Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Death Note: A New Era

Planning

by Shank 0 reviews

Ryuji almost tricks Light

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Yagami Raito,Yagami Soichiro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2009-01-27 - Updated: 2009-01-27 - 2239 words - Complete

0Unrated
Light was walking into the office today by himself as it gave him some thinking time. But he had growing suspicions he was being followed. He had asked Ryuk if he had seen anyone tagging along behind him, but even the Shinigami couldn’t find anybody. “Maybe you just are becoming more paranoid? Ryuk asked him.
“No. I can feel it. Ryuji is coming.” Light got agitated as he knew he could feel someone following him, so it was impossible that Ryuk didn’t know. So was Ryuk purposely holding the information from him? Although Ryuk had already told him once before that people were following him, maybe this was his way of having a little more fun. There was nothing he could do about it now; if he was acting paranoid-it meant it only increased his chances of looking like Kira. He had to be as casual as possible, whilst trying to get to the bottom of the situation. Could it be Ryuji following him? How would he know who he was anyway, even if he did see him?



Ryuji had been very careful to stay out of sight. There were a few times he thought his presence may have been noticed but h believed himself to be safe. He was tailing an officer after all, someone good enough to be on L’s investigation unit. This person was working with L and therefore a good lead into what they knew. Ryuji was safe for now, he had to try and stay focused as he kept thinking of all the questions he had from this surveillance work he was doing. The person he was following was definitely not L, and by the looks of it-not Kira. He was a very big man, and everywhere he went was with a gorgeous girl. Ryuji had already identified the girl as Amane Misa but why was she with this cop. This big guy she was with would hopefully take her back to the other members of the unit and answer her involvement with the Kira case.



Light got into the officer and everybody was already working hard. He wondered how Misa was doing with Mogi and if she was being much trouble. She still called him every now and then being very annoying as usual and he knew that Mogi would much rather prefer to be around here where the action was rather than protecting Misa. But he knew that Mogi wouldn’t be called away from his duties as she was still suspected from having involvement with Kira. With very good timing, the phone that Ryuji had dropped off yesterday rang when he had entered. Soichiro handed the phone to him and he answered, “This is L.”
“L. I want to meet up today and I have found some crucial information regarding the Kira case.”
“Of course you have, isn’t there anything you could give us over the phone-you haven’t been too keen to make contact with us.”
“I want to know if you considered the possibility of a 2nd Kira or at least that Kira can give away his power to other people?” Light was shocked and everybody listening also took a step back. This guy had said what L had said before he died and Light had to be very careful about what he said next. “How do you know this?”
“I had a suspicion from the event with the television station. Kira was able to kill people for the first time just on seeing them and it was bystanders he was killing. Kira always killed those that were criminals and those that stood against him. This Kira had gained some kind of new and possibly stronger power-maybe to challenge or make contact with Kira.” This guy was good. Light also had to suspect he wasn’t being told everything that Ryuji knew. He would need to find out what he knew and a way to bring him down fast. “Do you know who the 2nd Kira is?” He knew what Ryuji would say but he still had to ask.
“This is why I want to meet today so I can tell you.” Light was correct. He knew this is what Ryuji would ask and to make him appear as L he would have to accept these terms.

Before they left, they quickly checked the internet to see there had been another viral video released by Ryuji. Once again he had to look at the mask that was tattooed in his brain. “I am still coming Kira, I know you can give your powers to others and I know there is a second Kira. Rest assured I know it was you before and that is all that matters. To the world watching this video, I will soon show you who Kira is and you can look down from him from above and pass your own judgement.” The video ended and Light knew this guy was after revenge. He had probably killed someone close to Ryuji and this is what gave him motive and determination. If Ryuji was indeed doing this out of revenge, he wasn’t thinking clearly, too much emotion meant no rationality and that meant he was easier to catch. It was only a matter of time before his emotions got the better of him.

When they got to the new place the conditions were simple. It was another apartment building close to the one they had been at yesterday called the Holiday Inn. Light knew they because Ryuji was using destinations around the same area, he was probably nowhere near any of them. When they did get there, only two were allowed in to talk with Ryuji who would be waiting for them. They could decide to send in L, or they didn’t have to, but it was only two that were allowed in. They had decided that Yagami Soichiro and his son as L would be the ones to enter together.

