Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Separated

Happy Birthday Roman, Sofia and Joseph or not?

by Syn_INC 0 reviews

Everything was set everything was in place everyone was here. Everyone but Patrick that is.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-04-20 - Updated: 2009-04-20 - 1831 words

0Unrated
I looked at the clock for the 27th time that hour and sighed. Everything was set everything was in place everyone was here.
Everyone but Patrick that is.
I looked out to the backyard and saw Sofia and Roman sitting on the table with their cake. Rome was laughing and having the time of his life with his little friends and cousins while Sofia did nothing but look around and at the back door every few seconds.
She had a rule...nothing important went down in her life unless her father was there. Recitals, karate championships, piano concerts, and today blowing out birthday candles. All she needed was his presence. He was supposed to be in his car on his way here right now. He was supposed to walk through that back gate with his hat on and his arms opened for his princess.
"Its 415p do you know where your baby daddy is?" Gin asked rocking back and forth a sleeping Sloane.
"No." I said grinding my teeth watching Sofi stare at the gate.
This was unacceptable.
I watched Sofi who was sitting next to Joe.
They were both at the table with the birthday cake. They both now were looking at that back gate. Sofii was sporting a look of almost heartbreak and Joe, who had on a birthday hat, with his knees up to his chest, sitting at the kids table sighed.
It was now creeping up to 445p and Roman, who had been sitting next to them for the last half hour looked on the verge of tears. This was my strong guy, I don't like the fact that he's going to cry for no reason.
It was shit like this that made me hate Patrick. I don't see how he could lay with me last night, and miss Roman, Sofia and Joe's birthday today. It was shit like this that made me want to buy a double barrel shot gun and blow him straight through the heart.
Before I knew it, it was 502p and Sofia stood up. Joe then followed her, took his hat off threw it on the ground and looked down at her.
"Lets go uncle Joe. He's not coming." Sofia whispered as she sniffled, "can you carry me?"
Joe picked Sofi off of her feet and she started to cry. I saw her body just finally give to the sobs that racked them. He rubbed her back and whispered words of awesomeness that only Joe knew how to say. Roman looked in my direction and kicked the hat that Joe threw on the ground half way across the yard. He was mad at his dad, I don't think anything Patrick does can recoup him from this.
*
Elisa held on to Patrick as he robotically lead her out of the hall and to their waiting car. Patrick tipped the guy who brought the car around and they put their seatbelt's on.
"I know I've been in California, for what seems forever, but really...what's the quickest way home?" Patrick asked with a smirk.
"Around Sunset." Elisa said as she moved Patrick's iPod from the floor with a laugh.
"I still don't see how I forgot my phone at home. That's NOT me at all."
"Shit happens hon. That was a beautiful ceremony don't you think?"
"It was- I but I can't help to think there was something I was supposed to do today..."
"You always feel that way hon."
"I know! And its annoying! I don't know what id do without Google Calender- SHIT!"
Patrick hit a bump in the road and the iPod Elisa was switching went down the side of the seat. Trying to get off this street was bullshit anyway so Patrick placed the car in park in hopes that these LA drivers wouldn't make him catch a case.
He stuck his hand in the corner and pulled out a Jack-in-the-box napkin, a Starbucks straw and a sleek metal object. At first he thought this was his iPod until it vibrated in his hands. This vibration indicated that the message, or messages on his phone were at least 10 minutes old.
The next object he pulled out was his iPod and he dumped that on Elisa's lap.
"Well FUCK ME!" Patrick mumbled, "that's where that went."
The 147 missed calls on his phone put Patrick in a panic. He couldn't believe that he had so many missed calls in a span of 2 hours.
They left the house at 1030a, the wedding then started a half hour later at 11a. The birthday party was 12p-3p and the reception didn't start until 1230p something about the alcohol and silly things like that.
Patrick slammed on his breaks and started to fly down the opposite direction.
"Where are we going?" Elisa demanded.
"I forgot Sofi, Rome and Joe's party was today! Oh Joe's God!" Patrick said deliriously like a mother who lost her child in a mall.
"Its ok. They'll forgive you."
"No...yes, will they?"
"Patrick. Just tell them you forgot...or the fact that you were at a wedding."
"You have GOT to be kidding me right?" Patrick demanded.
"No. I mean shit happens."
"Not with Sofia. You don't understand-"
"Well she's going to have to one day isn't she?"
"Well yes. But still. That's my Lady-"
