Categories > Original > Fantasy > Tale of a vampire queen

Chapter 1

by davinia16 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-08-21 - Updated: 2008-08-21 - 2519 words

0Unrated
---CHAPTER 1---
As she opened her eyes she found herself in a dark room that was not her own. She jumped out of bed to find that her tank top and shorts were gone, instead she had on a red silk nightgown. Beginning to panic she opened the door to the room and ran out only to run into something hard. Looking up she saw the most amazingly husky blue eyes that she had ever seen. She blinked and looked the man over he was about 6'3'' with black thick hair, he had on a black t shirt and dark blue jeans, his skin was pale and flawless "I see you have awoken." His voice soft and deep, but she didn't know what to say and she tensed up. He seemed to notice this and introduced himself "I am Damian." She relaxed a little bit and said "Sophie." He smiled and helped her up "Come, we have much to discuss." As she followed him she looked at the things that they passed. In this hallway alone there were 25 doors some open and some closed. As she glanced into one of the open doors she saw a man and woman it looked as though the man was biting her neck she became scared and hurried her pace so that she was right behind him. He stopped suddenly causing her to bump into him again. She looked up and saw two huge French oak doors. He held one open for her and she entered what looked to be a study. She sat across from an oak desk in a comfortable black leather chair. The walls were blood red and had portraits of the man in front of her but in different eras clothing. The window behind the desk was spotless except for a stain glass bat on it. He sat behind the desk and looked at her. Blue met turquoise and they both got lost in the others trance. After what seemed like hours she looked away and he cleared his throat "You're probably wondering where you are and why you're here..." She cut him off saying "duh" he rolled his eyes and began again "before I was interrupted you are here because last night I had turned you into a creature of the night..." she cut him off again "You mean a werewolf?" His eyes became stern " no I mean a vampire not a mangy fleabag!" She began to laugh causing him to become frustrated "what the bloody hell do you find to be so funny!?" she tried to calm down "Sorry giggle Igasp just alwaysgiggle thought vampires were supposed to be scary!" His eyes softened and began to show a new expression " You do not find me scary?" he teased and she smiled "Nope not at all."They began to talk about random things and found that they had much in common like their favorite music, foods, and movies. He was surprised that she didn't have a problem with being a vampire and she told him that it was because she had always loved vampires. As they began to think that they had talked about everything she surprised him again "Sooo... ummm... is the whole cross, holy water, silver, coffin, reflection , and sunlight thing true?" He laughed, he couldn't help it and yet he couldn't remember the last time he had laughed this much."We do not sleep in coffins but if you wish to that can be arranged I just thought..." She cut him off "No I don't want to sleep in a coffin thank you!!!" he laughed and continued "Unfortunately you can not see your reflection in a mirror" She nodded "The cross and holy water thing is only true to those who have had it blessed and believe in it so for an atheist it wouldn't work." She nodded" Silver is for werewolves and has no real effect on us unless it is being used to cut off our heads." She nodded again holding onto her neck "Sunlight along with wooden stakes are however our biggest threats... we can not go in the sun but we can go into daylight when the sunsets or if the sun is covered by clouds or if it is raining. Wooden stakes hurt and will kill us if they pierce our hearts. Also you should know that we are strongest in the moonlight."She nodded one more time and they left the study in a comfortable silence. "This will be your chambers, Oh and I must tell you one more thing... you can not enter a strangers home unless they invite you in."she nodded and gave him a friendly hug.
He had just left her at her door. All of his thoughts were revolving around her and that hug she had just given him. 'Her scent is amazing it is that of strawberries and lavender' he thought to himself. He shook his head. He had been alive for hundreds of years and not once in that time had a woman penetrated his thoughts as she did. He was about to turn around to go spend more time with her when a little girl ran up to him "Daddy!!!" she smiled and his face softened as he smiled down at her. She was 4'9'' with black hair that went to her mid back, she had dark green eyes, and pale skin that looked as if it were porcelain. He remembered the day he found her...he was drinking the blood of a little girl who.....
Flashback
Damian was hunting, but this time not for his dinner. He was hunting for one of his men. He had lost control and was on a killing spree. When Damian had found him he was drinking the blood of a little girl who could have been no older than 12. As he killed his man blood from a scratch on his arm dripped into her mouth turning her. Months later he adopted her as his child.
End Flashback
"Hello Marna have you been a good girl today?" She smiled brightly up at him "Oh yes daddy I have!" He put a hand on her back and led her to his office so that they could talk about her day. He always loved Marna and how even though she had died and been reborn as a vampire she still retained her innocence as a child.
Hours after Marna had left his study he was still thinking of Sophie and wondering why he couldn't control himself when he had turned her into a vampire. He had been a vampire for 387 years, you would think that he had at least a little more control than he had shown last night when he found her. For 382 years he had taught newly turned vampires how to control their urges and how to feed just enough to survive not to kill or turn their prey into halfies. As much as he tried to convince himself that, that was all he was trying to do for her he knew that it wasn't true. Now he felt like a hypocrite. He soon left his study to take a walk and clear his mind. Not paying attention to where he was going he found himself in the very doorway of the woman that plagued his mind. He looked in to see her putting her hair in a high ponytail. She had on a black shirt that had a long sleeve on the right arm and no sleeve on the left, she also had on a pair of bluish black jeans with a blood red dragon on the left pant leg. She threw on a pair of black converses. He noticed that her outfit showed off every one of her curves. She turned around with a very serene smile on her face " Hello Damian" he smiled as well "Sophie..." "Please come in." she moved out of the doorway noticing that she had gone to it and let him in. They talked for what seemed like hours before both of their stomaches rumbled. His grin disappeared because he knew that he would have to teach her how to hunt. He gave her his hand and led her out of the house "Where are we going?" She asked "Hunting" was his reply and although she was already pale she paled even more.
