Categories > Original > Horror > Deranged

CHAPTER 5

by alb2991 0 reviews

IN THIS CHAPTER THE SECRETS ARE REVEALED....FIND OUT ABOUT TIFFANY'S PAST....AND FEEL THE PAIN OF A HAPPY FAMILY THAT IS NOMORE...

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2006-03-15 - Updated: 2006-03-15 - 4138 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

Present day

Tiffany Brown sat at the computer desk at the 23 precinct. She sat there looking up Jon Little. Christopher Brown sat on the other side of the office reading a book by John Grisham. He was very confused about what happened earlier in the day. He wondered who this Derrick Johnson person was and why Tiffany had never told him. "Baby I found an address. We can check it out in the morning." Tiffany shut down the computer and made her way over to her fiancee. He was still into his book and didn't hear a word she said. "Baby, baby are you okay? You have been weird since we left Sarah's house. What is wrong?" He snapped back and looked up at Tiffany. "Oh it's nothing just trying to get my head straight for this case. I don't need to crack." He lied through his teeth. " Well there is nothing we can do tonight. So let's go home and we can visit this Jon Little guy in the morning." She kissed him on the forehead and she took his hand and helped him up from the leather sofa. "Sure Tiff. I need some sleep." They left the precinct.

Carl Aiken was there in his bloody clothes for 3 days now and he hasn't had a thing to eat. He felt like just killing himself instead of waiting for Sarah to do it for him. The air started to get nippier and he thought about all the times he lied to his wife and kids. He began to doze off. Before he knew it he was asleep.

4 months earlier

Carl Aiken woke up and looked over to his left. There beside him was his beautiful wife. She had looked so nice in the sunlight. He leaned into her and whispered in her ear "I love you." She rolled over and began to slowly open her eyes. "What was that baby? I didn't hear you." Carl smiled. "Oh nothing. I have to go to work now. I'll miss you." He began to rise from his bed when his wife put her arms around him. "Don't forget that we are going out tonight for Michael's birthday." He turned around and looked at her. "I wouldn't miss it. I'll see you after work. I have to come back and change before the dinner." He kissed her one last time and made his way to the bathroom. Laura Aiken made her way down to the kitchen to make breakfast for her family. She scrambled the eggs to make French toast when the phone rang. She stopped scrambling and made her way to the phone. "Hello?" Laura said. She waited and then said it again. "Hello? Is anyone there?" No one answered. Laura took the phone from her ear and shrugged her shoulder and hung it up. "Who was that honey?" Carl asked his wife. "I have no idea. They didn't answer. This is the fourth time this week. This is getting ridiculous." Carl felt a shiver go through his body. "Well honey I have to go. So I'll call you on my way home." He kissed her on the cheek and left. "Michael come down and set the table." Laura yelled.

Carl drove to the place he has been going for a month. He was fired from work and had been going to his friends Fred's house until it was time for him to go home. The night Jon found Sarah and Mr. Aiken together he was furious. So the next day he came to class and instead of saying hello to Mr. Aiken he punched him the face. He was taken to the principal's office and that's when he knew he had to tell. So he spilled the beans about Mr. Aiken's love affair with Sarah. That led to a meeting with the board, which led to a decision to terminate him. He pulled up to his friend's garage and parked his car. His friend left it open everyday for Carl. Carl rang the bell and waited for Fred to answer. "Hey bud." Fred greeted him. Carl made his way into the living room and sat down. "Well man what is going on?" Carl looked at him. "Nothing. Today is my son's birthday. We have a dinner planned for tonight at this fancy restaurant. Then we might go see a film or go to the carnival. He loves rides." Carl brought his hand to his lips and did a swift motion to signal for a drink. Fred raised from the chair and walked into the kitchen. "You have to tell your wife about your job. She will find out eventually." Fred yelled from the kitchen. "I will man. I'm just scared. She will ask why and then I will have to tell her the truth." Fred handed him a glass of OJ. "But it will be better if you get it out now. The longer you wait the worst it will be." Carl laughed. "It will be bad either way." Fred turned on the television and they watched Maury. Maury's voice blasted through the speakers "Today's topic is about cheating husbands that tried to hide the truth from their wives. And today they want to come clean." Fred looked at Carl. "Take her on Maury. At least she can't slap you." Fred laughed. "Very funny asshole." Hours passed and Carl saw that it was time to leave. "Well man it was fun but I have to go. Same time tomorrow." Carl saw himself out. Just as he began to walk over to the garage Sarah Loews popped out from behind Fred's car, which was on the driveway. "What the hell?" Carl jumped. "I'm sorry Mr. Aiken. I need to speak to you." Carl looked at her with a blank stare. "How did you know I was here?" Sarah smiled. "I followed you. I stood here waiting. So can we speak please?" Carl took his keys out of his back pocket. "I can't right now Sarah. I have to be home ASAP. So maybe another time." The garage door lifted. "Well its about time Fred." Carl yelled. He walked to his car and Sarah followed. "Please Carl." He looked at her. "Don't call me that. I am not your peer." She looked at him and saw that now he was getting angry. "I'm pregnant Mr. Aiken." Sarah blurted out. "That is nice for you. I hope you and Jon are good parents." Carl put the key inside the car hole and turned it. "I never had sex with Jon Mr. Aiken. You are the only one." Carl dropped the keys on the ground. "Excuse me? You must be wrong." She got closer. She pulled on his tie to fix it. "No I'm not. You are the only one I had sexual intercourse with. You were first." Carl laughed. "What is so funny?" He looked at her. "I got into you so easily. How could I have been the only one?" Her mouth opened so wide that you would have thought that she was waiting for a fly to greet her. Carl bent down to pick the keys. "How could you say that to me?" She felt tears fill her eyes. "I love you Mr. Aiken." Carl opened his door and slid in. He looked at her. "Leave me alone from here on. I don't want anything to do with you or that baby, if it is mine. And you don't know what love is. You are just a common whore." He winked and closed the door and drove off. Sarah stood there crying. She rubbed her belly and tears fell to the floor. "It's okay baby. Daddy will come around. After tonight he will see how much I love him."