"Then can you take me home before you go there."
"Home is like 25 minutes away."
"I know."
"But-"
"Now, please."
*
I sat with my little girl in my lap as she just cried away. I figured that maybe after a few hours she'd feel a little bit better now. But sadly that wasn't the case. I was across from Joe who's eyes were really red. Usually it would be from something else but this time, he looked as teary eyed as Sofi.
"Come on my Princess." Gin said taking Sofi away from me, "I think we should go lie down don't you?"
"Does he hate me?" Sofi asked.
"Perdon?"
"Patrick-"
"Your dad."
"Yes. Does he hate us?"
Gin just laughed uneasily.
That was one for the scrapbook I thought as Gin took the stairs 2 at a time. Rome was sitting at the top of the stairs watching Gin.
"Are you coming night night with me too?" Gin questioned.
"Can Tio Joe tuck me in? You remind me too much of mommy. You look sad like her right now."
"I do?"
Roman shook his head and I saw Joe start up the stairs and random doors closing.
As the house went still and settled in for the night I listened to the mumbles coming from Rome's room, and then Sofi's. I heard Zoë and Gia's soft breathing as they were the first ones knocked out for the night. Noah and Shia were asleep on the couch and I saw someone's foot off the chair from where I was standing.
This I didn't want to believe happened. I wanted to suddenly wake up in that room, in the Chateau Marmont still looking for my sandal.
I then heard the garage door open and a car door slam. I saw Patrick walk through the patio door and look right at me. I was leaning on the fridge with fire in my eyes. I was so exhausted that I had to deal with a crying child on her birthday that I couldn't deal with an apologetic 'baby daddy'.
"I am so-" Patrick started.
I put my hand up and Patrick's words stopped between his teeth.
"I don't, don't think- anything short of 'my mother got into a car accident and died' is going to save you. And I know that’s a fucking lie because your mother was HERE!"
"What?"
"I- no!"
I walked as close to possible to make sure that he heard me.
"You. Need to leave. You. Broke your daughters’ heart. You. Still don't realize the effects your actions have on everyone. You. It all of a sudden it feels like, im steady covering up for YOU. And after YOU fucked me last night and told me YOU loved me! And that YOU would be here. You show up 7 hours late with FUCKING apologies! What the FUCK is wrong with you?!"
With each "you" I pushed Patrick in the chest and he looked at me with those eyes. All of a sudden they didn't matter anymore and I just wanted to poke them out with the grilling fork that was on the counter. This was when I realized that he's just filled with complete and utter bullshit.
"Not EVEN 24 hours after I left you, was the party and I told you to come. 147 calls in a span of FOUR hours and 44 voicemails. Gin doesn’t talk to computers and she LEFT 17 voicemails- I don't understand you. There's something wrong with your brain. You need to get your priorities straight Patrick Stump. Not for me anymore. But for 1 - 4 upstairs sleeping never to know you came tonight, because I won't tell them and make them cry."
That mask.
He had on that DUMB mask again!
"You need to leave before I have Joe hit you again." I concluded turning and walking away.
"Whatever. Youll make Joe do nothing." Patrick stated defiantly not seeing his ex-best friend off in the shadow's holding his sleeping kids. Suddenly I had Sloane in my arms as Gin was being weighed down by both her boys. I heard her groan as she attempted to maneuver her way to the back door. But instead she stood there next me leaning on the wall.
Joe then just walked up to Patrick and he's there in the moment not knowing what was coming next. Joe had Patrick by the scruff of his collar and exhaled, as Patrick cringes and awaits the blow Joe loosens his grip then suddenly slams him in the wall.
"I’ts not even fucking worth it." Joe mumbled walking over taking his boys from Gin and walking out the house.
"Hasta luego?" Gin stated removing Sloane from my arms.
"Noches." I said softly.
As Gin was walking out Sloane opened her eyes and gave a big yawn.
"Sofi was crying tio." Sloane stated grabbing on to Patrick's shirt, "Why weren't you here?"
"I was...at a wedding."
"Oh. We didn't even have cake. Sofi said no and went into the house with Skywalker and Daddy-"
"No more SloTroh, es tiempo para dormir."
"Ok. Nachos Titi. I love you."
"I love you too SloTroh."
And then, maybe she forgot, or the room was a bit too tense, Sloane didn't say another word to Patrick. And for some reason that hurt him more than a punch from Joe ever would. He didn’t say another word as he turned on his heels and headed for the garage. I heard the door open shut another door open his car turn on and then he was gone and I was left alone to be consumed by the overbearing sense of emptiness he always left behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story