Categories > Original > Horror > Deranged

CHAPTER 9

by alb2991 0 reviews

THE SADDEST CHAPTER TO THIS STORY. AND IS SARAH GETTING A SOUL?

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-03-15 - Updated: 2006-03-16 - 2134 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9

Present day

"Wake up Carl. The sun is trying to greet you." Sarah slapped him. Carl slowly woke up. Still feeling sick and tired he strained to look up at her. But when he finally did he noticed that she wasn't alone. There beside her was her boss, the person that hired her to kill him. Still masked the person slapped Carl. "Wake up completely bastard. I have a gift for you." Carl blinked his eye. "What is it?" Carl wondered afraid of what it was. She pulled her hand out from behind her back and there in her hand was a pencil. "Why the fuck would I want that shit?" Sarah slapped him. "Don't you dare speak to my friend like that." The person bent down to stare Carl in his eye. "This is going to be the death of you. The final thing that will send you to your grave." The person waved the pencil in his face and laughed. Sarah looked at her watch. "I need to go now. So call me later." She tapped the person on the shoulder. "Sure. Just don't get into anything." Sarah smiled and blew a kiss at Carl. The masked person looked at the pencil. "This is so childish. What grown person would put their name on their pencil?" The person put the pencil in his face. There on the pencil read "Lindsey Cole." Carl opened his mouth to make a comment but the person stopped him before he could speak. "Yes I know what you're thinking. This is Lindsey's pencil. So what if it is. We need someone to take the fall. So this one little item will kill two birds with one stone or should I say one pencil." Carl felt a knot in his throat. He was going to die and an innocent person was going to take the fall for it without even knowing it.

2 months earlier

"Hey there Lindsey." Sarah called out to her. Lindsey stopped and looked at her. "Do you want to walk to class together?" Lindsey looked at her in shock. "Why?" Sarah put her arm around her shoulder and smiled. "We haven't talked in a long time. I was thinking that we could catch up." Lindsey walked reluctantly with Sarah to their Psyche 101 class. Their new teacher was a woman. Sarah instructed for Lindsey to sit next to her. As the teacher began to speak Sarah dug through her bag looking for something to write with. "Um Lindsey can I borrow a pencil please?" Lindsey took out one of her name pencils and handed it to Sarah. "Thank you Lindsey." The teacher still talking about the human emotions stopped. She looked up at Lindsey and smiled. "Wow Lindsey I think she has a crush on you." Lindsey looked over at Sarah. "Please. No she doesn't." Lindsey looked back at the teacher wondering if she really did have a crush on her. Sarah just sat there staring at Lindsey. Wondering in her mind why Lindsey was so naïve.

Carl Aiken sat there in this shitty ass hotel room. It was not a five star hotel either. There he stood reading the March issue of Sports Illustrated. Just then someone knocked on the door. Carl looked up in shock. Hardly anyone ever came to see him. He raised from the hard bed and made his way to the door. He opened and there stood Laura. She smiled. He smiled. And then in she came. He closed the door behind him and wondered why was she there. "Hello Laura. What are you here for?" Carl asked her sat down. "Well Carl." She sat down as well making a face as her ass hit the hard bed. "I'm here because I received the divorce papers." Carl looked at her in shock. "Please Carl don't give me that face. You knew what I wanted. So all I need you to do." She stopped and took out a pen and unfolded the paper. "Is to sign right here." She pointed the pen on the straight line that under read "Signature." He looked at her and smiled. "I'm not signing that Laura." He got up from the bed and made his way into the kitchen, which was in the same room as the bedroom. Laura watched as he poured himself a glass of Pepsi and not asking once if she was thirsty. "What do you mean you're not going to sign? We agreed that you would sign it." He sipped his drink and made a noise. "Ahhh refreshing." He sat down on the bed. "No Laura you agreed. I didn't agree to anything." She sat there. Frustration came over her face. "Look you fucking piece of shit. You will sign this or there will be hell to pay. So take the damn BIC pen and sign it." She threw the pen at him. He lifted the pen off the bed and put it between the paper and folded it back up. "I'm not signing shit." He said as he handed her the document. "Now that we had the talk I would like it if you left my plush room." She looked around the room and laughed. "Plush my ass. I will find a way to get out of this marriage." She took the paper and put it back into the purse. She walked to the door and turned around. "Have a nice day." She opened the door and left. Carl sat there smiling. He felt good for once. He picked up the remote and turned on the television. "Damn I'm good."