Carl drove to his house and pondered the possibility of that being his baby. He knew that he had to forget it and move on. He has a wife and two kids that need him. "Carl get it out of your head. Forget her and her crazy lies." Carl told himself. Just then his cell phone rang. Instead of looking at the number he just answered. "Hello." Carl spoke into the phone. "Where are you baby?" Laura asked. "I'm driving home right now. I should be there in fifteen minutes. So let me let you go. I'll see you soon." Carl hung up and continued to drive. When he reached his home there on the driveway was his wife. He knew something was wrong because there she stood in her bathrobe. He pulled up to the driveway and put his head out the car window. "What's wrong honey?" Laura looked at him with her arms crossed. "There is someone inside that wants to see you. She wouldn't leave." Carl looked at his wife and he felt a fear rise up from the depth of his soul. He knew who was inside and he knew that this was the time to come clean. "Well tell whoever it is that I will be right in." Laura looked at him. "Please hurry up. I don't want this day to be ruined." She made her way back into the house. Carl parked his car in the garage and slowly got out. He felt like turning back and confessing to everything over the phone. But he knew that he had to be a man and own up to what had happened. So he left the garage and made his way to the front door of his house. He slowly turned the knob but before he could open it out came the person that was waiting for him. "Mom?" Carl was shocked. "Yes it's me Carl. Long time no see." She hugged her son and they made their way into the house. Carl walked his mother back into the living room. "I'll be back mom. Stay here for a minute." Carl made his way up the stairs. "Hey dad. So what are we doing today for my birthday?" Carl looked at Michael. "Don't worry you'll see. Where is your mother?" Michael pointed towards the bedroom. Samantha walked by. "Dad mom wants to see you." Carl walked right by her. He reached the bedroom and opened the door. There Laura stood combing her hair. "Why is she here?" Carl asked her. Laura stopped combing and turned to Carl. "She's your mother. My guess is she needs a place to stay. As usual." She began to comb again. "Well we need to solve this right away. I have to get ready and we have to leave here in two hours." Carl walked over to the bed and sat down. He untied his shoes and he threw himself back and lay there. "Well Carl you need to that yourself. She is your freeloading mother." Carl raised from the bed and looked at her. "That is still my mother. Please don't speak about her like that." Laura did a little giggle. She raised from the chair that was in front of the mirror and made her way to the bed. She sat next to Carl and kissed him on the lips. "Your lips taste fruity." Carl told her. "Yeah that is my new lip gloss from Victoria's Secret. I knew you would like it." She kissed him again. "But Carl you need to do something and soon. Go down and talk to her. I'll finish getting ready." She made her way back to the mirror. "Sure honey. I'll be back." Carl raised from the bed and made his way to the living room.

