Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 18 Ice Breaker

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 18

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-11 - Updated: 2008-09-12 - 1097 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 18 Ice Breaker

After the French girl stopped freaking out, Joe and Aina helped out the two people that collided in the hallway. They were two of their three roommates. While they were finishing up getting all of the clothes off the floor and into their proper suite cases their last roommate could be seen coming from the elevator. She was a petite Asian girl with long, straight, jet black hair, similar to Aina's.

"Why don't we all get settled, then we can have a little meeting or something in the living room later," Aina suggested.

Everyone agreed and the three girls set off to unpack their things in their room while, the two boys did the same in theirs.

"Did either of you want a specific bed or dresser?" Aina asked.

"It seems we have a very large walk in closet," came a heavy French accent from the blonde. "There will be no problem sharing that as long as we set some boundaries. Now dressers, I just need a place to put my underwear. And as for beds," she said turning toward the beds, "I like the pink one in the middle."

"Okay, and you?" Aina asked her other roommate. She just shrugged her shoulders. "Well, what color do you like better, the light blue or the yellow?"

"I do like the yellow," she said with a hint of a Chinese accent.

"Okay, then I'll take the blue by the window."

After the girls unpacked all their clothes and other things they entered the living room to see that the boys were already there.

"Okay so what should we do now?" Joe asked.

"How about... an ice breaker?" Aina lamely suggested. What are we in middle school? She thought to herself.

"Why would you want to break ice?" The French blonde asked.

"Oh no it's just a figure of speech, what I meant was we all introduce ourselves. You know to get to know each other a little better," Aina explained. "I'll go first I guess? Umm... my name is Meredith Aina Andrada, but everyone calls me Aina, and I'm from America."

"Oh, that sounds simple enough. My name is Jacqueline Nicolette Delancy and I'm from France," Jacqueline said.

"Okay that was good, anyone else want to go next?" Aina said.

"I'll go. My name is Joe Jonas and I'm from America."

"My name is Rahul Judd and I'm from India," he said with an Indian accent. Everyone nodded and looked at their last roommate.

"Oh umm... I'm Chan-juan Chen and I'm from China," she said with a tiny voice.

"Well it was nice meeting you all," Jacqueline said. "So boys, either of you have girlfriends?"

Home girl works quick, Aina thought before saying, "Umm... Chan? Can I call you Chan or do you like Chan-juan?"

"Chan is fine," she said with a small smile.

"Okay, you wanna help me look for something to eat. It's almost lunch and I'm sure everyone's hungry."

After receiving a nod from Chan the two girls got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Where are you two going?" Joe asked.

"Looking for food," Aina said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. A few minutes later Aina and Chan came back with chips and dip. "There's barely anything in there, just snacks. I guess they expect us to go grocery shopping on our own."

"Maybe that's what the credit cards are for," Rahul said. "You got them too right?"

"Yes, but does that seem a little suspicious to you?" Chan asked.

"Yeah, why would they automatically assume that we're responsible enough for a credit card that they're gonna end up paying for. Iknow I wouldn't," Aina said

"That's because you're a pessimist," Joe said jokingly and Aina stuck her tongue out at him, which only made him laugh.

"Maybe we should talk to Ms. Holmes before we actually use them," Jacqueline continued.

"I agree, but what are we going to eat? Chips for the rest of the day?" Joe asked.

"Well there are other things to eat, like sandwiches," Aina said.

* * * *

The next day the five interns got up at 6:00 am for their 7:30 am breakfast with Ms. Holmes. Chan was dressed in a three-button polo and dress pants. Jacqueline wore a sleeveless plaid tweed dress.

"You know this is a casual breakfast right? She doesn't expect us to dress nicely," Aina said walking out of the bathroom in a simple fitted shirt and jeans.

"I know but this is what I'm used to wearing, you never know when you might meet a handsome young man," Jacqueline said as she strut her stuff out of their room to see the boys waiting for them dressed in asimple t-shirt for Joe and a polo for Rahul, and jeans.

The interns walked a few buildings over to the little restaurant they were meeting Ms. Holmes in, as instructed in their schedule. They were a little early so they were seated at a table to wait for her. A few minutes later, a lady about 5'4" in height with light brown shoulder length hair came walking up to them.

"You are the new interns I presume?" She said with a slight British accent. When she got a nod form them she took a seat. "Well, I am Alicia Holmes. I'm glad you all could meet with me today."

After they introduced themselves and got threw some particulars and Ms. Holmes answered their questions. The credit cards were to be used somewhat like petty cash. If they needed anything, such as food or any necessity whether it be personal or business, they would be able to use the cards that TTR would pay for.

"TTR is the most prestigious and prosperous recording studio in all of England, we haven't had to worry about debts since all of our past interns have been very responsible," Ms. Holmes explained.

She also talked about getting to intern in the studio.

"The process to decide who gets the in-studio internship is pretty simple. Employees of TTR will be watching you, all of you. Whenever they see fit they will fill out a little comment form and write about anyone of you that display either good or bad qualities while in the work place. When the time comes we will go over every one of those comments and from there decide whether you deserve it or not."

Aina looked over at Joe. He had a serious expression on his face. When he turned to look at Aina she gave him an encouraging smile and he smiled back.
Sign up to rate and review this story