.
"I just remind myself that this is for THAT." Gin stated a bit peeved.
"But it's baby daddy!" I said laughing.
"Why's he staying with us again?"
"Because they're redoing the floor at his place, tearing down a wall and something else for a room for the kid."
"I wanna hold Joe."
"Don't trip. He's gonna say something in Hebrew, you're gonna rebut then heads will roll. Can't wait!"
"You would."
"I know!"
"When was the last time we sat and kicked the shit like this?"
"Donno. But I miss it."
"Ditto."
Roman gave a bit of a whimper and Sofia yawned. I wiped my eyes as I knew, this was one of the better moments my now EX husband was missing.
Sign up to rate and review this story