"Mom we need to talk." Carl yelled as he made his way into the living room. But his mother wasn't there. "Mom where are you?" Carl yelled. "I'm in the kitchen honey. Come in here please." Carl huffed and puffed as he made his way into the kitchen. Just as he entered there she stood. No not his mother, Sarah Loews. Carl jumped back. "What are you doing here?" Carl walked over to her and grabbed her arm. "Ouch Mr. Aiken you are hurting me. See how he treats me mother Aiken?" His mother looked at him. "Let this poor girl go Carl. I taught you better then that." Carl let her go. "I'll ask you one more time, why are you here?" Sarah grabbed his arm. "Let's talk in the living room. We don't want a scene." Sarah looked deep into his eyes and that stare let him know that she wasn't playing. "Mom stay in here please. Ms. Loews and I need to talk alone." Sarah smiled at her. "Sure son." His mother took a gulp of her Wine. Carl made his way with Sarah in arm to the living room. She sat down and yanked him down next to her. "Mr. Aiken we need to talk about you taking care of your baby." Carl looked at her with anger and rage in his eyes. "I have nothing to do with that baby. I'm not leaving my family for some crazy bitch like you." Sarah put her hand over her belly.

"Don't speak like that in front of our child. You don't know what you are saying Carl."

"I told you not to call me that. I know what I'm talking about. This is our last conversation together. I don't teach anymore and I don't need to see or hear from you again." Carl raised from the couch and grabbed her by the arm and lifted her up. "Now get the hell out of my house." Sarah screamed.

"Ouch you are hurting me." She screamed again. "Let me go or I will tell your whole family about us." Just then his mother came into the living room.

"What the hell what was that? What about you two?" His mother yelled. Just then his wife made her way into the living room. "What is all this yelling about? What are you doing here Sarah?" Laura was still trying to put her earrings in. Mrs. Aiken looked at her and made a face. "You know this girl Laura?" Laura looked at her and responded. "Of course that is one of Carl's students." His mother looked at Carl and laughed. "Are you crazy child? You going to lose your job if they know what you been doing with that home wrecker." Sarah sat back on the couch and crossed her arms over her slightly exposed breast. "I guess it's time to tell the truth Mr. Aiken. But before you do let's get the kids in here to. Hey kids daddy has a gift for all of you." Sarah yelled. "Carl honey what is she talking about?" Tears began to form in Laura's eyes. "What is it dad?" Michael screamed as he came in the living room with Samantha. "Who are you?" Samantha asked Sarah. "I am Sarah Loews. A very, very good friend of your fathers. Insist that correct Carl?"

Carl fumbled with his fingers cause he knew that his time was up. He had to tell the truth. Carl walked over to his wife and took her hand. He looked into her now blurry eyes and he began to speak. "I love you and you know that. We have a perfect family together and I couldn't ask for more." He paused. Michael and Samantha stood there right next to their grandmother. He began again. "You remember those night where I had to work late right?" Laura nodded. "Well one time Sarah was there still in the school. She heard my music on in the class. You know that love CD you made me."

"By the way Mrs. Aiken those were some great love songs. You have great taste." Sarah told her.

"Shut up you bitch." Carl screamed. He looked back to his wife and continued. "Well there she stood keeping me company. She at there on the edge of my desk staring at me. Next thing she tells me that she has always had a crush on me. I told her I was flattered but I was married. She didn't care. Next thing I know..." He covered his mouth to let out a sigh. "She began to kiss me."

"What did you do Carl?" Laura asked. Carl felt tears build up in his eyes now.

"I kissed her back." Carl's tears began to roll down his cheek now. Everyone in the room stood silent for a while. Laura began. "Did you have sex with her?" Her eyes were now blood shot red. Carl didn't answer right away. "I asked if you had sex with her. Did you?"

"Yes I did." Carl answered her.
"More then once. And on other days too." Sarah butted in with her two senses.

Laura walked over to Sarah who was still sitting on the couch. "You fucking tramp you. You have the nerve to be here smiling in my fucking home after sleeping with my husband." Sarah looked at her. "Well I see it like this. If you was giving him what he wanted in the bed he wouldn't have strayed." Sarah said with her cocky attitude. Laura looked at her and laughed.

"Well what do I expect from some low life trash like you? Get the fuck out of my home. NOW." Laura had never felt so much hate in her life. Sarah got up from the couch and stood in front of Laura. "Well there is one more thing that was not told yet. I am pregnant. And guess who the daddy is." She made her last remark and turned around to leave. But before she began to walk Laura put her hand on her shoulder and swung her around. "You messed with the wrong bitch." Laura slapped her. Sarah's head did a swift turn. "Calm down Laura." Carl's mother pulled her back with her and the kids. Sarah touched her lip to see if there was any blood. None. Sarah laughed and made her way out the house. Carl looked at each member of his family and he felt fear. He walked over to Laura and put his arms out to hug her.

