Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 40: Powers Dark Part Two

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-09-03 - Updated: 2008-09-03 - 6471 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter Forty: Powers Dark Part Two:

The mist around Hogwarts continued to rise around Hogwarts, as Harry looked inside. For some reason, Draxxor had everyone removed from the school, instead of outright killing them. But why? Harry was at a loss to even determine that. He stood, as close as he could to the gates, as the grass on the grounds wilted and died, as the leaves of the trees fell to the ground before crumbling into dust. Hogwarts had just turned into a lifeless wasteland, no hope, no chance for a life, basically the most depressing place on earth. Harry stood, right by Ginny, as he looked up. Any chance he had to defeat Draxxor was rather suspect to begin with, he had hoped that he would avoid that part of the prophecy, but the Eye of Darkness shattered and set off the rebirth of the demon lord, along with his vile minions. Harry watched as his friends and family looked, waiting for word, Harry had always had the answers but now he felt he had nothing. He felt he had let everyone down and maybe the entire Wizarding World.

“Okay, we have to do something, but the fact is, I don’t know exactly what Draxxor’s done to the school, there is a heavy amount of chaotic dark magic in the air,” said Harry. “I need to get inside the school, because Salazar’s Blade may be the only way to finish Draxxor.”

“Exactly how are we going to do that, Harry?” asked Hailey. “I mean, if they cast us out like that, they’re not going to let us back in easily.”

“Then, we’ll force our way in,” said Raph roughly but Master Splinter shook his head.

“No, there is a strong likelihood that Draxxor has the entire school surrounded, he’ll be looking for force and will react as such,” said Master Splinter logically as he leaned on his walking stick, looking up towards the school. “We must approach this matter logically, find a way inside the school, around what Draxxor has done to it.”

“I agree, there are many ways inside and Draxxor most likely knows most of them,” said Harry. “If I can get to the defenses the Founders put inside the school, I will be able to maybe loosen Draxxor’s hold on the school It’s going to take a bit of careful planning, certain things need to go down exactly at the right times. I don’t know how much time I can buy us, but it should be enough to get back into the school, to get my hands on the weapon at least.”

Harry paused, before he stood, turning to the others, quickly going over the school in his mind. He wished he could do it alone, but he needed help so he turned to the group.

“The rest of you stay here, keep me posted through the mirrors if you see anything from the outside, but Mum, Ginny, can I count on you two to help me get this done?” asked Harry.

“Of course, Harry, you didn’t really need to ask that,” said Ginny.

“Yes, Harry, what do you need us to do?” asked Lily.

“I think you’re up to this, at least I hope,” said Harry. “No time, you might not even need to help me, but the magic around Hogwarts is unpredictable, it will take more than one person to stabilize the wards so it will be easier to slip inside. Exactly how much time this will take, I don’t know…”

“It doesn’t matter, we need to find a way to loosen his hold on the school,” responded Ginny, firmly, as she put her hand on Harry’s arm, comforting his fears. “The three of us should be enough to at least do that, more than enough.”

“Okay, let’s go,” said Harry calmly, as Ginny and Lily followed him. The three moved there way, as everyone waited and watched, as Harry managed to pry the gate open. Harry stepped forward, with Ginny and Lily moving, wands raised, as Harry looked around, before moving onto the grounds. He tried to block out the feelings of despair that were being inspired by just being on the Hogwarts grounds. Struggling, Harry brushed aside the fog, before he turned to the side. “I should have been able to banish them from the school, if I can only take control of the protections.”

“In other words, Draxxor’s blocked you out,” said Lily in a low voice, and Harry looked around, it did appear that way, but Harry did not think that Draxxor was directed him.

“Not me particular no, but the heirs of the school in general,” said Harry calmly, as they moved forward, Harry attempted to concentrate on the magic swirling around the area inside the school. It was unlike anything Harry had ever experienced. He could not remove it, but he would have to work around it. They continued their journey towards the side of the school. With any luck, they would be able to get in through the school inside a little known secret passage that would just take them inside the Great Hall. From inside, it would be a lot easier to figure out what Draxxor had done and loosen his hold on it, to allow the others in, giving Harry enough of a distraction to get to the Slytherin library and get the blade of the sword.

