The End. Dumbles is tired from a prolonged squawk.
- Excellent conclusion.
Although I was sad that Hermione and Justin broke up, it seemed appropriate that not everything was neatly resolved. I'd like to think they might've reunited at some point after the Brasilian clinic scene.
Excellent ending for Voldie. And I particularly liked the way Harry and Neville treated Bumblebore at the end. Including the pissing on his grave bit!
- This has turned into one of my all-time favorite stories. It had humor, emotion, and even a bit of action here and there. The characters were realistic, frustratingly so at times, and grew with the tale. I loved how Hermione matured, it might be an interesting little omake to see her get together with someone, maybe even Justin searching her out to correct his earlier mistake? You turned Ginny from a slut to a harpy to finally a slightly sympathetic character. The irony that she winds up committing herself to living the same sort of lie that she was willing to force onto Harry was delicious.
Tracey finding herself attracted to a Weasley was a surprise. That could also be a tale to tell.
The only truly sad part was that Tonks never explicitly found someone after uncovering Remus's betrayal. You didn't explicitly say she hadn't so I am choosing to believe she did and you just didn't say.
I love Butch Cassidy too although that duo didn't come out of their fight quite like Harry and Neville did. I also like Harry's stroking the albino snakeskin belt in DD's deathroom. Sort of reminded me of "Romancing the Stone" when Micheal Douglas shows up in the alligator skin boots at the end of the movie.
Thanks so much for the story and I hope to see a new one soon.
Author's response- Many people have expressed a desire for me to tell a bit more of Hermione and Justin's stories, and others want to hear about the Tracey/Charlie courtship... and now you are asking about Tonk's... Maybe I should revisit this one.
Thanks for your kind words.
- Congratulations on finishing your most excellent story. I figured Harry would frustrate Albus to the bitter end. Harry and Nevile's annointing of Albus struck me as funny and quite in character for the story. I think I am going to read the whole thing through to get the complete gestalt. Thanks for writing. I am following most of your WiP's so I look forward to more of your fine work. W.
- sigh I don't know what the heck happened, but I was only able to click on a -1 when rating this story. I'm sooooo sorry, I really meant to rate it a 5! This is one of the BEST fics I've read in such a long time. Thank you for writing it and keeping me so wonderfully entertained. :-)
Again, I'd rate this a 5 if I could.
- That was a great ending to a great story. And I will just keep thinking that Hermione somehow ended up with Harry also, Since Dobby considers Hermione to be Harry Potters Miss Grangy. But that ending was hilarious i could just see that happening. and i can't wait for you to update distaff side, and sun source. And here's hoping that your next story is Harry/Hermione/Padma. Cheers
- A good ending with threads tied up nicely (I do feel sorry for Hermione & Justin but that does happen) with a nice touch of humor in the final scene. I do love that they never tell Albus and I figure they, of all people, have the right to "desecrate" his grave. Your scenes with Ginny and Tonks were quite poignant and the reader does feel for them (Ginny's an especially sad case, IMHO). I think the final resolution for Tom was so appropriate and I doubt it's something that Albus ever would've guessed as I doubt he'd have the data to work from, or had forgotten it as "insignificant" since it was pre-Hogwarts for Harry.
All in all, it's been a brilliant story. Cheers.
Author's response- The Zoo incident was one of the amazingly glaring plot holes that bothered me through out the series. There Harry performed some relatively powerful accidental magic, with no indication that the Obliviators ever responded to do anything about it. While it might be argued that the Dursleys knew about magic Dudder's buddy Piers didn't...