After class Sarah and Lindsey went outside to sit on the bench. Lindsey looked at Sarah. "Why don't you love me? I thought you wanted to be with me." Sarah looked at her. " I already told you that I don't swing that way. What happened in the hospital was because I was depressed. I reacted in a way I shouldn't." Lindsey felt tears. "But I love you. And I'm so sorry about Jon. I know I should have told you earlier." Sarah looked at her and felt anger. "You didn't even tell me. I heard from some other people. Speaking to Jon behind my back after what he did to me that day in the park is wrong. You're supposed to be my friend. But the worst part is that you were telling him every little thing about me. Keeping him informed like he was still my man." Sarah opened her bag and pulled out a box of cigarettes. "Sarah I know I was wrong it was just that he still loved you. He wanted to know if you were okay." Sarah took a puff and blew the smoke in Lindsey's face. She began to cough from the smoke. "Yeah whatever Lindsey. It is over with. He is gone from my life and so is our friendship. I thought we could be friends but I was wrong. I don't trust you. But I have to leave I have my appointment with Vincent Greene. So take care." Sarah put the cigarette out and walked away. Lindsey began to cry there on the bench. As Sarah walked she took out her cell phone. She waited to hear that familiar voice. "Yes what is it?" Sarah took the phone away from her ear for a quick second. "Is that how you greet your employee? So far the setup is working. Lindsey is sap and she is all ready to be set up. So when can I kidnap Mr. Aiken?" She waited. "Well there is change of plans. I know I said to just kidnap him and torture him for awhile. But now I need him dead. I'll even pay you more." Sarah smiled. "Whatever you say boss. So when?" The person coughed. "Sorry about that. Soon, very soon. We don't want things to happen too quickly with the other things that are going on. We don't need to be suspects." The person hung up. Sarah stood there smiling.

Present day

As it turned to night Carl Aiken woke. He had slept after the incident earlier on in the day. As he began to remember where he was at and everything that happened he cried. He felt pain all over and from all the blood lost he began to get more and more tired as the days went by. He just wished that they would kill him already. But part of him just wanted to talk to Laura first and apologize for all the wrong he's done. He looked down at the floor and cried even harder. "Stop the crying you fucking sissy." He looked up and there Sarah was. In her hand was an envelope that read "Kodak". He tasted his tears as they fell from his eye down to cracked burnt lips. "What is that?" Carl looked at her dead in her eyes. "These are the pictures. And no I didn't get them developed at a store. I did them myself at school. You remember how I took photography for fun. So did it there and put them in this envelope." She put the pictures on the table. He looked at her and smiled. "What are you smiling for you asshole?" He quickly lost his smile. "Can I please talk to Laura? I want to speak to her before I die." Sarah laughed. "Do you think that I'm dumb. I call her and you begin to tell her where you're at and who has you and then I go to jail." She shook her head. "I won't I promise. I have accepted that I'm going to die. I just want to say bye to her." Carl could hardly speak as he cried even harder then before. Sarah looked at him. "Okay. But if you try anything funny I will kill your daughter and Laura." Carl looked up at again. "I promise." Sarah took out her cell phone dialed *67 and waited for him to tell her the rest of the numbers. "Hello." Laura spoke into the receiver. Sarah held the phone next to his ear. "Hello?" Laura said again. "Laura?" Carl spoke. "Carl is that you?" Laura got excited. "Where are you? Are you okay?" She asked. Carl took a breath and began to talk. "No I'm not okay Laura. I need you to just listen. I am going to die." Carl cried so hard into the phone that Laura began to cry as well. "No you're not Carl. The detectives are going to catch this person and they are going to save you." Laura cried as she spoke. "No they are not honey. This is it. I'm going to die soon. I just want to say that I am sorry for hurting you. I love you so much. From the first day that I saw you with your long hair just blowing in the wind I knew that we would be together. And then when I kissed your soft cherry lips I fell in love with you. I knew that I wanted you to be my wife." He stopped cause he was choking from his bogeys dripping in his mouth. "I love you too Carl. I knew that I loved you." She stopped. "Laura what I did to you and our happy family was wrong. I hated myself ever since that first encounter with Sarah. I wished on so many stars that I could rewind time. But I couldn't and because of my stupid ways I lost the only thing that felt right in my life." He took another pause. "I need you to do one thing for me. Move on and be happy with someone else. Find another man that will treat you like the princess you are. And tell the kids that I love them. Tell Michael to keep doing the sports thing cause I know that he will be famous one day. And tell my darling little girl Samantha that she will always be daddies little girl. I love you all. Please be happy Laura. I will be watching you guys. Bye baby. And I'm sorry cause I missed it but happy anniversary Laura." Sarah took the phone off his ear and hung it up. "You heartless bitch you." Carl yelled as he cried. "Please Carl shut the fuck up. Well I have to go but enjoy your night cause it's your last. Tomorrow you say good bye to the world." She blew him a kiss, picked up the pictures and walked out the door. Carl sat there staring at the metal door. He was a little happy now that he got to speak to Laura. But he was still a little scared. Sarah leaned against the cold hard door. She began to cry. She felt sorry for Carl.
Sign up to rate and review this story