Draxxor stood inside Hogwarts, returning to his former office that he spent much of his life in, as Dumbledore. Several of the paintings of past headmasters and head mistresses gazed at Draxxor with contempt, but Draxxor just ignored their dark mutterings. He scanned the office, for anything of Riddle’s that might be of value, but found nothing. It did not matter, with the crystals in position, and his followers going to the Ministry to retrieve an important item for his plans. One of the instruments on the desk began to rattle. Due to the high concentration of magic in the air, the instruments were extremely sensitive, to any more magical individuals walking onto the ground. Draxxor turned to the instrument, his lips contorting with irritation, as he tapped his fingers on it. The instrument quickly sought out the people on the crowd and a three dimensional holographic image of the forms of Lily, Ginny, and Harry appeared. Draxxor stood, in irritation of three individuals who have meddled in his plans far too often for the demon’s liking.

“So, you three think you can break inside my school and disrupt my plans,” said Draxxor, as his cold blue eyes rested on his three enemies. “I don’t think that will be in the plans for today, I will make you pay. Killing you will not be enough.”

Draxxor walked forward, the door swinging open on its on accord. The demon lord made his way up the hallway, as many of his followers lounged around the hallway.

“What is your will, Master Draxxor?” rattled one of the demons calmly, but Draxxor placed the holographic images of Lily, Harry, and Ginny fighting through the mist, as they made their way further towards Hogwarts. It was obvious what entrance they were heading for as well as the demons looked absolutely offended that these three would dare defy their master.

“They must not find their way into this school and there is only one way that we can stall them long enough until our plans are fully executed,” said Draxxor roughly, as he looked at his captive followers. “If they are killed in the effort, then so be it, but I want their minds destroyed, their lives ruined, their sanity gone. I want them completely finished off, once and for all, do you understand?”

“Absolutely, Master Draxxor,” droned the demons in unison, as they rose in excitement waiting for the next word from their master and Draxxor stood, grinning, as he knew what would come next. He wished he would have been able accomplish years ago, but using Dumbledore’s body, he could not exert enough physical power to make his enemies properly pay for their defiance.

“We must act quickly, they will have found a way into the school and even if they are in for a few seconds, there is always a chance that our plans can be destabilized,” said Draxxor coldly, and the demons nodded, wondering what torture their demon lord would have in mind for the meddlers. “So, join me my children, as we will activate the Dome of the Damned and force them to fight their worse fears.”

The demons stood rigid, scared of this horror, an invention of their demon lord. Draxxor had invented this to torture demons that had not joined his cause fully. It was something that broke them within hours, leaving them absolutely and completely mindless. No demon had survived it but there had never been an opportunity to use this horror on a mortal. Now seemed like as good of a time as to try it out, as Draxxor moved outwards, as his minions joined him. About two dozen demons stood in a circle, muttering under their breath, as they projected their powers outwards past the walls of the school. They focused on the forms of Lily Potter, Ginny Weasley, and Harry Potter, attempting to divert the destructive properties of the dome towards their three targets.

Back on the ground, Harry looked around, a loud gust of wind could be filled, it appeared in the grounds. A large black cyclone erupted right from the walls of Hogwarts. Harry attempted to push it back, but it was way too much, even for his advanced mystic abilities. Ginny and Lily joined Harry in fighting every spell they could, in an attempt to deflect the magic around them, but it was useless. The cyclone aimed right towards them.

“I can’t move my legs!” shouted Ginny suddenly, as the magical attack seemed to hold her in place.

“You aren’t the only one, Ginny, I can’t either!” yelled Lily as she tried to desperately lift her legs, but found this to be an impossible endeavor and Harry nodded, just as the cyclone slammed them, before it expanded outwards in a dome shape. This was the last thing that registered in any of their mind’s before they went into a blank haze, as the dome surrounded them on a significant portion of the grounds, trapping all three of them.

Outside the gates, everyone watched, as Lily, Ginny, and Harry stood immobile, as the dome deepened in the sinister black shade, obscuring all three of them from view of the people outside. Hailey stepped forward, and grabbed the gate, but she was blasted backwards, landing right to the ground.

“What did he do them?” asked Sirius as he looked around as Lily, Ginny, and Harry were just barely visible inside the dome.. “They’re just standing there…”

“We need to get in there,” interrupted Ron, but Hailey shook her head.

