Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 23 Mandy Always Knows? More Like Jacqueline!

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 23

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-17 - Updated: 2008-09-17 - 1347 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 23 Mandy Always Knows? More Like Jacqueline!

It was their third day of their new jobs. Since their promotion everyone, except for Chan, seemed to be working nonstop.

"Mr. Sellers doesn't have much for me to do," was Chan's explanation. Unfortunately, some of the others didn't have that luxury. Joe and Jacqueline would be doing things for the ever demanding Mrs. Gilbert, while Aina and Rahul always seemed to work earlier than usual and came home later than usual as well.

"No wonder they needed two of us," Rahul said as they settled down at a little coffee shop on their break. "How many photo shoots do you need to do in a week?"

"It's only been three days and they've had 10 radio interviews, 3 club shows, 10 photo shoots, and 5 magazine interviews. Why can't they just have one giant press conference for the interviews? It would have been much easier," Aina said rubbing her feet.

"Well, at least we get a break while they're doing interviews."

"I should get Chan or someone to bring me my tennis shoes for tonight," Aina said as she pulled out her new phone and called Chan.

That night all the interns helped set up a club that TBWTLNJ were playing at. It was different than the other clubs that they've been playing at. This was a bigger club and the performance had been promoted for weeks in advance. There were going to be other stars there and they needed everything to be perfect. This was the most amount of work Chan had to do since she started working for Mr. Sellers, but like a good worker she didn't complain. Joe, Jacqueline, and Chan got to leave once everything was in order, so instead of staying around to listen to the band and schmooze with the guests, they decided to go home. Rahul and Aina had to stay late until the band was done with their performance and were safely out of the building. Luckily, the concert went off without a hitch, although there seemed to be something going on in the penthouse.

"I just don't understand," Jacqueline said.

"What don't you understand?" Aina asked as she and Rahul came in through the door after the concert.

"I think Mrs. Gilbert likes Joe better than me."

"Why do you think that?" Aina asked.

"I didn't know Mrs. Gilbert was capable for liking... anything," Rahul said.

"She's always sending me to run around the CITY and all Joe has to do is run errands in TTR!"

Everyone looked over at Joe.

"What do you want me to say?" Joe asked.

"Well," Aina said, "do you agree with what Jacqueline says?"

"Maybe."

"So why don't you say anything!?!" Jacqueline erupted.

"Well, I doubt that she'd listen to me. She doesn't take crap from anyone, you honestly think she's gonna listen to me?"

"Maybe the next time she asks Jacqueline to do something, you should offer to do it instead," Chan suggested.

"Okay, I'll do that next time," Joe said standing up. "Sorry I didn't think of that before. Forgive me?" Joe asked opening his arms for a hug.

Jacqueline looked up at Joe and laughed as Joe pouted his lips. She hugged him and said, "Of course I forgive you."

Jealousy hit Aina once again and she immediately went into the girl's bedroom to get ready for bed.

"Hey," Joe said coming into the girl's room. "I saved you and Rahul some dinner."

"We actually had dinner with the band so we're good... or I am at least," Aina said looking out the door and through the kitchen to see Rahul eating.

"Oh, so... I guess you had fun?"

"Yeah it was. I mean all we did was pretty much watch the doors and listen to music."

"So we still on for Saturday night?"

"Yeah of course! I wouldn't miss it."

* * * *

The next day at work Jacqueline once again found herself running around the city running errands. She was heading back to TTR when she was done to hang out with Joe for their lunch break. He always insisted that they hang out together during their breaks. Jacqueline walked to Mrs. Gilbert's office and stopped when she heard faint moaning coming from the office.

Is Mrs. Gilbert... masturbating? Jacqueline thought to herself. Her husband has been gone for a really long time. She must be really horney. Well, this could be a way to piss her off without getting fired. So she knocked as hard as she could on Mrs. Gilbert's office door.

When Mrs. Gilbert answered the door she looked more like a bitch than usual.

Success, Jacqueline thought to herself before saying, "I'm back from running errands Mrs. Gilbert, I'll be taking my break now. Do you know where Joe is?"

Before Mrs. Gilbert could chew Jacqueline out saying something about not needing to be bothered Joe came out behind her and said, "I'm right here. Let's go."

"You were in there with her the whole time?" Jacqueline asked when they were safely in the elevator.

"No, I did run errands," Joe said hoping that she didn't start yelling like she did the night before.

"No, I mean before I got there. You were there for about 3 minutes before I got there?"

"Ummm... yeah. Why?"

"What were you doing?" Joe tensed a bit when she asked this.

Does she know? Joe asked himself before saying, "She just wanted me to give her a small massage. It was nothing." The truth seemed harmless, but he knew there was more going on with Mrs. Gilbert.

"A massage? That doesn't seem very professional of her," Jacqueline said. I guess that explains the moaning.

"I don't know. Where do you want to eat today?" Joe said changing the subject.

They ended up going to a little pub nearby. The silence was thick as they waited for their food.

"We're friends, no?" Jacqueline asked.

"Of course we are," Joe said in response.

"Friends can tell friends anything, am I right?"

"Yeeaaahhhhh."

"Just making sure," Jacqueline said. The silence was back and it was killing her. She wanted to know if there was something more happening in that office, but if she learned anything since the internship started, it was that she shouldn't pry. But she couldn't contain herself anymore, so she pried just a little bit. "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

Joe knew that she wanted to talk more about the office, but he didn't want anyone to know about that. So he said something that he knew would get her mind off of it.

"Well," he started, "I'm going out with Aina this Saturday."

"What?!" Jacqueline asked surprised. "When did you ask her out?"

"Monday. But don't get the wrong idea, we're just hanging out."

"What nonsense!" She said as Joe gave her a look. "You two like each other like Romeo and Juliet like each other." This just caused Joe to laugh. "It's true!" Jacqueline continued. "I see the way you two look at each other, the way you talk to each other, and not to mention how you flirt with each other."

They got their food and Joe sat there slowly eating some of his chips.

"Why don't you do a little something special for her on your date." Jacqueline said breaking the silence once again.

"It's not a date."

"Fine. But I still think you should do something special for her. You two are in London. It's a romantic setting, not as romantic as France, but romantic all the same," Jacqueline said as Joe let out a chuckle. "You want to be with her and she wants to be with you."

"How do you know she wants to be with me?"

"I am a woman, I know these things."

"Okay," Joe said laughing. "I'll think of something."

"Good. Now let's hurry so that we don't get in trouble for taking a long lunch."

Author's Note: When I said chips earlier I meant fries, but their in London and they call them chips there, so I'm gonna leave it as chips lol
Sign up to rate and review this story