She knew that one day she would have to drink someone's blood to survive but she knew that she wasn't ready to kill someone. Would she be able to now? She knew that he was watching her so she forced herself to have more color back into her cheeks "Okay..." she finally said. His eyes widened, she knew that he hadn't expected her to be okay with this but she had no coice, she was hungry and had to survive. "Are you ready?" he asked unsure. She smiled and nodded "Okay then sniff out your prey." She looked at him as if he was crazy and he rolled his eyes "Smell the air and tell me if you smell anything delicious." she did as he said and after three minutes an alluring scent was calling to her "mmmmmm" she murmured. He smiled "We have your new meal, now let's go and find it." she smiled up at him and nodded. As they walked the streets he was telling her how to feed and not kill the prey "So once you have fed just enough you clean the wound and erase their memory of that part of the night. Okay?" She nodded.
They followed the scent to a park that was beautiful there was a path surrounded by apple trees leading to a fountain that lit up and was spilling pink water. Sitting on the fountain was a young man. Damian looked at Sophie and she nodded walking up to the man. Fifteen minutes later she and Damian were looking for his meal. As they were both done feeding they decided to take a walk. They came onto a familiar street when she suddenly stopped. Damian looked to see Sophie's eyes sadden, he looked around to see what could have caused such a change in her emotions only to see a familiar four story mansion "I can't ever see them again can I?" she asked. He looked down to avoid her eyes. "I'm sorry....no." She took a breath and nodded putting on a fake smile "Let's go home." she said. Unknown to them a pair of silver eyes was watching.
As they entered the doors they were knocked down by a little girl "Daddy you was gone and I couldn't find you!!!" she cried latching onto his leg until she saw Sophie. "Who is you??" she asked making Sophie smile "My name is Sophie what's yours?" "Marna"a voice said from behind Sophie "Damian you didn't tell me you had such a cute daughter!" Sophie teased "You never asked" He teased back. She laughed and walked up to her bedroom. As she entered her room she noticed that it was very large. The walls were painted a dark purple, the floor was plain wood, there was a walk in closet filled with clothes for her, and a balcony much like the one she had at her old home. There were some old paintings of nature and vampires on the walls, a plasma screen television and a stereo. There was also a large Victorian canopied bed. She changed into a black silk nightgown and went to sleep.
SOMEWHERE IN TOWN
A man with silver eyes was walking into an uptown apartment. As he entered he was met by an old man with a hunchback. "Tell the master that I have found him." he said with a smile showing off pearly white fangs. The old man's eyes widened and he nodded leaving the room. "At last I have found you Damian..." He thought to himself, as he went to the parler to sit and wait.
BACK AT THE MANSION
Damian was sitting in his study thinking of Sophie and Marna. Sadly his thoughts were interrupted when a knock came at the door. "Enter." Damian called "Damian..." a woman entered "Yes Namine?" Namine was a beautiful vampire with long brown hair, she was 5'8'' and very skinny. He had met Namine when she was a vampire hunter. She had tried to kill him on many occasions but when his old master had turned her he took her in and taught her. She then pledged her loyalty to him. "We have a problem........" he sighed " What is it?" she looked at him seriously and began to tell him the problem.
Sophie had just fallen asleep when her nightmare came...
DREAM
Sophie was walking down an empty alleyway when a man with yellow eyes stepped in front of her. He sniffed the air and smiled showing yellow teeth "Ahhh such an intoxicating scent you shall be the one." As he finished speaking he had a dry hand around her neck his face changing and his teeth elongating. As he was about bite her she heard a knocking sound "Damn not now!" he yelled then looked at her "We will have to finish this later my pet."
END DREAM
Sophie sat up holding her neck, she could still feel his cold dry hand on her neck, smell his rancid breath as he spoke to her, she could still feel the warm air of his breath on her neck, but most of all she could still see his decaying face as he looked at her.
It took Damian a few minutes to let it all digest. A demon lord was free from banishment. A demon lord that he, himself had banished. A monster so vile that hell itself spit him out. Namine was right they did have a problem because he would most certainly be coming for revenge for being trapped for 100 years.
Sophie was walking down the narrow hallway to Damian's study her nightmare still fresh in her mind. As she entered the doors she saw Damian speaking with a woman "Hello Sophie." He said with a smile. She yawned "hey... can I talk to you for a sec.?" He nodded and the woman left. Sophie then relayed her dream to him. When she finished he told her it was only a dream and she went to bed. After she left Damian let his calm mask slip and a look of horror crossed his face "We have a bigger problem than I thought."
UPTOWN APARTMENT
A man with yellow eyes was speaking to a man with silver eyes"How much longer master?" the silver eyed man asked "Soon Julian, soon." the yellow eyed man answered with a sadistic smile "I have waited for this day for 100 years I will not delay it any more than necessary." "Yes master." Julian answered as he bowed and left the apartment.
AT THE MANSION
As Sophie and Damian lay asleep in their beds only one thing could be heard, a broken window and Marna's shrill scream "Daddy Sophie help meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!"
Sign up to rate and review this story