“No, if we wanted to, we can’t, Draxxor’s discovered that someone got onto the grounds, so he’s blocked anyone else out, it’s hopeless,” said Hailey, as the fog swirled around the outside of the dome. “Maybe if we found a way around, but no one knows the school better than Harry, so if anyone would have founded someway around that entire mess, it would have been him.”

“Hailey’s right,” said Neville but he looked as urgent as everyone else, as he watched them disappear from view. “It’s kind of hard to save them, but we can’t really see them.”

“Yes, it is,” added Hermione but suddenly, something hit Hermione in a burst of inspiration, she kicked herself, why hadn’t she thought of it earlier, she wondered. “But, they do have the mirrors, maybe if one of us called them, we can get to them, Harry did say that we were supposed to keep our eyes out for anything strange outside the grounds. If we get through, we can help them escape from whatever that monstrosity is.”

“You know, that just might work,” agreed Leo thoughtfully and the others also nodded in agreement. Hailey had removed the mirror, hoping for something that was beyond that it work, they would be able to break through whatever enchantments that Draxxor had. If she could get through to even one of them, it would help them escape.

“Harry, please, if you can hear me in any way, this is your sister, please answer!” shouted Hailey desperately, but the mirror remained blank and dark, there was no indication if Hailey’s communication was even getting through. Hailey waited for what seemed like an eternity before she sighed and tried a different tact. “Okay, Mum, if you’re there, please pick up, please answer me. This is Hailey, just say something if you can hear me at all.”

No response. Not even a failed attempt to maintain communications. Much like Harry’s mirror, Hailey found her mother’s to be completely blank. In frustration, Hailey sighed, looking rather irritated. She hoped that she could get through to Ginny in time, as she held up the mirror, gazing at it through her vivid emerald green eyes.

“Ginny, are you there? Answer me please, this is Hailey, if you can hear this, answer,” said Hailey, as she looked at the mirror. The others looked, there faces growing rather grim once they realized that Hailey’s last attempt to reach the outside was in vain. Hailey looked frustrated. “Nothing, I failed, Harry would have found a way to get through…”

“You did the best you could,” said Luna calmly and Hailey knew Luna was being supportive, but the thing was that her best was nowhere near enough to do Harry, Ginny, and her mother any good. The others looked at Hailey, trying to convey without words that it was not her fault. Deep down, Hailey agreed that it was not, but the fog seeping outside the Hogwarts gates had made it rather difficult for her to have any positive thoughts and emotions. They stood, almost looking on one side of an unbreakable glass, as the black dome was around where they had last seen Harry, Ginny, and Lily stand.

Draxxor stood, as the dome reached maximum strength, as his followers had brought a large box towards him. From the inside, something rattled against the box.

“We have found three of them inside the castle, Master Draxxor,” responded one of the demons.

“Excellent, the dome’s power amplifies the deepest darkest fears and insecurities in their mind, but I had left too much to chance in the past, especially with these three,” said Draxxor, as he stood up, his full height, his stone carved face showing no humor whatsoever, as he leaned forward, before he placed a finger on the box. The rattling from inside did not cease, but rather it just got more violent, as it was surrounded by a red glow. “This should be more than sufficient to keep them from finding a way out of the dome, until we’ve prepared the ritual. Place them inside the dome, but do not disrupt the magic within it, it will cause everything to collapse and may ruin my hold on Hogwarts.”

The demon nodded, as he took the rumbling crate off, he would not disappoint his master. He walked off, seeing the dome outside. A small imperfection in the creation of the dome would allow the perfect vessel to transport the enhanced creatures inside the doom. The box floated inside the dome, as it began to shake, busting open only a second after it passed the outside of the dome.

“It is a success master,” reported the demon and Draxxor’s grin widened, but he then adopted a cold, indifferent approach, as his followers would be return to the Ministry shortly, they might have been on their way back right now. Soon, his plans for the world would come to pass.

Harry rubbed his forehead, as he felt dizzy. He could not remember what had happened, in fact, the last thing he remembered was that he was attempting to get inside of Hogwarts. Suddenly, it came to him, he was attempting to get inside, with Ginny and his mother, when they were hit with a black cyclone. The cyclone had froze them in place, had knocked them unconscious. Apparently, it had transported them all here, wherever that was. Harry looked up, wondering if they were in Hogwarts, but there was too much fog to tell. Walking forward, Harry attempted to push through.

