Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A little less sixteen candles

Hey kid, you'll never live this down

by TheBestFrigginShoes 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-12 - Updated: 2009-01-12 - 792 words

0Unrated
Over the past week I had become accustomed to Brendon holding my hand or hugging me everytime we were in the prescence of Amber. It made me uncomfortable, but he never seemed to notice. He was too wound up with Amber to really pay the slightest bit of attention to me. He had no idea how much it hurt when he would immediately break from our embrace or drop my hand like a hot potato everytime Amber left.

'You've been so down lately.' Liz was saying to me in town one Saturday 'What's bugging you?'

'Nothing.' I lied unconvincingly. She gave me a sceptical look but decided to drop it.

'So how is yours and Brendon's 'relationship' going?' Holly asked.

'Great.' I said flatly.

'Does it really gross you out that much?' She frowned. 'I mean I know it would be kinda weird for you, but still. You seem to really hate it. No offense but you've been acting really miserable in the past few days.'

'It's just-' I began, then stopped myself.

Part of me wanted to tell them. About everything. How I saw Brendon as more than a friend.How being part of his game to win back his ex was practically killing me. The idea of getting everything off my chest and being able to talk about it with someone seemed appealing. But for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

'It's just what?' Liz prompted.

'Never mind.' I said.

'No, go on, what is it?'

'Really, it doesn't matter.'

'Callie, would you just tell us what's going on already? We're your best friends.' Said Holly.

'Bet you've told Brendon.' Liz pouted.

'Trust me. I haven't. He's the one person that I really can't-'

I stopped and cringed. Too much. Too much. Stupid Callie, stupid!

We all came to a stop.

'What do you mean?' Liz queried.

'Nothing.' I said. Though I felt my cheeks heat up slightly.

'Your blushing!' Said Holly.

'No I'm not.' I defended, hopelessly.

'Tell us.' Liz said sternly 'Now.'

I gulped under her glare.

'Guys I can't.' I said.

'And why not?'

'Because I don't want you making a big deal out of it-'

'OhmyGod.' Said Liz suddenly 'you like Brendon don't you?'

'What!?' Holly yelped.

I looked between them both. Realising I probably wasn't going to be able to get out of this, I sighed in defeat, casting my eyes down to the sidewalk below me.

'I can't believe it' Holly breathed 'How? When?'

I shuffled my feet and looked up at her.

I took a deep breath.

'I've liked Brendon scince I was about fourteen. I didn't think much of it at first, but now I think I may possibly even love him. When he started going out with Amber I became really down. I tried to hide it from everyone, but now, pretending to be his girlfriend and knowing I can't ever really have him is just- it's too much.'

They looked at me silently for a moment or two with sympathetic looks on their faces.

'Oh Callie.' Said Holly, stepping forward and putting an arm round my shoulders. 'It must be horrible for you. And for two years now? Why didn't you tell us?'

'I dunno.' I sighed 'I'm sorry guys.'

'Wait a minute.' Said Liz thoughtfully 'What do you mean 'knowing you can't ever really have him?''

'I mean that I'm just his best friend, and that's all he'll ever see me as.'

'Not true!' Said Liz.

'Yes it is. You know it is. He's in love with Amber. That's it. There's nothing I can do about it.'

'What kind of attitude is that? You can't give up Callie. You know that even if they did get back together it would never last. I don't think Amber likes Brendon as much as he likes her. It'll never work. But you, you are the one that really loves him. And you gotta fight for the people you love right?'

That's exactly what Brendon had said.

'Yeah I guess so' I said.

'Excellent!' Liz said clapping her hands.'Now, we've just gotta find a way to make you appeal to Brendon as more than just a friend.'

The three of us went silent. Both of them looking deep in thought.

'Rest in resSuddenly, Holly perked her head up and snapped her fingers together.

'I've got the perfect solution' She beamed. 'A makeover.'



_______________


Hmmm it's OK I guess. And yes it is kinda cliche;. Thank you for reviewing last time:)
Sign up to rate and review this story