The End. Dumbles is tired from a prolonged squawk.
- 1)Any sane individual would have pissed and crapped on Bumble's grave.
2) Since Tonks, even skipping the kinky possibilities of a metamorph, still seems like such a fantastic woman that wizards must really be losers.
3) I expected Hermy to be a potion victim if she could have such purely physical reactionto MoRon.
4) Ginny the bicycle got off easy.
5) How could you allow Draco to survive? Did that little speech actually have some effect?
6) How could Tonks possibly cry over Remus' death? She should have gotten all that out of her system when she kicked him out.
7) Harry and Neville should help Rita write the definitive bio on Bumbles.
8) I hope McG never became headmistress.
9) How did Harry and Daphe do on the NEWTS?
10) Did Arthur or the other sons ever learn about Bumble's and Molly's plans?
11) Did Harry and Daphe ever get into politics to try and help the WW so they don't keep breeding Dork Lards?
12) I would have thought that MoRon would have gotten himself killed by now. His temper alone should have gotten him into several duels.
Author's response1. Well, yeah.
2. Oh, she had her love life... Just not on camera.
3. Think of it as sort of a 'Smart Girl, Insanely bad Choice' kind of thing.
5. Draco is an ass, but that isn't a killable offense outside of Texas.
6. Some women cry over old boyfriends. Its just something they do.
7. They don't like Rita much either.
8. Probably not.
9. Quite well, not that it mattered.
10. Yes. They weren't happy.
12. Again, YMMV...
(#) Loewenherz 2012-02-09 02:38:22 AMCertainly one of the best written attempts at fulfilling this Marriage Contract Plot Scheme i've read.
Okay, my stupid pseudoromantic predilection for Harmony-Endings was not catered to, but you've managed to give Daphne Greengrass a fascinating personality that rose her far above the usual ice princess clichés and made her exactly the kind of partner Harry needed at that point in time (and let her grow into a wife he could&would grow old with). I can't help myself but wonder, how your originally planned storyline might have worked out, seeing others like Susan or the Patils get the same treetment for their similiarly flat and 2 dimensional book-characters would have been interesting, not that Daphne was boring or otherwise lacking. It's been a nice variation on the typical fanfiction themes that they went along very slowly and didn't have the worlds best sex after 10 minutes of dating and all that...
the last but not least important part of your story is the fantastic humor you've strewn into it, alone the constant Dumbles-bashing with the make believe stories was wonderful! The grave wetting scene at the end was a nice touch too.
On the not so nice side of course the great treason ranks at the top of the list... that the Weasleys were such involved is disappointing everytime i find it in a story, but after Ron dropped Hermione like a used hanky it did actually hurt just from reading it and KNOWING how the reactions must have been. I didn't know that one could still raise the amount of hate this figure can incite, but you managed it with both hands tied behind your back... Similarly Ginny, but there the treatment with the fake Prophet article about "pauper Potter" and the loveless marriage after everything else failed in her life did much to avoid carmic backlash on the really big level, she has already got as good as it gets, i agree with the notion others uttered of "epic justice".
If there was anything at all where your style and narrative lsot a bit of their usual excellence it must have been the gruesome rescue of Daphne Potter from the Wizengamot, that was a little bit weird and quite unharrylike (ignoring the general "saving people" tendencies he's always had).
Hmmm i don't really know what i shall write anymore, it has been a long story, but it also was so thrilling and enjoyable that there aren't many things to note other than the general level of awesome that's blowing throughout the chapters. I had so much fun (even when crying like a mother in law at a wedding) Thank you for that!
(#) Arkarian23 2012-04-16 02:31:49 PMI quite enjoyed reading this story. It didn't ignore the events of the war and gradually included them which made everything much more interesting.
those ideas with how harry and Neville dealt with Voldemort were hilarious.