“Mum?” asked Harry tentatively, but there was nothing to be heard but the echo of Harry’s own voice. “Ginny? Anyone? Is anyone out there?”

Harry did not like this. He could hear nothing and see nothing but loads of fog, in every direction. In the distance, Harry looked up and saw a mirror reflection of himself standing off in the distance. His eyes widened when he realized who he was facing off of.

“You!” shouted Harry as his counterpart just looked bored.

“Yes, you tried to exile me to that other dimension, to that void,” responded Nega-Harry, as he faced off against Harry, looking at him with contempt. “You could never beat me, you could never save them, so you tried to bury the real problem, the fact you are nothing but someone who would eventually lead everyone he cares about to a premature death. You aren’t the great wizard that everyone has foolishly thought you to be, only a dismal failure who is a burden to the world, hero.”

Harry stood, clenching his fists. The words were eating at him, mostly because his mirror reflection was saying them to him. Basically, some doubts that had occasionally visited Harry’s subconscious had been given a face, one that looked identical to the one that Harry saw in the mirror every day.

“Now, you ruined the lives of everyone in my life and my world, by casting me out,” continued Nega-Harry. “That doesn’t matter at all now, as I will destroy everyone you care about eventually, but I will settle for you right now. One more defeat should matter little, given how much of a failure you’ve been. You brought the plague of demons onto the world, because of your actions.”

“ENOUGH!” shouted Harry as he rushed his counterpart, but the Dark-Emperor blocked his punch without expending any effort and grabbed Harry by the arm, before throwing him to the ground. Harry landed hard and was blasted right in the chest full force with a magical attack. Nega-Harry continued to pummel Harry with alternating magical and Muggle assaults.

“Come on, even you can fight back or are you unable to even do that anymore?” asked Nega-Harry with each magically enhanced punch and the words rang true, Harry seemed unable to fight off any of his mirror counterpart’s attacks. “Failure, weak, inefficient, doomed everyone to destruction!”

Harry swung desperately, but was just knocked down. He threw a bludgeoning spell, an attack that was handily blocked, before Harry was hoisted up into the air and thrown down to the ground. Blood splattered from his right cheek as it was cut. The attack continued, mixed in with taunts, at Harry’s own inability to block even the simplest of attacks.

Ginny’s eyes opened and she gave a small yelp, when she realized she was in the Chamber of Secrets. Her confusion of the matter seemed to amplify when she saw the diary right next to her, and the puddle on the floor had shown her eleven year old reflection.

“Finally awake, I see,” said the calm voice and Ginny backed off, seeing the shade of the sixteen year old Tom Marvolo Riddle floating right in front of her. Fears rang through her mind, everything that she had went through since the Chamber of Secrets had been an extremely elaborate dream. She was still very much in danger, Harry had not saved her yet and might even save her. “Yes, Ginny, I never left you, seeing your life, your dreams that will never be attained. Pure fantasy of a foolish girl, as someone as powerful as Harry Potter would not want something as common like you. He could have any girl that he wanted, in fact, he could have all the girls he wanted, just because of what he is.”

“Harry’s not like that!” yelled Ginny, but she seemed uncertain, had her mind concocted this entire life with Harry by her side? Ginny had stopped thinking of Harry as the Boy-Who-Lived when she was ten years old, but still, without that fact in mind, she felt she did not deserve Harry. Riddle had just laughed, as he saw doubts wash over Ginny’s face, the girl was conflicted, in turmoil as she was too paralyzed to even move, petrified that everything she thought she had experienced was a lie.

“Yes, you might be friends right now, but Harry Potter has only taken pity on you, you’re nothing but a charity case and it does make him look better by putting up with a sympathetic cause like yourself,” taunted Riddle. “Your family has no standing in this word and as a girl, you are even less than them.”

Ginny’s mouth opened, as she blinked, shaking her head. She could not be back here, she could not be back in Riddle’s grip. This was not happening. At that moment, she heard foot steps. Riddle looked excited, as Harry walked forward. Ginny let out a sigh of relief, but Harry seemed rather annoyed at her.

“So it was you,” said Harry coldly, as he looked down at Ginny. “You were the one who set the Basilisk on all those students!”

“Harry, no, I wrote in the diary, I didn’t know…” stated Ginny in a panicked voice.

“You were my friend and you stabbed me in the back,” responded Harry as he turned to Riddle. “You know who this is, this is Lord Voldemort and you collaborated with him. Hermione’s in the hospital wing, petrified because of you.”

