Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Light Is Electric

My Light Is Electric (Part 22)

by ohsotay23 3 reviews

Is Taylor gonna make it? Oh, and BIG plot twist. Just read and you'll see. A review would make my day. :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-01-14 - Updated: 2009-01-15 - 1721 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gabe’s POV

I sat in the chairs in the waiting room after I had been pacing for about two and a half hours. I couldn’t keep my nerves steady. I had to do something anything. I couldn’t sit here while I knew nothing about Taylor’s condition.

Once we’d gotten her into the ambulance they’d checked her vitals to make sure that her heart was fine and her breathing was steady and they found that her breath was wispy. Her heart was okay but they worried that it sounded a little week.

She also wouldn’t wake up.

Once we’d arrived she’d been rushed in and that was the last time I’d seen her.

I surveyed the room and saw everyone we knew in there.

The whole freaking tour, including the merch people and techies were taking up the waiting room. We were all worried, thinking the worse.

I looked and saw that Joe and Cam were curled up together on the little couch a few chairs down from me. At least something good happened lately. Let’s just see what happens with them when the chaos clears up and everybody is thinking straight again.

After the past few days who knew what would happen.

I needed her to be alive. I need her. I have so much I need to tell her.

We deserve to be together. We deserve to be happy.

I needed some information on her. Alex had been talking to a graying middle aged doctor in a shadowed alcove for about 15 minutes now.

I wish that he would hurry up. I need her to be fine. I need her to be more than fine because fine is below her. She is perfection in my eyes. Even her faults and her annoying little habits make me love her even more.

Oh god. I need some fucking information and maybe some fucking sedatives of some sort.

Alex was finally walking back towards us and I was the first to jump up and pull him aside. I wanted to talk to him privately.

“What’s going on?” I asked him frantically.

He just sighed and couldn’t meet my eyes. This wasn’t good. Oh my fucking God. I think I got the urge to get on the ground and pray to God. I wasn’t religious but this whole little experience was urging me to turn to some sort of savior.

“Tell me what’s going on right now,” I demanded while my shaking voice contradicted my harsh words.

“One of her lungs had a lot of damage in it and they had to go in and operate. She also has 3 broken rings, a fracture ankle, the same foot is broken, she’s covered bruises and has a total of 94 stitches in her body. She also isn’t waking up. Her vitals are doing pretty okay considering the situation but she’s just not waking up,” he said and I watched sadly as the tears silently fell from his eyes.

I stood there helplessly. I should’ve been a doctor, then I’d know what to do to fix her.

I scolded myself. You can’t fix her, she’s not a broken toy. She may be a little broken but she’s most definitely not a toy.

“I wanna see her,” I whispered hoarsely. Fuck, I was crying again.

I felt like such a pussy for crying so much but I just couldn’t help it.

“I don’t know if they’ll allow it but you can try to sneak in, its room 315. Take the elevator and then turn left,” he told me, not meeting my eyes.

“Okay, thanks man,” I told him gratefully.

“Hey, man,” he said grabbing my arm before I got too far away, stopping me.

“Yeah?” I asked apprehensively.

“Prepare yourself. It’s not gonna be very pleasant when you walk in there,” he warned and I saw he was trying his hardest not to have an emotional breakdown.

“Okay. Thanks man. And, she’s gonna be fine, don’t worry about it. Our girl’s a fighter. If anyone could make it through all this shit, it would be here,” I told him, wishing that my mind was as positive as the words spouting out of my mouth.

With those last words I walked away as calmly as I could towards the elevator. The last thing I saw was a mob of about 75 people sitting in the waiting room. All the people we knew. Everyone from tour. Everyone.

If this girl was one thing it’s definitely loved.

How could someone who was so loved not be able to make it through this? They would make it through. They would have to.

With those thoughts on a revolving carousel ride in my head I went to her room without even thinking, my head filled with thoughts of things I wish I’d never even considered.

The halls were almost eerily empty. It was the dead shift though, late hours that no one wanted to work. They all must’ve been on a coffee break. It wasn’t likely that there would be many more emergencies at 4 in the morning.

I walked in and looked at her and immediately wanted to run out. Her face was covered with bruises and there was stitches going up her arms, a minor injury to everything else that they must’ve stitched up.

She looked so pale, so ghostlike. So angelic. She looked like a broke angel who’d lost her wings.

I sat next to her and grabbed her hand that didn’t have the IV in it. I kissed her hand over and over, scared that if I touched any other part of her that I’d hurt her somehow.

I should’ve gotten there sooner. I could’ve helped her. I could’ve prevented this. If only I’d gotten there sooner. If only I’d never let her go in the first place.

I don’t know why but I just started to talk, hoping that she’d hear me, “Taylor, Taylor I hope you can hear me. I hope that you’ll open your eyes again so that I can just sit there and stare into them all day. I want you to yell at me, scream at me, throw things, anything to have awake and in my arms. I need you here with me. I need you to be okay. Without you I’m not going to be anything. Without you I’ll never be complete again. It’s like I was given all the treasures in the world and it was taken away from me before I could even spend any of it. That’s what you are Taylor, you’re my treasure. You’re golden, to me. And I love you. I love you with all my heart.”

I was sobbing at this point, “It’s all my fault baby, if only I’d gotten there sooner. I could’ve saved you from all of this. If only I’d never let you leave me in the first place. I never want you to leave me again. Please don’t leave me,” my voice cracked pathetically as I cried into her side, “I love you. I love you more than life itself and if I could I would switch places with you right this moment without hesitation. I love you, I just hope you know how much. I never thought it would be possible to need someone as much as much as I need you. So please, please just open your eyes.”

Nothing happened, she didn’t do anything. She didn’t even move a muscle. She sat there motionless. My throat tightened and my eyes closed, I felt more tears coming.

I felt like if I didn’t stop soon I was either going to literally drown in my own tears or I would cry all of the fluids out of my body and die from dehydration, if that was even possible.

I sighed and stood over her. I towered her even more than usual. I felt like I was her protective blanket, I wouldn’t let anything harm her ever again, not if I could stop it. I vowed that to myself.

I brushed her bangs out of her eyes gently, making sure not to hurt her.

“I love you,” I whispered in her ear softly and kissed her cheek, careful to avoid the purple bruise that was right below her cheek.

I heard her gasp for breath and jumped in shock. Her eyes opened slowly and I felt like the happiest man in the world.

“I love you to,” she said hoarsely and the way that her voice cracked made want to start up the tears again. I held them in now though.

“I’m gonna go get your doctor okay?” I told her holding her hand in mine softly, smiling so wide that I thought my face might just crack in two.

Her bloodshot eyes widened and she frowned, “No! Don’t leave me! Please don’t leave me!”

The desperation in her voice broke my heart.

I leaned down and held her face gently, “Shh. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you, I promise. You’re okay now. Everything is fine.”

She visibly relaxed. I mean I guess I didn’t have to get someone immediately, they’d come in to check on her eventually.

I suddenly leaned down to her again and just planted feather light kisses all over her face as she sat the unable to move without it causing her immense pain. The first thing I had to do when a doctor came by to check up on her was ask them to up the pain medicine. She didn’t need anymore pain after all that she had been through.

“Well, well, well, isn’t this a cute little lover’s reunion you two are having?” a sarcastic psychopathic voice asked from behind.

Me and Taylor froze up immediately and I swear to god I just had a heart attack and a seizure at the same time.

There right by the door, blocking us from getting out stood Brian.

What. The. Fuck.
Sign up to rate and review this story