"We can pull through this Laura. We love each other too much to let this ruin our relationship."

Laura looked at him and wiped away her tears. "You are right Carl. I do love you. And we do have the perfect family. But I love myself and my kids more then I love you. So I want you out of this house." Carl looked at her. "You don't mean that honey." Laura took Samantha's hand and began to walk. "I mean everything I say you piece of shit of a man." She left the living room and made her way upstairs. "Michael I am so sorry for this. I didn't mean to ruin your 20th birthday. Please forgive me." Michael walked up to his father and hugged him. As he pulled away Carl smiled and Michael decked him. "You are nothing but a low life. A deadbeat father, and a horrible husband. I hope that I never turn out like you. Mom wants you out so leave." Michael made his way upstairs as well. There in the living room stood Carl and his mother. "Mom I never meant for this to happen. I love them so much." Carl could hardly talk cause he was crying so much. "Listen to me Carl. Just go away for awhile. Stay with a friend and let her calm down. This will work out I promise you that. I love you son." She kissed him on the cheek and left the room. There Carl stood with his pain. He knew he had to leave. So he made his way to the door and slowly turned the knob. He looked back at the now empty living room where family night use to take place and his last tear fell. He opened the door and stepped out into the world that was now dark and gloomy.




Present day

Tiffany and Christopher Brown stepped out of their car. They ran to their front door of their brown stone. There in front was a package. Same handwriting and no return address. Tiffany looked down at it and froze. "Another package?" Christopher asked. He bent down and picked it up. "Let's get inside before we get soak and wet." They made their way into their warm home. He placed the package on the front table and they made their way into the bedroom to undress. Tiffany sat on the edge of the bed in her nightgown and pondered the ideas of what was in that package. "Honey if you want to know what is in it then go get the box and open it." He said with anger. "Don't yell at me. I am very tense about this case." He looked at her. "Why? You had a case like this before you told me. And you said you solved it." Tiffany rose from the bed and made her way to the window. She peered out the window and responded. "I lied to you. I never solved the case." Christopher jumped like he was a jack-in-box. "What you mean you never solved the case? Why would you lie to me?" Tiffany looked back at Christopher. She saw how angry he was. "There is so much that I need to tell you." She took a breath and sat back down on the bed. She had her back to him. "I had a husband before you. His name as you know was Derrick Johnson. We were married for two years. I met him when I first started on the force. I took over for him cause he retired cause of bad problems." Christopher felt lost. He thought he knew everything about her. But here she was telling him about a past he never knew. She continued "So we hung out and fell in love. The next thing I know we married. I loved him so much." She began to cry. "Then one day I fold out that he was sleeping with other women. I hated him but I couldn't leave him. So I stayed and dealt with his cheating ways. So one day I was out and I came home and he wasn't there. I thought he was just out with his boys or something so I paid it no mind and went to bed. The next morning there was a package." Christopher got up from the bed and pulled up a chair and sat in front of her. "Go on and finish." Tiffany began. "It had his name on it. I was so happy and I opened it right away. But when I opened it and saw what was inside I freaked. There was his finger with his wedding band on it. The same thing like Mr. Aiken. I screamed and got dressed. I made my way to the precinct and asked Lieutenant Moore If he had heard from Derrick. He told me no and asked why. I showed him the finger and he knew that something was up. So we began to look for him. We searched bars, clubs, we even went to his mother's house. Nobody had seen him. Days go by and I received more packages. One time it was a ear, another time it was his foot, another time it was his...his...penis. We tried to find this person but we never caught the bastard. All I know is that one day I received my last package and inside was his head." Tiffany put her hand over her face and began to cry really loudly. Christopher hugged her. "We'll catch this person. I promise you that." She looked at him. "Please don't leave me Chris. I love you." He grabbed her again. "I won't leave you. I'm here to stay." He picked her up and laid her on the bed. He covered with their blanket and held her. "Let's get some rest. We have things to do in the morning. I love you." She closed her eye and drifted to sleep. Tiffany awoke from her sleep. She wiped the crust out her eyes and she looked at the clock on her nightstand. It read 2:00AM. She rose from the bed very slowly not to wake up Christopher. She made her way to the table where the box laid and she pulled up a chair and sat there. She stared at the box for like ten minutes before picking it up. She lifted the top slowly off the box and there inside was Mr. Aiken's ear. She took it out and held in her hand. She felt tears again. "I will catch this person Derrick. I will do this for you." She threw the ear back in the box and put the lid back on.
Sign up to rate and review this story