It was almost like her heart was tearing to shreds. Harry looked at Ginny, disgusted by the very sight.

“As amusing as this lover’s spat is, you have been left alive for too long,” said Riddle in a hiss, as he turned to the statue. “Kill him!”

A basilisk shot out towards Harry and he was unprepared to fight it off, too distracted by Ginny’s betrayal. Ginny gasped as the basilisk moved right towards Harry and stared directly in his eyes. Harry thumped to the ground from the deadly stare of the basilisk. He was dead and it was all her fault.

“Do not weep little girl for him, you still have me,” taunted Riddle, as he leered at Ginny, who felt defiled just by the look that he was giving her. “You opened your heart up to me and that’s just one step away from opening your legs.”

Ginny stared at Riddle, with hatred beyond anything she had ever experienced and Riddle just had a shadow of a smirk on his face, he was toying with her, before he had finished her off and now Harry was not going to win this time. Unlike what she thought happened, Harry had been killed instantly, by the basilisk.

“Why did you kill me?” asked a spooky voice in Ginny’s ear, that caused shivers to run down her spy. “I was their only hope, but you had to trust the diary. You are such a naïve little girl, you can’t even figure out when you’re being played, now you’ve doomed the world, doomed them all, Voldemort will rise and it’s all your fault. I was the only one who could beat him, I never should have trusted you.”

At that moment, Riddle seemed to fade, but the corpse of Harry rose up, with lifeless pale skin and red demonic eyes.

“Why did you have to kill me, Ginny?” grumbled Harry.

“I’m sorry…” stated Ginny desperately, this could not have been happening, but Harry looked at her like she was the most disgusting piece of garbage.

“Sorry’s not good enough for me, not from you,” said Harry coldly. “I could have had any girl in the world, but I had to choose you. You were nothing but a burden to me, your friends, and your family. You were the one you did not want and truthfully, I never wanted you and for good reason…”

“STOP IT!” yelled Ginny in a horrified voice as she looked at Harry. It had cut her, not because of what he was saying, but because it was Harry of all people saying those words, but Harry’s lips just contorted into a twisted smirk, unlike anything that she had known from Harry or rather thought she knew.

“The truth hurts,” said Harry viciously. “And you know it’s true by the look in your eyes, you are the one who has hurt me the most and the one that has caused more trouble by trusting your little friend inside the diary.”

Lily jerked her eyes opened as shoe looked around. She was in the front room of Godric’s Hallow and James was sitting there, looking rather concerned. Lily wondered what exactly was going on, sure she could not have hallucinated the last seventeen and a half years? She suspected the work of dark magic, but James had looked up.

“Is there something wrong Lily?” asked James.

“No, James nothing, I must have dozed off, I’ve been working hard,” said Lily evenly, she thought it was best to play along with what was happening for now, until she figured out what was going on. She looked outside and her blood ran cold, rain splashed down to the ground outside, it was that night that Voldemort had found them when Wormtail opened. Sure enough the approaching footsteps lead to James jumping out and looking out the window, to see a robed figure approaching.

“Lily it’s him!” shouted James and Lily rose up with a start. “Go get Harry, I’ll try to hold him off.”

Lily almost wanted to protest this, considering how she knew it would work, but some force directed her legs to move. She rushed up the stairs, as she just heard the door burst open behind her shoulder. Lily quickly moved up the stairs, throwing the door open to her son’s run. Harry was stirring, the one year old looking very annoyed at being prematurely woken up. Lily shushed Harry and picked him up, trying to get her emergency Portkey. When she tried to activate it, it would not move, much like she suspected it to. Downstairs a loud crash was heard and footsteps were heard. They quickened, Lily placed Harry down, there was no way she could get downstairs or escape in anyway. The door opened, as it swung open, to reveal the snake like face of Voldemort, who stood coldly.

“Stand aside you silly little girl,” warned Voldemort and Lily just stood there, not moving, not saying anything, as she mentally placed the ritual that would be the downfall of Voldemort, not knowing what to believe, whether or not dark magic was in play. “Did you not here me, I told you to move, you have tempted with fate, by you defying me, you won’t be allowed to do so any longer. Join me and I will allow you to live.”

“I’ll never abandon Harry,” said Lily firmly.

