Categories > Original > Drama > The Newlyweds

Chapter 13 A Plan to Move

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Newlyweds Chapter 13

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-13 - Updated: 2008-10-13 - 2135 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 13 A Plan to Move

A few days later Jenna was once again on her day off and Kevin was busy at work. Things seemed to be better between them after their last day off together. There were no awkward conversations of work; instead they were fine with just sitting in content silence, holding each other. She was now taking a relaxing bubble bath in their standard drop-in bathtub when she heard the house phone start to ring.

"Leave a message I'm relaxing!" Jenna yelled out loud.

You have reached Kevin and Jenna Jonas. We're not here right now, but leave a message and we'll get back to you, Jenna faintly heard Kevin's voice on the answering machine coming from the living room.

"Hi you two, its mom," Lily said through the phone. "You're probably either sleeping or at work. Well, anyway, I have some news that might help you with your house problem."

This definitely got Jenna's attention as she sat up a little in the tub.

"Jenna, I was visiting your Aunt Bertha, you know the one that always gave you those sugar free lollypops? Well, I was on my way back home and there was a quaint home with a for sale sign."

Jenna jumped out of the tub, almost eating it on the bathroom floor, and ran out to the phone while wrapping a towel around her.

"Just give me a call whenever you have time and I'll give you the details about..."

"Mom," Jenna said answering the phone.

"Oh, Jenna, you're home," Lily said.

"Yeah, ummm, so where is it? What does it look like? Did you take down a number or talk to the realtor?"

"Yes, I took down the number. I'll come over and we'll give them a call."

Within a few minutes Lily was at the apartment. Jenna called the realtor with her mother listening in on the other phone. They decided to meet up in a couple hours at the house.

"Okay, so the house is $690,000 and they want at least a 10% down payment," Jenna said with a sigh.

"Well, that's not so bad," Lily said.

"Money's gonna be pretty tight if we get this house now."

"Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Why don't we meet up with this guy like we planned then you can talk to Aina about it tomorrow? She'll be able to get all this financial stuff figured out."

They were headed down to the house that was for sale. It wasn't too far from the apartment, just a couple miles away.

"Mom, these are the really nice houses," Jenna said alittle unnerved.

"I know they're all beautiful. You deserve a beautiful house."

They pulled up in front of a single story Spanish style home with a modern twist to it. Near the side walk was the for sale sign and just in front of them was a nice, black, 2008 BMW. A man stepped out of it as Jenna and Lily stepped out of Lily's Toyota.

"Hello, one of you must be Mrs. Jonas," he said. "I'm Josh Babas, I was the one to speak to you earlier."

"You can call me Jenna," she said. "It's nice to meet you. This is my mom, Lily."

"We appreciate you coming out on such short notice," Lily said.

"It's no problem at all. So would you like to take alook around?" Josh said as he led them to the front door. "As you can see there is a nice decent front yard. This drive way can fit about 2 extra cars; the garage itself can only fit one. The house has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths," Josh described as they walked up the little pathway to the front door.

Jenna was in awe. When they first entered the house they were greeted with a large room with hardwood floors. Straight ahead was a hallway that had a couple doors on the left as well as the right.

"These doors lead to the bed rooms, the master bedroom has its own bathroom," Josh continued.

At the end of the hall there was a perfect view of afireplace. Jenna walked toward it only to see another room which connected to a kitchen.

"We redid the counters to granite counter tops. If you wanted you could have dinner here on the counter," Josh said while patting the granite covered top of the counter that separated the kitchen with the back room. "Or if you wanted to you could have that room back there be a dinner." Josh pointed to the opposite side of the back room to another room. "There are a lot of things you could do with this place. Would you like to see the back?"

"This is a beautiful place, Jenna if you don't get it I think I'll ask your father if we can," Lily joked as she stepped through the sliding doors to the back yard.

The three of them stepped out to a fairly large backyard. It was simple, no pool or plants, just a simple yard with a fence to separate it from the other homes surrounding it, and a couple full grown trees.

"This is all so beautiful," Jenna said. "I have a question though."

"I'm here to answer them," Josh said with a smile on his face.

"Why is it only $690,000? I mean a place like this must be in the millions."

"You're right, this place would usually go for about one mill at the least, but the bank had no choice but to foreclose the mortgage of the previous owners. Foreclosed homes are usually cheaper, around 30 to 40 percent."

"Well, aren't you lucky Jenna," Lily said giving her anudge.

"Mom please," Jenna said causing the three of them to let out a light chuckle. "Well, this is a really nice house and I'd love to buy it, but I'm going to check with my husband first before making a decision. I'll have to talk to my accountant as well."

"I completely understand," Josh said as they walked back to their cars. "If you want I can e-mail you pictures of the house to show your husband and if he wants to talk to me personally, then you have my number. Also here's my card for my cell for when I'm not in the office."

"Okay, thank you so much. It was nice meeting you," Jenna said as they all got into their respective cars.

"Well, that went well," Lily said as Jenna just nodded her head. "Nice touch mentioning your accountant. It made it sound very... professional."