Light had done his absolute best to think of everything that Ryuji could do in this situation. Light hated being at the disadvantage and tried putting everything in perspective. They went into the building, his dad was the lead and he followed close behind. They went up a couple of staircases until they came to a hall. In the middle of the hall there was a blockage that had been set up by Ryuji. Chairs, tape, wood-anything had been used to significantly obstruct the hallway and make sure that there was no way to snag him quickly. Light believed Ryuji had trapped himself but knew he couldn’t be this stupid. He must have had another way out, even if they were currently 5 stories high from the ground. Soichiro stood in front of Light, “Ryuji? Are you here?”
A voice answered back at them, “Soichiro, is has been a long time? Who may I ask are you with?” Soichiro looked at Light, he didn’t want to say his son, but he didn’t want to say L either. “Someone close to you I gather?” Ryuji said in the silence and Light was a little taken back at this guy’s intuitiveness. “What information do you want to give us? Show us all that you are truly working for justice and not for your own goals.”
“I am working for my own goals, but I am going to restore justice to this world. You know the kind of people that fight everyday to bring justice, he isn’t one of them.” Light noticed he was very careful with his wording here. He could have said, ‘people like us that preserve justice’, but he didn’t. “What have you found?” Light asked even though he wasn’t spoken to.
“As you already know I believe I have found the person who is the 2nd Kira. You may have already found this seeing as though one of your own are following her.” Light couldn’t believe it, he had been able to see and distinguish Mogi and Misa. “Why would you say she is not the actual Kira?”
“Amana Misa being Kira, we both know that isn’t possible. She hasn’t the capacity to elude L for so long. This is why she is under supervision, she has made contact with Kira, am I right?”
“Very perceptive as usual,” said Soichiro. Light had finally found some evidence that his dad was friends with this guy. He was definitely a part of the Japanese law enforcement. “If you already know this, then I have done my part. I am afraid I should go.”
“Ryuji, don’t go. Come in with us-we can work together,” said Soichiro.
“The time will come when we will be helping each other more closely.” It was then that Light and Soichiro heard something. They heard Ryuji on the other side of the obstacles running away and heading further up the stairs to the roof of the building and then they heard the sound of a helicopter. “He is trying to escape from the roof!” Soichiro yelled. He began rummaging through the blockage, throwing things out of the way so he could follow Ryuji up. Light wasn’t so sure following him was a good idea and that they should be doing this. Once his dad had opened the way he began running up the stairs. How could he have got a helicopter? Why would he be using something so public? Unless…he wasn’t and this whole thing was a set up.

It all began making sense to Light now when he realised what was going on and he began running up the stairs to get his dad from making a terrible mistake. “DAD STOP! IT IS A SET UP!” Light was much faster than his dad so he was able to catch up with him. His dad had reached the door to take them out onto the roof and had even opened it a little before Light could leap forward and slam it shut. His dad tried to push him out of the way but Light held his ground. “Light we need to get him before he escapes.”
“Dad don’t you understand. The helicopter isn’t Ryuji.” He got out his walkie talkie and pushed the button, “Matsuda, what kind of helicopter is on the building?”
“A news copter Light.” He was right, it was a television copter, which meant they were streaming the images to live television. “So what if it is?” Soichiro said.
“So that means you are a sitting target for Kira. Please do not walk out of there.”
“But how are we supposed to bring him in?” Light thought about this question. He realised that while they had been worrying about looking up on the top floor, they were most likely being fooled from underneath. He got out his walkie talkie to Matsuda, “Matsuda, he will make an escape through the car park on the underground level-be ready for him.” Ryuji probably ran up the stairs and easily had enough time to hide and wait for them both to run passed him and then have an easy passage to the car park.

Matsuda ran down to the car park where the automatic gates were opening and a car was screeching out. He took out his gun and unloaded some bullets at the car, one of them going through the windscreen. In amongst the confusion, Aizawa came from nowhere and grabbed Matsuda from behind, “Stop Matsuda, there are people about, not to mention-the media everywhere-stop shooting now.” Matsuda listened and stopped shooting while the car managed to get away.

Light considered himself smart enough to see through Ryuji’s plan. He was very confident now he could bring him down in the next few days as his plans were too simple to see through. Light had remembered the video that had been released that morning when Ryuji had said, ‘the world will look down on you and judge you.’ When they had watched the news report that night, it showed the rooftop they were on in the video captured and even saw the door open a little where Soichiro almost went through before Light could stop him. But it was on the roof that was the most appealing. In big letters painted on the roof, it said ‘L will come out of this door’ with an arrow pointing to it. This meant that Ryuji had planned for them to walk out directly onto the roof in front of the television cameras which he had probably set up to be there. When they walked onto the roof, they would be captured and technically be able to be killed by Kira-however when they were not, it would only conclude to Ryuji that Kira was one of them on the video. Such a plan was very distasteful, but he had been able to get passed it. When the unit were discussing what happened in the day, Light had to find out who this Ryuji was, “Dad, who is this man? From what I can tell he is Kira or at least helping him. Such a plan to get our faces on television would be dangerous-you saw what Kira did the first time he believed he saw L.”
Soichiro stood up and banged his fist on the table, “This man…isn’t Kira!” Everybody went quiet.
Sign up to rate and review this story