Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > 12 Long Hours

I beat Ares in an argument

by crazy_chik 0 reviews

Atlanta does something no mortal or god has ever done. And probably will never do again.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-10-14 - Updated: 2008-10-14 - 1113 words

0Unrated
'ello again!!! what are you raviolis doing in ze tomato sauce???!!! i told you to get out so I wouldn't have to eat you! oh well, now I will have to break my promise......

################################################################################################



We wove through the wave of parents, teens, teachers, and luggage so huge – I thought that they were actually people. We, and by we I mean mostly me, saw a group of adults that looked so lost and confused, they looked like they were already in Québec. As I walked closer, I realized that they were no ordinary adults, but the gods and goddesses themselves!! Well, it was just mainly Ares, Artimis, Hera, and Hermes. I walked straight up to Artimis, and said,

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m going to Québec City- what does it look like I’m doing?!” She replied.

“Why?!!!” I practically begged an explanation.

“Because we thought that it would be fun! Oh, and Jay’s a “Worry Fury.”

“A what? Uh-never mind. Listen, you can’t be here!! It’s too dangerous!! What if people find out—you know…..” I argued.

“Too dangerous?!! Are you kidding me? More like too dangerous for you guys!!! Oh yeah. Here’s another reason we’re here—TO SAVE YOU!!!” my mentor said a little too loudly.

“Loud much?! Well—whatever. It’s not my decision to let you come or not; I’m not the boss of you all. But even if you guys are planning to come, I’m begging you, don’t do anything stupid! Pretend that you’re all…mortal. This will be the biggest acting experience of your life!! Pretend that this is just a set for a movie, or whatever. You are not given a script, but the director has given the instructions that you are to only act the way all the other adults do. Think like they do, eat what they eat, be what they are!!! Are you ready to take on this roll?!!”

Artimis had the look of complete bewilderment plastered upon her face. I wondered if she stayed like this long enough, maybe she would be permanently stuck like that. That probably wouldn’t go so well with the other gods, and goddesses. I’d be blown back home before I knew it! I shuddered in thought of going back home to two disgusting brothers, that rolled around in cow manure when my parents weren’t looking, and blamed the smell on me.
I discarded the thought, and instead, wove my hand in front of the goddess’s bewildered face.

“Well? What do ya say?” The Goddess of the Hunt finally came to, and manage to stutter “–um…yes?”

“Then go out there and make us proud!!!”

“Will do!!” And with that, my mentor stalked off still unsure of what she was supposed to do.

I sighed. Well, at least that problem’s somewhat solved. And with that taken care of, I went off in search of Archie. I still didn’t like his previous behavior, but I was willing to forgive and forget.

As I wriggled through humongous suit cases, I spotted Archie having his own little spaz attack with his mentor, Ares.
I managed to mutter a “What’s up” in the mist of the forever ongoing argument.
“WHAT’S UP IS THAT YOU’RE NOT DRESSED TO GO TO QUEBEC!!!! YOU NEED SWEATERS UPON SWEATERS, SOCKS UPON SOCKS, AND LONG UNDERWEAR UPON LONG UNDERWEAR!!!!”
Surprised that anyone actually heard me, I was surprised as ever when Ares insulted my winter wear. Archie emitted the same shocked gaze that Artimis had owned just moments before—only his was tinted with a touch of embarrassment that had come from his own mentor acting in such a way that was obviously not acceptable in the mortal world.
I suppressed my shock, and unleashed the foul-temper that I was known for. How dare he insult my clothing!! I was so dressed for Québec!! I even had my brand-spanking new blue and white ski jacket, my white-with-a-blue-stripe-down-the- side wind/snow pants, and my black toque and wool mittens!! How dare he call that not dressed?!! The nerve of him!!!

“Excuse me? How dare you talk to me like that!! You may be…y’know, taller than me, but I have access to the most feared weapons of all!!” I totally just dropped the bomb, and it exploded!! I was just as surprised as him that I had the courage to even say that straight to his face!!

“And what would those be, lil missie?!!” Man, he was roaring now. Aw geez! What have I got myself into this time?! Maybe if I keep talking, he won’t get that angry. After all, he can’t hurt me, I have a group destiny. If that’s broken, well then, he’s to blame!!

“Have you ever heard of the death-defying eyeliner, the life-sucking lipstick, the killer mascara, shall I go on?” Oh, I was good. I think I actually enjoy challenging gods in mortal environments! They can’t do anything to you with out giving any secrets or, causing a few thousand people to panic. Life. Is. Good.

“No, please don’t continue-it’s too scary. I am ever so sorry-wait! You don’t even have those Weapons of Mass Destruction!! I win!!!”

“You haven’t won yet. Maybe I do have those instruments of torture, and maybe I don’t. That, you will never find out. Either way, I could borrow some from Theresa- she won’t mind.”

“Whatever. I’m outta here gotta make an announcement over the P.A”

I had finally beat Ares at an argument!!! I felt like the weight of the world was lifted off of me!! I felt so weightless!! Or maybe that was because Archie was hugging me so hard that he practically lifted me off the ground. Either one works.

“I’m so proud of you Atlanta!!! I could have never done that myself.”

“I see the water bottle has worn off! Finally! I was readying myself for the silent treatment I was about to give you.”

“Oh yeah. About that. Listen, I am so sorry about all of that. Seriously! I was being extremely inconsiderate. Please, oh please forgive me!! I will never do that again!! Well, at least until we get home.” Archie begged like a puppy wanting a bone. What was strange about this apology was I could tell that he really meant it. It wasn’t one of those “yeah, whatever, I’m sorry” apologies, it was way more sincere. This was strange.

############################################################################################



ooh!!!! what willl atlanta find out??!!!!! r&r!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story