"Mom, I wasn't about to say I was gonna talk to my best friend about it and I really want this house, I want him to see that I'm serious by hiring an accountant and everything."

"You think Kevin will go for it?"

"If Aina thinks we won't end up going bankrupt, then yeah, maybe." A smile started to form on Jenna's face before she blurted out, "Oh my gosh I want that house!"

Jenna was so excited when her mom dropped her home. She was antsy while waiting for Kevin to get home, but when that time came and he entered the apartment, Jenna's excitement went away.

"Hey," Jenna said when she saw Kevin walk in through the door.

"Hey," Kevin said back as Chelsea walked in right after him. "I hope you don't mind, Chelsea's place is getting fumigated and with the tour starting in a few days I told her she could stay till then."

"Oh, right, the tour. A few days? Really?"

"Yeah," Kevin said sensing her distress. "Chels why don't you put your stuff away it's the first door on the right."

"Okay," she said picking up her suitcase. "Thanks for letting me stay here you guys. I really appreciate it."

"No problem." Kevin waited for Chelsea to close the bedroom door before continuing. "Are you okay? The days have been kind of meshing together hasn't it?"

"Yeah, I didn't even realize you were leaving so soon," Jenna said in a solemn voice. "And you'll be gone for 3 months right?"

Kevin nodded even though she wasn't looking at him. "Three months away from each other."

Jenna threw herself to Kevin embracing him in a hug and burying her face in his chest and tears coming to her eyes.

"Does that mean I have to move all on my own?" Jenna asked with a sniff.

"What are you talking about?"

"We can move. I'm gonna talk to Aina about things and we probably won't have to renew our lease," Jenna said starting to get excited again. "My mom found a house. It has 3 bedrooms, two baths, it's so beautiful, not too far from here, it has a dinning room, a beautiful kitchen, and a yard, a really nice yard."

"Wait, what?" Kevin interrupted. "Do we have enough money for a house?"

"Well... I'm not sure, yet," Jenna said before proceeded to tell him about everything that happened that day and showed him the house Lily found. They didn't realize Chelsea was looking over their shoulder.

"That's a really nice house," she said.

"Oh Chelsea," Kevin said with a laugh. "I almost forgot you were here."

"Gee, thanks," Chelsea said pretending to be insulted.

Throughout the days leading to the first day of the tour Jenna felt like an outsider in her own home. Chelsea and Kevin were always talking about work and music in general, something Jenna didn't have any opinions on. To her music was just a form of entertainment, to them music was apassion of theirs as well as their job. Jenna would simply slip out of the room whenever they got into a discussion about the pros and cons of old school heavy metal or their favorite discussion, the legends of the 80's. Instead she'd call up Aina to talk about the house buying situation. Aina seemed to be taking everything into her own hands leaving Jenna to just hang back and make a few approvals when needed.

Jenna was now on another one of her 12 hour shifts glad that she didn't have to deal with being left out, but upset that she was jealous of how close they were getting. Adding on to her frustration was that she wasn't able to watch over Kevin and Chelsea while they were alone in the apartment.

"Hey Xavier, how are you doing?" Jenna said as she came in to check on him.

"Good," he said. This was his last day in the hospital.

"Excited about leaving this place?"

"Yeah, but I have I go back to school," Xavier said with a sour look on his face.

Jenna laughed. "Yeah, I'm kinda glad I don't have to go through high school drama, but sometimes I wish I went back to 7 hours of school instead of 8 to 12 hours of work."

"So how's Kevin doing? He hasn't been in to visit lately."

"Oh, he's been really busy with work. He's gonna be going on tour in a couple days."

"I knew he worked at some record studio, but I didn't know he actually sings and stuff."

"He's actually really good at singing, but that's not why he's going on tour, he's a producer. Well, now he's an assistant manager to this new singer and he's gonna be going with her for 3 months as they tour the west coast," Jenna explained.

"That sucks for you," Xavier said. "No offense."

"Yeah I'll miss him, but I'll be busy with work and moving, so hopefully those three months will pass quickly."

"So I guess this is it huh?"

"What are you talking about?" Jenna asked.

"Well, this is my last night here and apparently you guys are moving, not like I know where you guys lived in the first place. I probably won't be able to see you or Kevin after this," Xavier explained.

"Of courses you can," Jenna said encouragingly. "You know where I work and we're not moving out of the state or anything. Listen, Ineed help moving. It'll cost a fortune to hire movers, especially with Kevin gone. How about, when it's time, I give you a call and you can help me? That way you'll know where we move to."

"I don't know how much help I'll be, but that sounds like fun."

"Great, I already have your home number and everything," Jenna said with a smile. "Well, I have other patients. I'll be sure to say goodbye before I go home."

"Alright," Xavier said.

And with that Jenna left Xavier's room.

That boy is so sweet. I don't understand why he doesn't have any friends, Jenna said as she moved on to her next patient.

Author's Note:I have an obsession with having some random character named Bertha so you know I had to put it in there. Haha.
Sign up to rate and review this story