Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

Same old morning routine.

by Celestial_Calamity 1 review

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2009-05-21 - Updated: 2009-05-21 - 535 words

1Original
“Bonjour, Mademoiselle Dawn!” Aden laughed as he jumped up and down on the bed. “Y’know, for a girl living alone, I’d think that you would lock the door more often. But nooo, you don’t have to because you’re so tough.” Plopping down next to me, he ruffled my hair while grinning and staring.

“What?” I asked, peeking over the covers, returning the stare.

“It’s Sunday, and you know what that means.” He jumped up off the bed, tugging me with him. Walking over to the closet, he rummaged through it, flinging several pieces of different clothing at me. “Put it on, we’re going out.”

“Nooooo, I don’t wanna go.” I sulked, jumping back onto the bed and burrowing my way under the covers. “Last week you told everyone it was my birthday, I didn’t get to sleep till four in the morning,” I growled.

“Come on, everybody loves you.” Treading back over, he pulled the drapes apart, blinding me with the sunlight. Walking back over, he ripped the covers off and started tugging on my arm again.

“I don’t wannaaaaa,” I whined, slumping to the ground. “Sunday is…”

“Unique, fun, awesome?!” He waved his hands through the air, searching for more words.

“Uh, no. I was thinking more along the lines of ENERGY SUCKER.” Groaning, I got back up, dragging the clothes he’d picked out with me to the bathroom. “Fine. I’ll meet you in the car, alright?”





“Well, aren’t you stunning.” Aden beamed while leaning on the steering wheel. I opened the bug’s shiny dark blue door and scooted in beside him, grumbling.

“Ughhh.” I leaned, or rather fell sideways, whacking my head on the window. “Remind me again how the hell I got a job in the circus?” I groaned, repeatedly hitting my head against the car.

“Uhm, you wanted a fun job and the circus just happened to be the job you picked for this week. Job hopping isn’t exactly the best job in the world, you know.” He turned a corner as I stared out the window at the lush forest full of trees and brightly colored flowers.

“Yeah, but it’s better than working at the same job. Everyday. Getting bored out of your mind. Besides, I’ve always wanted to be a trapeze artist.”

“Since when?” he smirked, glancing over at me. “Hey, stop fogging up the window and doodling on them.”

“Nev. Er.” I grinned, fogging them up even more. “And since I was like, four. They do flips an stuff in the air and everything.”

“You already do that.” He rolled his eyes, turning another corner into a gravel parking lot.

“What’s your point?”

“Uh, never mind. We’re here.”

“Thank you, Sherlock. I believe I can see that.” I pushed the door open and got out. Reaching back inside, I grabbed my plain black backpack then shut the door.

“Well, gee, it was no trouble at all. Giving you a ride was my pleasure.” He teased, getting out of the car, and slamming his door.

“Better believe it.” I grinned as we headed towards the loud music and giant, colorful tents.
Sign up to rate and review this story