“AVADA KEDAVRA!” yelled Voldemort and a jet of green light blasted right towards Lily. She did not back down, she allowed the light to hit her and she dropped to the ground, as she could sense Voldemort turn his attention to Harry, with a smirk, as Harry began to scream his head off, as Voldemort raised his wand. “AVADA KEDAVRA!”

The light struck Harry and Voldemort stood, with a triumphant look in his eyes. The child dropped down where he laid, not moving, laying there, unmarked, but not alive. Voldemort walked off, his work dome, as the Potters had been destroyed. Lily’s senses slowly went back to her, her mind fogged, trying to fight off the illusions, but seeing her son dead at any age terrified Lily, no matter the circumstances.

“No, Harry, it’s not happening, you’re not dead,” begged Lily. “It’s some kind of trick, some kind of dark magic, I did everything I could…”

“You got us both killed, you stupid Mudblood,” said a voice and Lily looked up, her blood running cold, as she saw the spectral form of James standing there, looking at Lily with contempt. “I see now why they all thing that muggleborns are useless, you ruined my life, you got our son killed, my son, by tampering with your little rituals.”

“James, I tested everything, nothing should have gotten wrong,” begged Lily, finally getting caught up on the horrific illusions around her.

“It did,” said James coldly. “I wasted my life chasing you, I could have had anyone, but I settled for you. You were useless, you did nothing to save us, either of us…”

“I tried to get us out, you were the one who listened to Dumbledore, if you wouldn’t have listened to him, we could have gotten out of this country, away from this all,” argued Lily, who began to get angry.

“Well, you should have done a better job talking me into it, you gave up too easily, this was a plot for you get my fortune, wasn’t it?” accused James. “All of the gold to yourself, Lily…”

“Listen, you arrogant idiot, I would give up all the gold in the world to get you and Harry back,” said Lily, who was losing her patience, but James responded with a cold laugh that brought Lily back to her senses. “This isn’t like you James, because it isn’t you. I know what happened, Draxxor forced me to see this, I need to get out of here, to help Harry and Ginny, they’re in trouble as well…”

“You killed Harry!” yelled James. “And you got me killed as well, if it wasn’t for you, I would still be alive”

“No, James, Voldemort killed you and there hasn’t been a day that I forgot that, nothing I could do would have saved you, no matter how much I wanted to try,” said Lily in a regrettable tone of voice, as she looked at the twisted representation of James Potter, that began to become inaudible as the illusion began to fade. “A boggart I should have known. Riddikulus.”

Lily put all of her power into the spell, as it struck the boggart and the scene around her slowly faded. She was inside the dome and she saw Ginny and Harry stand there, motionless, but a haunted look in their eyes and Lily could see immediately that they were fighting some kind of horrific battle. Harry seemed to being hanging on the most, so Lily reasoned that she needed to snap him out of it first and with the bond, it would be easier for Harry to snap Ginny out of it.

Draxxor watched, as the crystals were pointed to the ground. His demons brought an archway into the picture, cloaked by a veil. From beyond the veil, there were haunted whispers, that were intended to drive all humans to jump right through the veil, giving the horrors inside the Realm of Darkness fresh prey. Now, Draxxor would use the veil as the means to complete his plans from a thousand years ago.

“Place it down,” stated Draxxor and the demons placed the veil down. Draxxor flicked his wrist and tentacles burst out of the ground, latching the crystals to the veil. The crystals began to glow, as they siphoned the magic out of Hogwarts. “Only a matter of moments from the crystals to be charged up, to project the opening of the veil just outside the orbit of this planet and then we can begin to create the vacuum effect that will lead this planet back home.”

The demons looked excited, Draxxor could have taken the planet any time now, but once it was in the Realm of Darkness, it would be in his turf with millions of demons and other nastiness at his command. Any chance these mortals would have hand, even if it was microscopic would be no more. Draxxor checked the dome, it remained up, no doubt the three occupants would be driven insane soon enough.

Harry continued to fight his cracked mirror image and was knocked to the ground. The Dark Emperor swung the punch and knocked Harry backwards, as Harry felt blood drip from his face. As Nega-Harry stepped back, Harry saw the ground covered with bodies, the corpses of his friends and family were right in front of him.

