Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 3 The Party

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 3

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-09-28 - Updated: 2008-09-29 - 1074 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 3 The Party

It was two days later, Saturday, the day of Michael and Lydia's farewell party. Kevin kept Jenna in bed all morning to keep her mind off of her exam. She was still pessimistic about it, but didn't want to schedule another one just in case she did pass. By keeping her in bed she was distracted and they both were happy in the end.

It was nearing 4:40 when they decided to get out of bed and shower together. Begrudgingly, they got out of the shower to get ready for the party. By 6:00 they were out the door and about 15 minutes later they were knocking on Aina's front door. Nick was the one to greet them at the door, but Aina wasn't that far behind.

"Hey guys, come in," Aina said with a smile on her face.

The house was filled with people, Larissa and her parents, Gene and Evelyn Johnson were there, Jenna's parents, Ferdinand and Lily Parker were there, the rest of the Jonas family, as well as a few of Aina's family and her parent's friends.

"Just mingle," Aina said. "My parents are gonna be making a speech or something soon and I have to greet more guests." She gave them both a hug before heading for another part of the room to some other people.

Kevin noticed that his grandparents were off to the side talking to Aina's father and a couple of his cousins talking to Larissa not far from them.

"Nick, why are there our relatives at Michael and Lydia's goodbye party?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know, some of them just kinda showed up. I guess Joe just invited them over when he found out," Nick said with a shrug.

"Jenna!" Came a voice off to the side.

"Hey Auntie Lydia," Jenna greeted.

"Kevin, nice to see you both could make it."

"We wouldn't miss it. Plus I was hoping there would be some of your great marinated chicken," Kevin said with a laugh.

"Of course," she said then turned to Jenna with aserious look. "Aina told me you took your NCLEX exam the other day."

Jenna sighed. "Yeah I did. I don't think I did so well. I don't remember anything."

"Oh sweetie, it's okay. I'm sure you did great. When do you get your results?"

"In a few weeks I think."

"Umm... Lydia," Kevin interrupted their little conversation. "Are you and Michael okay that Joe invited some of our family here?" He asked.

"Oh it's fine. Actually, we invited them. The more the merrier, right?" Lydia said with a look of elation.

"Lydia," Michael said walking up to them. "Oh, hey you two."

"Hey," Jenna and Kevin said together.

"We should make that speech now," Michael said directing her to the other side of the room. "I'll talk to you two later okay."

"Okay," they both said.

"I didn't even know our family flew out here," Kevin thought out loud.

They both turned to the other side of the room when they heard Michael speaking in to the karaoke microphone.

"Hello everyone," Michael said. "We're so glad you all could make it. We didn't realize you all wanted us to leave so bad," he joked, which caused some laughter.

"Ha ha ha ha," came the loud laughter from a young man Jenna and Kevin didn't recognize. "Ho, Uncle, you so funny!"

"Okay thank you James, now shut up," Michael said before everyone laughed. "My nephew, ladies and gentlemen. No, he's not drunk; if he were drunk he wouldn't be talking."

"It's true," Aina said next to Jenna and Kevin, playfully sticking her tongue out at her cousin.

"Back to what I was saying, my wife, Lydia, and I will be moving to Vegas in a few days and we wanted to thank our daughter, Aina, and her boyfriend, Joe, for planning this get together, and of course all of you for coming." There was a little applause before Lydia stepped up to speak.

"But this party isn't just for us," she said. "As some of you have noticed, you may not know who we are or even half the people in this room. We'd like to thank the Jonas family and some of their extended family for joining us as well."

"Could Paul and Denise come up here please," Michael requested.

As they walked over to Michael and Lydia, Joe walked over to Aina.

"This isn't what I think it is, is it?" He asked her.

"They don't even know that I said yes... or that you even asked," she said back.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jenna asked.

Michael handed Denise the mike and she said, "You see, Paul and I were planning a different party with Michael and Lydia here," she said. "We found out about this farewell party Joe and Aina were planning, so we decided tonight was the best night..."

"So," Paul interrupted. "We all decided to make it a joint party."

"'Kay wait," came James's voice again. "What's the other party for."

"James, you're so loud," Aina said just as loud, laughing.

"I think Joe should answer that," Michael started, "Joe, would you like to tell them or ask a question, maybe?"

Joe walked behind Aina and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I guess they don't know," Joe whispered in her ear before saying loud enough for everyone, "Well, it would be easier to show you," Joe just reached for Aina's left hand and raised it for everyone to see the ring on her ring finger.

The room erupted in chatter. The most distinguishable things heard were different forms of "Congratulations," and "Look at that rock!"

Somehow Joe and Aina were separated by a sea of people, with Larissa and Jenna asking Aina questions a mile a minute.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Larissa asked.

"Was that on your finger when we were looking for houses?" Jenna asked before Aina could answer Larissa's question.

"Were you gonna tell us any time soon?" Was another question from Larissa.

"When did this happen?"

"How did he do it?"

"Where did he do it?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Can I answer your questions later? I promise I'll tell you everything," Aina said getting her friends to stop talking.

"Okay but you owe us. This is big news," Jenna said.

"Yes, I promise, you'll get to know every dirty detail... if it were dirty that is. It wasn't," Aina said walking away.
Sign up to rate and review this story