“See the destruction you caused by not doing what was necessary,” said Nega-Harry coldly, as Harry backed off, a haze is mind, they were all fine. “If you had taken a stronger hand…”

“HARRY, NONE OF THIS IS REAL!” shouted a voice from the distance, causing Harry to give a start, and Nega-Harry to pause himself, before he rushed Harry, but Harry ducked the attack and leapt up, taking out his double with a kick. Another kick and the Dark Emperor backed off, before Harry gave his head a little shake. Nega-Harry raised his fist and Harry quickly dodged around, and leapt up, before he impacted his counterpart with another punch. Harry drew his fist back and threw it. He could not stop himself, as the form of his mirror counterpart had turned into Ginny as Harry’s fist just smashed right into her face. Harry gasped in fear.

“Why did you hurt me Harry?” asked Ginny, as her face was bruised and cut up by one punch, tears streaming down her face, as she looked up at Harry, as more blood dripped down, as Harry backed off. “All I ever did was love you, yet did this to me, you hurt me…”

Harry blocked what she was saying out of his mind, because it was all beginning to make sense, he saw some entity, with Ginny’s face, but since he felt nothing, he was certain it was not her. It was an amplification of fears, and it had attempted to distract him from finding a way out, as Ginny stood out, before Harry screwed his eyes shut, attempting to block the effects of the dome out of his mind. Sure enough, in a matter of seconds, everything was beginning to fate, despite the Ginny in front of him becoming more bloodied and beaten, but Harry heard a rattling sound, as the dome was beginning to falter, as it was unable to hold the illusion in Harry’s mind.

Harry collapsed to his knees, breathing heavily, as his mother rushed over to him, helping Harry up to his feet. Shaken, Harry rose to his feet, as he saw fluctuations of dark magic from around the doom.

“If we break the hold this thing has on Ginny, we should be able to escape the dome,” said Harry quickly, and Lily seemed to get the same wavelength as her son, as Harry turned to face Ginny.

In the Chamber, Ginny backed off, as Harry’s features became more contorted and twisted, demonic, as he was a rotting, walking corpse, as he breathed cold breath on her, that caused her to shiver.

“Why are you doing this to me Harry?” cried Ginny. “I made a mistake, no, you have to understand, I don’t….”

“I understand what a stupid bitch you are, Ginny,” interrupted Harry coldly and Ginny had put her wand to her throat, reading to use a cutting charm on it, rather than bear what Harry was saying to her.. “I understand…that you must understand that everything that you’ve seen since the cyclone hit you is an illusion, Ginny, you must fight it off.”

Ginny blinked, as she could have sworn she saw a much older version of Harry, but it flickered in and out of focus.

“You failed me…no Ginny, ignore everything,” said a first voice, before getting interrupted by an older, forceful voice, as Ginny nodded, she suddenly looked in the puddle, as she was seventeen, as opposed to the scared eleven year old girl into the Chamber, memories flashed back to her and she began to scowl at the demonic bastardization of her beloved Harry.

“Harry, I can feel you now, I couldn’t feel that thing, it’s trying to keep me back, he almost had me in…” said Ginny, before she aimed her wand and blasted the apparition in front of her. It flew back, smacking against the wall, as she felt something firmly grab her by the hands and gently pull her forward. The next thing she knew, Harry had her enveloped in a hug, Ginny resting her head on Harry’s shoulder, before he looked up in his green eyes. “I thought for a moment…it nearly had me fooled…”

“The dome’s power clogged our ability to think rationally, affecting each of our minds, you seemed to be a bit more susceptible to it for some reason, but it came close to trapping us into a mental prison of despair” responded Harry calmly, before he turned to his mother, as the dome began to rumble, as it began to crumble, as the gates of Hogwarts broke completely open from the backlash of magic.

The next thing they knew, Lily, Ginny, and Harry had all found themselves outside the dome and on the grounds, but large winds were kicked up and Harry chanced a look upwards, as he saw a huge black vortex swirling from high above Hogwarts, with fog leaking out of it.

“I know what he’s doing now,” said Lily quietly. “He’s using Hogwarts magic to create a super powered vacuum charm and open a portal above the school.”

“That’s the Realm of Darkness on the other side, isn’t it?” asked Harry grimly and Lily nodded.

“And Earth’s heading right for it,” summarized Lily grimly. “He’s going to drag the entire planet through into the Realm of Darkness, it was his plan all along. He just wanted to keep us out of the way.”
Sign up to rate and review this story